Texas Hunting Forum

Wise county rut?

Posted By: roushmanf150

Wise county rut? - 11/26/19 08:54 PM

Be doing some hunting this weekend in wise county and curious, is the rut pretty much over and done or? Normally hunt west texas and sure its not nearly as late in the season around wise as it is out west. Thanks
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/26/19 09:02 PM

I heard it was 2 weeks ago but I never saw any chasing. Had a buck and doe on camera together yesterday for the first time. Historically it’s usually from now until first week of December at my place.

Sitting in the stand now sweating. Hoping the front tonight has them moving tomorrow.
Posted By: roushmanf150

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/26/19 10:04 PM

Awesome, thanks and good luck! Hoping they are chasing or just moving in general.. I wish the cool weather would stick around for the weekend, looks to be warm and wet bang

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/26/19 10:10 PM

Have only gotten a glimpse of a hog so far, but it’s just now getting to be time. Wind has switched to the north but isn’t blowing hard.
Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/26/19 10:21 PM

I hunted on the edge of Jack/Young County this past weekend. Rut was in full swing there.

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/26/19 10:49 PM

I’ve been betting on tomorrow being the day. No moon, much colder, not much wind, solunar is positive. Planning to hunt dawn to dusk unless we can get a trigger pulled sooner. Have my blood thirsty daughter sitting next to me.
Posted By: vanndchi

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/27/19 02:43 AM

Second rut will kick in next week. Still does in and chasing in Cooke County.

Peak of rut is always around November 16th.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/27/19 07:11 AM

Rut was on last weekend. Does are scared and bucks moving long distances. Usually lasts until Dec. We still never get bucks on corn ever in Montague period.

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/27/19 09:32 AM

I haven’t had a mature buck on corn since the 2nd week of Oct. They usually come back to it around Christmas though they always hit it if we have ice or snow.

Shocked how little activity I’m seeing but hopeful today is good.
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/27/19 03:07 PM

Everything has been showing back up to the feeders since Monday night, I'd say it is winding down

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/27/19 04:36 PM

Saw a good buck in hot pursuit this morning. Unfortunately he was 700 yards away and headed the wrong way. Saw two other young bucks, one of which tried to check an unresponsive doe (she still had a fawn with her which is late). Underdressed and got cold so ran into town to warm up. On the way out saw that same young buck almost a mile from where I saw him 2 hours earlier.

I’d say they’re still on the move but would sure like to see my mature bucks of fall come home.
Posted By: bobcaslayer1

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/27/19 05:57 PM

I had 6 bucks on a hot doe yesterday morning. Had to watch 2 real nice bucks on neighboring property, the other 4 were running so hard I couldn’t get a shot. Never thought that would happen.

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/30/19 07:14 PM

My top target buck showed up on camera this morning for the first time since Sept 30. Maybe they’re starting to come home.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Wise county rut? - 11/30/19 10:28 PM

It’s come and gone in Schliecher county. Was over before thanksgiving. May get a secondary rut but we will
Just have to sew
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum