Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting pack

Posted By: Roll-Tide

Hunting pack - 09/06/18 03:36 AM

What do y’all use? I typically take one of my kids leftover backpack. But it’s pretty unorganized
Looking for options.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Hunting pack - 09/06/18 05:01 AM

Sam's had some Realtree camo backpacks a few years ago for $30. I bought a couple so when one breaks I got a another ready to go. Has 4 large zippered compartments and several smaller ones so easy to organize. Liner is blaze orange so you can see everything. I love it and very sturdy.
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: Hunting pack - 09/06/18 11:13 AM

I just bought a 511 backpack. I got the 24. So far I really like it. Lots of room and pockets. Was $1p0 on eBay. I also got the multi cam which was a lil more.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Hunting pack - 09/06/18 11:15 AM

For Texas the Cabelas axis badlands pack, the lid is reversed so it’s easy to reach in a pull stuff out of a wall
Posted By: brucedonnovan

Re: Hunting pack - 09/06/18 01:47 PM

I've had the camo backpack from Walmart for 6 years. After deer season, I change it over to a fishing backpack with a small tackle box inside. No rips yet and zippers still work great.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Hunting pack - 09/06/18 01:54 PM

I use a plain ole Remington camo backpack with 90% of the contents being useless. Most of the things I really need are locked in my deer blind throughout the year (binos, ear plugs, sand bags, heater, ammo, and flash light)
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Hunting pack - 09/06/18 07:33 PM

The past few i've had were the cheapies from academy. It seems the shoulder straps keep breaking loose from where it attaches to the bottom of the bag. Midway had a sale a while back on their bags and snagged one for around $25. It seems to be alright so far. The pockets are pretty big but I wish I could cinch it down tighter to make the thickness of the overall bag smaller.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Hunting pack - 09/08/18 01:58 PM

I had a Badlands and it didn't fit my needs, so went with a simple Redhead pack with 2 outer pockets and slots for 2 water bottles. Inside the main compartment it has one pocket for small things like flashlights, batteries, etc. Works great for me and it was less than $30.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Hunting pack - 09/08/18 02:53 PM

I use a Maxpedition Versipak or a cheapo rainproof bag that a cheapo duffle bag came packed in.
Posted By: djs303

Re: Hunting pack - 09/10/18 09:39 PM

I have an Alps Outdoorz Pursuit pack and it works great. It has comfortable straps and a belt for support. This is the first "hunting" pack that I have bought. It will hold everything you want to pack and then some, including strapping down a gun or bow, and is comfortable on long hikes. Previously, I used a pack I bought on clearance at Walmart and it served its purpose pretty good but the straps would dig in and bother my shoulders if hiking for any long distance. If your just needing something to carry your things back and forth to the stand, a cheap pack will be all you need.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Hunting pack - 09/11/18 01:50 AM

It all depends on what you're using it for, but I have two packs that I use. One thing I really like about the Alps Outdoorz Traverse is that it has an extra compartment that can be zipped up and compressed or unzipped and expanded to carry things like deer quarters. I've only used it in Alaska where I have to pack what I need in with me. For hunting here out of blinds I use the Magellan pack. It's much smaller and lighter and I don't need to put much in it. It's pretty cheap but so far seems to be pretty well made.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E3Q7Y1A/ref=twister_B073HY5VP8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magellan-outdoors-tech-pack#repChildCatid=4739518

Posted By: Lone Ranger

Re: Hunting pack - 09/11/18 06:41 PM

Badlands Pursuit works great for a day pack for me.
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Hunting pack - 09/11/18 08:18 PM

I have a SOG Ninja Tactical Day Pack, bought off of Amazon.
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: Hunting pack - 09/11/18 08:37 PM

I keep an eye on the Midway Mil surplus section for bags. They are typically in great shape and good quality. I found an empty can of snuff in one and wondered what the stories that snuff could tell...
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Hunting pack - 09/11/18 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Lone Ranger
Badlands Pursuit works great for a day pack for me.

If you go to Badlands website and enter your email, they may give you a discount. I was prompted and they gave me 35% off.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum