Texas Hunting Forum

What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!!

Posted By: HighTechRedneck

What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/27/06 03:08 PM

I was at my lease last weekend doing a little Hog Huntin/baitin up and setting up some blinds etc. Went to the back of the Ranch where they have dug the big tank/lake and the drillers (water well) have been back there for a couple of weeks drilling a water well to fill the tank. (to drill gas wells) Anyway, I go to fill up my protein feeder and a buddy hollars for me to come check this out. Not 15 yards from my feeder and less the roughnecks have been using my feeder area for a crapper. Some places where buried but most where in the open, appy 30 times, they had run out of T paper and used socks, underwear etc. Needless to say I went immediatly to the drill site, about 300 yards from feeder and commenced to chew some arse. I wasn't sure how many it was going to take to whip my ass but I knew how many they where gonna use (RonWhite quote) Not sure why but they decided to back down and apologise (probably thought I was loony because I came flying out of my truck yelling like a banshee injun on the war path) they promised to clean it up. Never did, knew they wouldn't, It was evidently done on purpose and with full intent to screw up that hunting area. Now I am usually cool and collective, learned to control my anger years ago but after the season I had with poachers and oil lease workers driving up under my bowstand while hunting etc; etc; needless to say I lost it. Buddy said I was crazy, there was 4 of them and only you!!!! Well thanks but no thanks for having my back.
Any way I decided to have a little revenge. I wonder how that raw shrimp under the seat of the ramrods truck seat is smelling today. I was happy to see he had parked on the other side of the rig and couldnt see me crawl up and discreetly leave him a love package under his back seat. Can't believe I did that now, but it was worth it. Sorry just was sittin here remembering the events of the weekend and my blood pressure got up and had to vent.

Posted By: activescrape

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/27/06 03:29 PM

Well, we are relieved to know that you do have your anger under control these days. lol

Posted By: JBCooper

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/27/06 03:42 PM

Randy,
I think you did an outstanding job of managing your anger! I think I would've bagged all of their "remnants" and put them in his truck though. Shrimp was a good idea though, should smell lovely by now. LOL

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/27/06 03:43 PM

Glad everything worked out for you this time Randy. Next time you might call the SO to join you. Working out in West Texas years ago, I have learned these people could careless of other human beings.

Know what you mean about distrubing a hunt though. This year had a crew come in behind my stand at 7am and started pulling old drill stem from a well. Needless to say I just started hunting on foot.

Posted By: grm

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/27/06 03:50 PM

That's GREAT. I've often wondered what I would do in a situation like that. The shrimp sounds like a good idea but I belive a shovel and a few scoops of their own crap in the back of the truck would have been my response. Or to be nicer about it maybe put all of it in a cardboard box and hand deliver it to the forman. No, I'm too chicken to do that. Well maybe..... I would.
I've got oil field guys at my lease and they've been pretty good about honoring my hunting areas. We also have quail hunters that don't deer hunt and during the deer season I have to put up signs to keep them out. Sounds like these drillers wouldn't honor a sign though.

Posted By: timbertoes

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/27/06 03:51 PM

thats what "cover" URINE Scent is for.

seat covers.

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/27/06 04:01 PM

Quote:

Well, we are relieved to know that you do have your anger under control these days. lol

Whut?

Posted By: Quacker Attacker

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/27/06 04:42 PM

Way to go!!! I once had a co-worker put a half eaten fish sandwich under the passenger seat of a "friends" vehicle. She drove two vehicles so this particular car didn't get driven too much. She didn't realize it was there for a few weeks and by then couldn't get the smell out. We laughed so hard we almost pis--- ourselves. As my father used to say - don't get mad - get even.

Posted By: Jeffrey

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/27/06 06:39 PM

Eye for an Eye, the whole world would be blind. But at least you didnt get in a fight, sorry to hear bout your incident.

Posted By: bounty hunter

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/27/06 08:54 PM

shrimp under the seat is pretty good but next time put sardines down the defrost tube you have to tear the dash appart to get rid of them !

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/27/06 09:08 PM

Yea, I felt bad for a minute. No, if the Ramrod hadn't been such a bad liar I probably wouldn't have done anything. He actually had the nerve to say he DIDN'T Realise that ANYONE WAS HUNTIN DOWN THERE. I said that first thing that should have gave it away was the tower blind behind his rig and the tree stand near the feeder they had to walk by to sh%$. They will be gone next year. So will the SH&%. Well I am off to Whitney to take some corp clients out fishing then doing a trip Monday with Luke Clayton and Bob Hood, be sure and check out Bob Hood's article in the following Sunday Ft. Worth Star Telegram sports section, Lukes will be in the next issue of Catfish Angler. Have a great weekend. Here Kitty Kitty... Blue Cat that is!!!

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/27/06 09:11 PM

Good luck on the fishing trip.

Posted By: Big Orn

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/28/06 12:10 PM

Quote:

...snip...at least you didnt get in a fight...

What's wrong with a good, ol' fashioned arse whoopin'? If more of them were doled out as required they're wouldn't be as much foolishness going on, imo.

Randy, I'm glad you confronted them idiots. No matter what they'll think about that everytime they set foot on the place.

Posted By: BuckMaster

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/29/06 11:14 AM

Randy, next time try a little soured milo under the seat. Just half a cup will do.

Posted By: Eagleeye

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/29/06 03:16 PM

Just a drop or two of skunk scent does wonders for the seats. Long lasting reminder.

Posted By: Bradbury

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/30/06 02:32 PM

All seriousness, take photos of the stuff, the TP, the socks, the underwear, etc.....and give them to the landowner and have him complain to the company that has it leased, not the drilling rig crew....for littering and you might even try surface damage...LOL....but you will be amazed how quick those guys will get jerked back in line.

One started a fire at a place we hunt, 500 acres burned from a cigg.......he no longer works for that driller! and they paid big dollars for the fire.

Posted By: Big Orn

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/30/06 02:39 PM

...and complain to the Texas Railroad Commission...

Posted By: txbobcat

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/30/06 05:37 PM

Well,

At least you did not have any motion cameras out there!!!
JR

Posted By: Bradbury

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/30/06 05:39 PM

When they finish, the area has to be clean and returned to the normal way it was or close to it as possible....They are not allowed to leave in hydro carbons on the surface.....now, it is not hydro carbons, but it is some sort of waste and I would raise a pretty good stink about it.....no pun intended...

Posted By: travelinman31

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 01/31/06 08:36 PM

Another way to handle it might have been to casually talk to the crew and tell them something had been taking a $h!? over around your feeder. You are pretty convinced it is one of those Sasquatch's and you are going to hunt it hard. And seeing how your sight has been diminishing you were going to have to rely on getting off some sound shots.

Posted By: redraider99

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 02/01/06 03:40 PM

This would be childish, but fight fire with fire. Plus I still like the fish in the back seat. Always hear about people doing that but never tried it myself.

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 02/01/06 03:48 PM

That is a good ideal. I know the oil people are regulated by the RR commish but didn't know the water drillers where, make's sence though. Thanks.

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 02/01/06 03:50 PM

Pun taken!

Posted By: redchevy

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 02/03/06 06:43 PM

My grandfather had the same problem, except the guys were building his fence, and they actualy used the blind as a leaning post and made a beutifull streak down the side of it, how nice of them.

matt

Posted By: pyledriver

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 02/04/06 04:13 PM

Boy, it's a good thing you didn't uh..wink wink...put some of the uh REMAINS in one of their water jugs..wink wink!

Posted By: wal1809

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 02/10/06 11:42 PM

The more posts I read from BIGORN the more I like him. He is right, there is nothing wrong with a good old country set you straight again a-- whoopin.
I was sent to anger management classes once and it just made me mad. Sounds like I am making a joke but it is true.

Posted By: biz

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 02/15/06 04:47 AM

tie sardines on the muffler,doodoo flavor coolade,thats funny rite there...

Posted By: Puplfishin

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 02/20/06 09:54 PM

The shrimp was great, but too easy to find.
Next time drop a couple of chunks of limberg cheese down the defrost vents on the dash. Much harder to de-con, and you know this time of the year it's a must use feature!
One click of the fan switch and he would beg to smell his crew's remnants instead of that cheese!

Revenge is so sweet when it's served up to a true a-hole!

Posted By: Double_Drop_Tines

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 02/21/06 03:00 PM

I really can't say what I'd done. But a few bottles of scent would make'm madder than an 'ol wet hen. I prefer fox and skunk. But then again some good 'ol stink bait would work too.. And I would be sure to spare no expense.

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 02/21/06 06:13 PM

I was back down and they did not clean up the area as promised. I think it was Steve B that recommended contacting the railroad commision. I believe that is the next step. Socks, gloves, pockets, and underwear littered everywhere. Looks like a mini Garth Brooks outdoor concert.

Posted By: dirtynix

Re: What I found at one feeder...Revenge will be mine!!! - 02/27/06 08:20 PM

I know it is not the same, but oneday a buddy jacked with me, so I found his scent cover spray bottle and "leaked in it. He never knew the difference. Ah, sweet revenge.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum