Texas Hunting Forum

Urine in my pen.. what would u do?

Posted By: Roll-Tide

Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 04:33 AM

Went out and checked a few things, took a 1st year member.

As i turned my back to fill feeder, he starts to take a pizz within the corning area.

I jumped him a bit, i dont know if that effects deer or not. To me the point was not to disrespect my area.

We just left camp 5 minutes prior

What would you do?
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 04:36 AM

I don't think it will hurt much but that is kinda disrespectful to piss in the pen and not walk a little ways away.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 04:57 AM

Same thing you did. Educate him that you just don't do that. I agree with Sapper it may not have much effect but you just don't do that.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 04:59 AM

Won't impact anything right now. I have done it in the off season and seen a nice group of bucks walk right by 45 minute later and proceed to eat. I don't do it during the season though.
Posted By: TxBuck

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 06:01 AM

If your concerned about the deer, it doesn't do anything. All they know is something other than them urinated there. Could have been hog, yote, cow, fox etc. Plus after the first shower washes any scent away anyway.
Posted By: Age N Score ?

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 10:53 AM

confused2
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 12:07 PM

Build a mock scrape at his stand and tell him to take a wizz there and see what kind of results he has.
I've heard of people doing that and they claim it works.
The deer can't tell who or what peed there!
I've done it at my stands/feeders for years, just not during the season, but with the successes I've had over the years, maybe there is something to it.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 12:35 PM

Nothing. No worries. up
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 12:38 PM

Won't be a big deal. Just ask him to go somewhere else, next time.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 12:42 PM

When filling up feeders one of the two or three of us would whizz next to every feeder we filled.

It affects nothing and honestly I don't see how its disrespectful. if it was in the seat of your blind I could see the issue but are you gonna get onto the deer that pees in the pen?
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 12:55 PM

It won't affect anything. Hell I do it at my own feeder sometimes just because I'm too lacy to walk away.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 01:17 PM

Always laugh at the guys who carry pee jugs in the stand with them. No impact, whatsoever.
Posted By: BufordT

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 01:23 PM

Find a scrape, pee in it, put a camera on it and watch what happens!
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 01:25 PM

It does absolutely no harm. I've made mock scrapes with my urine and have had as much success as using the store bought stuff.

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: BufordT
Find a scrape, pee in it, put a camera on it and watch what happens!

I pee in every one I come across.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 01:59 PM

It should have no effect on the deer. I bet that they will pick up the corn on the damp spot as they do in other areas around the feeder.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 01:59 PM

Unless you want a ruined season your gonna need to rent a bobcat and very carefully remove the contaminated dirt. Haul it no less than ten miles away to the east. Deer have an amazing nose.
Posted By: 2Gemsranch

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 02:17 PM

Very unfortunate. Prolly should look for a new lease. Jeez
Posted By: Cast

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 02:35 PM

SSS
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 02:35 PM

Season is done. No deer will be around that pen for a long time.

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 02:36 PM

You should have made him make a mock scrape where he pissed
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 02:44 PM

It's not gonna hurt a thing.When I bow hunt I piss out of the stand all the time doesn't bother a thing.....
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 03:00 PM

I peed in a feeder full of corn once and sat and watched deer that evening come in and eat corn.
They were a little cautious at first but then eased in and started eating.
It was just an experiment on my part to see what they would do.
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 03:10 PM

Doesn't bother a thing.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 03:14 PM

Suck it up sugar britches
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 03:45 PM

A few years ago my son who was in high school was hunting a particular mature buck. He would get pics of him every night in the same scrape but no daytime sightings. Cat and mouse game went on for 4 weeks. My son finally lost his patience and pissed in the scrape and all over the licking branch. Next morning the scrape was tore up and the licking branch was destroyed. He killed that buck the same morning. We have not tested the technique since.

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 03:47 PM

Pee'd on the licking branch? Your son must be tall!

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 03:55 PM

He was quite pleased with himself at the time.....

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 03:56 PM

roflmao
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 03:58 PM

He may have done you a favor. Read something not too long ago that said bucks actually tend to investigate human pee just like they would another buck's. Doesn't scare them away at all and may actually bring them in.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 04:37 PM

A few years back, I moved my treestand mid-day. Sat down at the base of a neighboring tree and took a nap...woke up and smoked a cigar...stubbed out cigar and took a leak on it...then climbed into my stand. 90 minutes later, there were five does standing under me taking turns smelling the cigar stub. I had to run them off after dark to get down.

I wouldn't worry too much about it...
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 04:40 PM

Your pen, your area, your front yard, and your rules. It won't hurt a thing now nor probably during the middle of the season, but if it bothers you, tell him to _ _ _ _ off somewhere else please.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 04:54 PM

I know a guy that said he would pee out of his tree stand every morning on a small bush down below. About a month into the season he said a small buck came in one morning and started smelling the bush underneath him, and he was upset with himself thinking the buck was going to blow and scare every deer out of there for a mile. Instead, the buck ate every leaf off that bush and calmly walked away.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Always laugh at the guys who carry pee jugs in the stand with them. No impact, whatsoever.

X2

Plus is gross to carry around a pee jug

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: z71dustin

X2

I was doing room inspections one morning on all my soldiers rooms and one of the soldiers had like 12 piss bottle under his bed. There was a bathroom about 15 feet from his bed. Some people are just disgusting humans.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 06:18 PM

Wouldn't do anything. It's no big deal
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 07:45 PM

Honestly, you need to 1-up him by unloading a big ol' deuce in his feeder pen. In front of him.

He won't make that mistake again, I can assure you.
Posted By: Sirrah243

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 08:32 PM

Amonia smell thats all

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: cameron00
Honestly, you need to 1-up him by unloading a big ol' deuce in his feeder pen. In front of him.

He won't make that mistake again, I can assure you.

For the win!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: z71dustin

X2

I hate sitting in someones blind that has old pee jugs sitting around, icky.
Some have a funnel and a hose from the blind. It drains right on the ground, no problem.
My brother tells of a Laredo hunt where he couldn't hold it any longer. He was hunting behind some brush he put on the road while sitting in a folding chair. Within minutes after he was done he had a huge 8 pointer coming down the road right at him, from down wind. That buck is on the wall.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/26/17 10:42 PM

Pee'd on the licking branch? Your son must be tall!

Better than licking on the peeing branch.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/27/17 12:22 PM

It's better than the spitting thing. Especially the dippers. One of my better bow kills I shot after he came in across my scent path. I was in a 12 foot tripod and was in full scent control mode but I had few beers between hunts and had to piss twice out of the tripod. First of all none of the deer at the feeder spooked at the sound of it and that buck showed no indication it bothered him when he came in ten minutes after I took the second one.

That said I wouldn't do that to another persons set up.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/27/17 09:36 PM

Won't hurt a thing. Been pissing next to my feeder for years and have never seen it effect anything.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/27/17 10:32 PM

No effect..... as stated above. The pheromones in urine is what the deer smell and given their volatility once they come in contact with air the voltize rather quickly and there's really not much left in the way of smell especially that would alert them to the presence of a human.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/28/17 04:27 AM

The main reason for me is convenience. I can pee without having to stand up, move around, and open the door to my stand and make noise.

Think about how many times you turn around and see a deer standing there that wasn't there 30 seconds before. You never know when one is about to walk out and I don't want to take a chance of scaring it off. Or worse, it's a doe and she starts snorting and scaring off every deer within earshot.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/28/17 01:54 PM

Don't blame you for getting on to him just for the principal of the matter!
The less foreign smells you have in your hunting area, the better IMO up
Posted By: Hman

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/28/17 08:04 PM

I used to worry about it and always took a bottle with me just in case. One day I forgot the bottle and had to let fly. Right out of the tree stand to the base of the tree it flew. I was a little dejected. But, I had several deer, does and bucks, stop and check it out. None spooked and seemed as calm as ever.
I've repeated this many times and have had no negative impact. Bucks and does alike tend to stop for a quick check if it's fresh.
My theory is that they cannot detect what left the urine, only what pheromones may be present. I've urinated from my stand with deer within 20 yards and none were the least bit alarmed. They looked for the sound, but just continued on about their business. I still try not to make it a habit though.
Posted By: J.Monaghan

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/29/17 03:31 AM

Not worth worrying about but definitely disrespectful
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER

Re: Urine in my pen.. what would u do? - 09/29/17 10:36 AM

I had a spot where I parked my Mule at and would take a leak in this one spot. Over the course of 4-6 hunts (weeks) the spot became a hole and the hole got bigger. Apparently a hog liked it and would come root around in it between hunts. I’ve moved areas a bit but still hit that spot from time to time to freshen it up. A year later and it still works. My wife says that I’m having a pissing contest with a pig.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum