Texas Hunting Forum

Any fawns yet?

Posted By: JLP83

Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 12:21 AM

Watching a doe at the protein feeder behind the house and she looks like she has already popped. No sign of the little one yet.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 12:33 AM

I haven't seen any, due anytime now
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 12:40 AM

Waiting to shred the pasture for this same reason. I aint seen any yet here.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 12:45 AM

Saw a doe standing in my neighbors yard in the middle of the day so she probably has one on the ground. He doesn't mow very often so there is high grass to hid it in. She usually drops one behind my shop but I have it too clean for her.
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 12:49 PM

With the favorable weather here in Central Texas, they sure are some fat girls showing up at the feeder the last few weeks!
I may have a couple as some of them are a lot skinnier in the pics I pulled yesterday.
It usually takes them a few days to bring them to the feeder though...
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 01:38 PM

I watched several pregnant does at my house feeder last Sunday morning, but no fawns as of then. Close in Brown County.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 02:25 PM

Lots of big ole fat doe at our feeders, doesn't seem they have dropped around here yet.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 02:35 PM

Saw one in Guadalupe county last weekend at my parents and one yesterday while out for work in Comal County.
Posted By: Kevin H.

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 02:35 PM

Saw twins with a doe just yesterday in Hunt county.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 03:37 PM

Getting real close here in Parker County.
Posted By: KG68

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 03:53 PM

Checking cattle last week and went to investigate several buzzards on the ground. Found a set of twins looked to have been dead when they were born. frown
Posted By: rickym

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 04:16 PM

As of sunday they hadnt dropped in Montgomery county.
Posted By: Skipetex

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/19/17 04:42 PM

Yep
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/20/17 11:19 PM

Just now saw the first fawns of the year. Nice young doe with twins.
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/21/17 12:03 AM

Seen some my way. Fishing on lake Bob Sandlin I have seen some around.
Posted By: chrswr

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/21/17 01:40 AM

Had one get me busted on the last day of turkey season.....I think it scared me more than I scared it ....but it sure as hell scared the [censored] of of that damn gobbler.... Never saw it, came around that tree and it bolted damn near between my legs
Posted By: don k

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/21/17 12:00 PM

No
Posted By: papa45

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/21/17 03:19 PM

Got one on camera about two weeks ago in Eastland County. My friend had one in his backyard yesterday in Parker County.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/22/17 04:41 AM

Just had a doe with fawn show up on one of my cameras on Ft hood
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/22/17 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: KG68
Checking cattle last week and went to investigate several buzzards on the ground. Found a set of twins looked to have been dead when they were born. frown

Black headed buzzards or Turkey vultures? The black headed ones will kill for themselves, I've seen them riding on the backs of young goats and sheep trying to peck their eyes out.
Posted By: Mike Mathena

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/22/17 11:26 AM

We came across a doe and newborn Saturday night in the main pasture while varmint hunting out in Houston Co.
Posted By: rattler03

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/22/17 11:32 PM

saw a few in Hays county, just west of San Marcos, this past weekend
Posted By: Whiptail

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/23/17 12:59 AM

Saw one last week in the neighborhood laying alone about a foot from the road.
Posted By: BigCohiba

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/23/17 01:48 AM

They are dropping in NE Harris county. We have seen several.
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/23/17 01:59 AM

Seen one in Hamilton county a few days ago and one up by PK Lake yesterday..
Posted By: jbmc

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/23/17 02:48 PM

First one seen at my place this year in Cass County. Taken May 12th.
Posted By: D6Ranch

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/24/17 11:11 PM

Seen quite a few between Marble Falls to San Saba and up to Deleon this weekend. Also seen some doe that were ready to drop. Grass is tall everywhere, good rains this spring and even now; should see good numbers the next couple of years.

Glad we are starting to recover from that drought.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/26/17 11:04 AM

Saw the 1st little bitty guy late yesterday afternoon about 5'ish, running behind his mama thru the hyper groomed estate's front yard behind me along our shared fence line. Last year was our first down here and saw several resident family groups, but never got any play on the deer block I put out on my side of the fence, probably because of my Brittany's in & out presence during daylight hours.

Talked to the landowner back there recently and he agreed that a tree hung feeder would help draw them and not a problem for him if I was over the fence line with it.

Also seeing and hearing lots more coyote activity, with a fresh dead one yesterday just inside the Loop at mid day that looked like a big male.
Ron
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/26/17 11:15 AM

I saw one the Saturday before Mother's Day on the side of I45
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/26/17 11:20 AM

Saw my first yesterday as I drove in my drive. Couldn't have been more than 24 hours old. Pavement freaked the little guy out and he wouldn't follow mama across it. He went back under a cedar and she came back. I
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/27/17 03:45 AM

Saw one taking a nap on the shoulder of 20 on my way to the lease in Eastland tonight. I've seen lots of road kill in my life, but I felt bad seeing that one.
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/27/17 10:28 AM

Popped up out of that thick grass while I was fishing.
Posted By: Western

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/27/17 01:47 PM

Seen tracks at the little pond, but no visual.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/27/17 10:49 PM

Saw a brand new one this morning just north of New Braunfels. Was still a bit unsteady on its feet, so probably born early this morning. Saw a few does that were still preggers as well.
Posted By: spg

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/27/17 11:36 PM

Usually early/mid June in my area
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/30/17 11:21 AM

Saw the 1st one in San Saba Weds.
Posted By: Aggieman_2006

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/30/17 12:58 PM

I have a couple on the ground in Northern Montague Co. Still several pregnant does as well.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/30/17 02:50 PM

Not yet, but my does are busting at the seam. Any day now I think. Eastland County
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: Any fawns yet? - 05/31/17 12:20 AM

One guy in Van Zandt county said he had a doe and two fawns in his hog trap. He said the doe and one fawn were dead. He hadn't checked the trap for two days. A guy like that deserves a good horse whipping !
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum