Texas Hunting Forum

Any Anderson county reports?

Posted By: mike1780

Any Anderson county reports? - 12/16/16 12:03 AM

Slow slow slow
Posted By: cos

Re: Any Anderson county reports? - 12/16/16 01:51 AM

Best year for bucks i'v seen but acorns are slowing movement. I am starting to see young bucks grouping back already. Neighbor took a 150 last week. I have 12 acres of lush covercrop and usually have at least 20 head in it every time im in stand.

Re: Any Anderson county reports? - 12/16/16 02:04 AM

I'm right off the neches river and it's been the slowest by far.
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: Any Anderson county reports? - 12/16/16 09:05 PM

Very slow in blackfoot too
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Any Anderson county reports? - 12/17/16 04:22 PM

I live and hunt in Northern Smith County and the job I'm currently working on is a cattle ranch south of Bullard. At my place, the deer are moving around at night. We are only seeing them when it's too dark to shoot, or even know for sure if they are a buck or a doe. Two days ago we had one at my place that was snorting behind some trees that never showed himself. Do does snort?

At the ranch, my clients told me that they had a nice 8 point chasing a doe around their pasture on Wednesday. She would run up towards the fence, he would ran past her, jump the fence, look back and then jump it again to chase after her. This lasted until it was too dark to see. They also saw at least a dozen does all together just off the road at 7:30 am the day before, but no bucks.

I'm not bothering with today. Temps are too warm and the wind is crazy, but I'm going to dump a couple of piles of corn at different spots around my blind this afternoon and we plan on spending most of the day in the blind tomorrow. Our camera is showing a decent 8 point and a massive 9 point. My neighbor doesn't hunt his 240 acres, but says he has several nice ten points running around during the day. Who knows if they will come visit or not?

Re: Any Anderson county reports? - 12/17/16 04:53 PM

For the most part all of our feeders have standing corn every weekend we have went. Some if shot does earlier in the season but the bucks have been scarce.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum