Texas Hunting Forum

deer movement coke county

Posted By: piney woods hunter

deer movement coke county - 11/18/16 03:26 AM

whats the deer movement like in coke county, around blackwell and bronte. are bucks rutting and comeing to rattles, i will be there next wedesday,thru weekend anybody in the area got any reports
Posted By: JCB

Re: deer movement coke county - 11/18/16 12:05 PM

I spent the whole first week of rifle season near Blackwell. Rut was really slowing down! Saw very little chasing compared to the last part of October which was on fire! Saw a couple of small fights but nothing major. By the end of the first week of rifle season the bucks were paying little attention to the Does and more interested in corn again.
Posted By: piney woods hunter

Re: deer movement coke county - 11/18/16 11:48 PM

I WAS THERE OPENING WEEKEND TO TIL MONDAY SAME AS YOU. ON OUR PLACE THEY WERE NOT COMEING TO CORN OR RATTLE, MAYBE NEXT WEEK THEY WILL BE DOING ONE OR BOTH, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DO NEXT TRIP JCB
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: deer movement coke county - 11/19/16 12:08 AM

Just got back from Blackwell. Rattled in a few young bucks. A few were harassing does but not full chasing. I've seen them pre rut late oct like jcb but this coming week is when they kick it into high gear on our place. They were hitting the hand corn/chum lines better than feeders. It's really green out there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum