Texas Hunting Forum

Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it.

Posted By: shooterwalter

Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/03/16 01:40 PM

Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it.

First time I have experienced the use of peanut butter.

One of my deer hunters asked if he could put out some peanut butter and I said sure. He screws the lid, NOTE the big jars, to a tree and cuts off the bottom of the jar and the deer eat the peanut butter. It must have some long range appeal also with the smell.

Just wondering
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/03/16 01:55 PM

I used peanut butter on a youth hunt for one of my sons. A coyote came in and ate every last bit. Coyotes were off limits on that hunt so all we could do was watch.
Posted By: Age N Score ?

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/03/16 01:57 PM

cool2 Worth a try.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/03/16 02:00 PM

Its like crack to squirrels.....
Posted By: Zach S

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/03/16 02:07 PM

I've seen deer that love it and I've seen deer completely ignore it.

The coons will do some damage on it though!
Posted By: PMK

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/03/16 02:35 PM

best thing to use to bait a live trap for armadillos ... never tried it on deer
Posted By: don k

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/03/16 03:28 PM

Chunky or smooth?
Posted By: Pitman

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/04/16 04:22 AM

I tried this years ago. Same deal, nailed lid to tree etc. All it attracted were massive numbers of fire ants. Deer walked right by it.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/04/16 04:12 PM

Mix smooth PB with molasses. Put in a 2 gallon pail and drill some holes in the bottom.
Hang from a tree. Deer love it.
Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/05/16 09:38 PM

I have tried it before. Did not see any results other than ants. It will run out of the jar when it get warm
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/05/16 10:47 PM

Coons love it more.
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/06/16 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Coons love it more.

That applies to about anything you put out for deer.
Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/06/16 02:03 AM

ITS CALLED BUCKDRAW OR NUTNMORE , Have killed monsters on them.
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/11/16 05:08 PM

ttt
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/11/16 05:36 PM

I tried it before. Choosey deer did not choose Jif. Coons loved it.
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Peanut Butter to attract deer ????? Anyone use peanut butter?? The deer seem to love it. - 11/11/16 05:59 PM

Ours would only touch it if it had grape jelly to go with it! bolt
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum