Texas Hunting Forum

Big and J 2?

Posted By: buckedup

Big and J 2? - 10/27/16 04:51 PM

Anybody know anything about these products? Got a food plot of forage oats with a corn feeder steadily bringing in deer but looking for something to pull out the big boys
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Big and J 2? - 10/27/16 05:04 PM

If you have big boys, they'll show themselves or they won't. Pouring expensive sweet tasting food stuffs on the ground won't be your magic elixir. You got corn, you got oats, now put in the time.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Big and J 2? - 10/27/16 05:05 PM

Make the does happy and keep them around, the bucks will follow. If theres a big boy around he will come to show hes the dominate buck
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Big and J 2? - 10/27/16 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: tShawnB
If you have big boys, they'll show themselves or they won't. Pouring expensive sweet tasting food stuffs on the ground won't be your magic elixir. You got corn, you got oats, now put in the time.

Spot On
Posted By: spg

Re: Big and J 2? - 10/27/16 07:28 PM

Corn is probably the best attractant you can buy all the other stuff may work as well but its purpose is to attract you more than the deer. Marketing + Impulse
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Big and J 2? - 10/27/16 07:51 PM

I have a friend that says they tear up the block form of this and a couple others that really like the pellet form.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Big and J 2? - 10/27/16 08:12 PM

I put out the block about 4 weeks back and seems the bigger deer are going to it vs corn. I run 3 corn feeders and a protein feeder. Corn is piling up with the acorns falling but I'm getting plenty of pics around the block.. just me personal experience
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Big and J 2? - 10/27/16 09:14 PM

We cannot bait here in VA during the hunting season but we can prior to Sept. I tried it on my camera plots and it did not impress me. I had much better results with Trophy Rock (mineral Rock) and as always, corn is king.
Posted By: Age N Score ?

Re: Big and J 2? - 10/28/16 12:01 PM

popcorn
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum