Texas Hunting Forum

WHAT MAKES A DEER HUNTER REALLY SAD ?

Posted By: Ketchn

WHAT MAKES A DEER HUNTER REALLY SAD ? - 01/10/15 03:08 PM

a beautiful fat button buck hung in the fence dead frown
i never like to see any deer or any other critters (cept maybe a coyote) hung up and dead
but i am particularly saddened by the little buck fawns dead in a fence ....
Posted By: TxBuck

Re: WHAT MAKES A DEER HUNTER REALLY SAD ? - 01/10/15 03:46 PM

Yep hate to see that happen. Lots of other things that make a hunter sad losing your lease when you have put so much time and effort in to it, especially when its at the point where you start seeing big mature bucks and other wildlife...
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: WHAT MAKES A DEER HUNTER REALLY SAD ? - 01/10/15 03:51 PM

While that makes me sad....what you do not know was what he would turn into. This on the other hand makes you really sad...bang Pictures and broken tines do not do these 2 bucks justice. One was 180's and the other 190's on score.

Posted By: txshntr

Re: WHAT MAKES A DEER HUNTER REALLY SAD ? - 01/10/15 03:53 PM

While that is sad STX....that is an awesome find up
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: WHAT MAKES A DEER HUNTER REALLY SAD ? - 01/10/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
While that is sad STX....that is an awesome find up

Found 2 more locked up and both dead about 5-6 days after they died when the buzzards flew. They were a 3 yr old upper 160's and 4 yr old upper 170's. That one was really tough since if I had gone down that road sooner or right after they were locked up I might could have save one or both. It was the first week of March to boot. bang
Posted By: Navasot

Re: WHAT MAKES A DEER HUNTER REALLY SAD ? - 01/10/15 04:16 PM

Darwin
Posted By: jshouse

Re: WHAT MAKES A DEER HUNTER REALLY SAD ? - 01/10/15 04:28 PM

no good
Posted By: batman

Re: WHAT MAKES A DEER HUNTER REALLY SAD ? - 01/10/15 05:57 PM

Turning deer into domesticated livestock.
Posted By: 10 point

Re: WHAT MAKES A DEER HUNTER REALLY SAD ? - 01/11/15 02:30 AM

One of the saddest things I ever witnessed was a young doe that had been gut shot with an arrow die slowly for over three hours on a camera at a water treatment plant intake where she came out of the water from swimming across the lake. Could not put here out of her misery as fire arms aren't allowed in a water treatment plant.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: WHAT MAKES A DEER HUNTER REALLY SAD ? - 01/11/15 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: 10 point

One of the saddest things I ever witnessed was a young doe that had been gut shot with an arrow die slowly for over three hours on a camera at a water treatment plant intake where she came out of the water from swimming across the lake. Could not put here out of her misery as fire arms aren't allowed in a water treatment plant.

bang
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: WHAT MAKES A DEER HUNTER REALLY SAD ? - 01/11/15 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: 10 point

saw something similar right by the Ampi theater in Glenrose one time years ago
seems some locals were poaching the private property beside it and arrowed a large doe
she was standing beside hwy 67 with a gaping hole in her shoulder and the arrow hanging on by the fletching
it was obvious she was shot from an elevated situation and the arrow didn't penetrate the shoulder blade
she was panting hard and trying to cross the hwy ....
pretty sad as well
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum