Texas Hunting Forum

Any recent Llano reports????

Posted By: pmnitro

Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/22/14 02:05 AM

Weather permitting, I'm traveling to the lease tomorrow, located 12 miles SW of Llano. On a clear day, I see the top of Enchanted rock. Thinking the rut should be in full swing. Any encouraging reports for this area? Thanks in advance...
Posted By: rockinrdranch

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/22/14 02:12 AM

Im heading to Castell for a hunt starting Dec 1st.. Im also looking forward to any info.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/22/14 02:14 AM

I have seen a pic of a mid 160's LF Llano County buck killed just recently. That deer was killed 4 miles from where they had summer pics of him. So that tells me the bucks are moving around. Seen a few other TC pics and the bucks looked to have had a good year.
Posted By: rytheguy84

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/22/14 02:15 AM

I hunt burnet county and been at it for 2 weeks straight now and looks like deer are starting to hit the feeders but only in the evenings here and not to sure about the rut, still have tc pics of young bucks eatting together at the feeder at night but there glands are dark!

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/22/14 02:45 AM

We have a few scattered live oak trees. The acorns have run their corse and deer are on the feeders good. I hunted November 8th wknd and young bucks were chasing fairly good but the two year olds didn't care. The better bucks were no-show. Rut should move the better horns...
Posted By: Triplesnake

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/22/14 04:08 AM

Our lease is just a few miles north of Enchanted Rock. Bucks were really chasing last weekend. Not many acorns on the ground and deer and turkeys were coming to the corn. I was also able to rattle up a couple of bucks last weekend. Good luck. We'll be out there late tomorrow and will hunt through the week, or until we have as much meat as we can carry home.
Posted By: Csddarden

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/22/14 04:26 AM

I hunt north west of Llano and have been every weekend so far. I've seen a few bucks chasing, but no mature deer as of yet.

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/22/14 09:15 AM

Glad to hear the acorns are dwindling.

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/22/14 11:45 AM

We have very little water unless a few pools catch some falling moisture.
The hog population is rapidly growing, five years ago they were almost
Non existent. I would have thought they would hang closer to water.
Anyone else hunting close seeing lots of piggies?
Posted By: Jon P

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/22/14 06:27 PM

I am heading out tomorrow to hunt llano for a few days. Went out two weekends ago and saw some nice mature deer around but it was normally during the late morning. Only saw young bucks, hogs and a few turkey around the feeders but surprisingly no doe. This week should be much better with the acorns almost gone.

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/23/14 04:38 AM

Looks like the hill country got some rain today.

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/23/14 11:25 AM

At camp drinking coffee now. Be in the woods shortly. Not a cloud in the sky.
Pasture is plenty wet. Will update after first light.

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/23/14 01:36 PM

Rut not wide open. It would help if I shot half of the doe. Only seeing young bucks right now.
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/26/14 11:10 AM

I work nights in Llano county and watched 2 nice bucks fighting this morning about 3:30. They fought for about 5 min until the dominant buck came in and put a stop to the crap. The rain seems to have soured the acorns on the ground, not many left in the trees. The bucks have been working the does over pretty hard for the past week or so. Seeing some really bucks on 71 between Llano and 281, especially in the Horseshoe Bay area.

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/26/14 11:46 AM

Ill be the Monday ,Dec 1st, rut will probably be on the tail end by then.. Just my luck.
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/29/14 10:36 AM

Watched a big 9 mount a doe tonight right beside his buddy who I drug out of the road after getting hit chasing the same doe. Saw lots of bucks tonight and all chasing does.

Re: Any recent Llano reports???? - 11/29/14 11:27 AM

I see a cool front is scheduled to push through Monday. Hopefully, the bucks will be up and moving.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum