Texas Hunting Forum

Which one?

Posted By: browning_3248

Which one? - 10/24/14 09:26 PM

I've been following these two bucks for a while now. Just wondering what you guys think the age of these guys are and if yall would pull the trigger? These are from the back of my place and I have a lease already so it would be nice to fill a tag with one of these guys. The 11 has a small kicker on his left g2, and the 8 barely has a g3 on his main frame.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Which one? - 10/24/14 09:37 PM

I would shoot the buck in the front in the bottom pic. He is the oldest of the group. The rest could use another year if you are wanting to kill older bucks.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Which one? - 10/25/14 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I would shoot the buck in the front in the bottom pic. He is the oldest of the group. The rest could use another year if you are wanting to kill older bucks.

x2
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Which one? - 10/26/14 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Seadog

x2

X3
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Which one? - 10/26/14 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
Originally Posted By: Seadog

x2

X3

X4
Posted By: RoadBlock

Re: Which one? - 10/26/14 03:07 AM

X5

X6 (wife chimed in) lol
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Which one? - 10/26/14 04:15 AM

I wouldn't shoot either....it is not legal to shoot at night.
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: Which one? - 10/26/14 05:00 AM

That 7 should be better by now. He'd also be a cull on my place.

Re: Which one? UPDATE: - 11/11/14 05:00 AM

So I checked the game cam the other night after the recent rains and the feeder was absolutely tore up with tracks. After checking the pics I was reassured the rut was on and decided to sit over it that evening and see what comes out. Walking out to the back I saw a good sized deer in the adjacent field. After putting the scope on him I saw it was a buck but couldnt make out the horn size. I sat up against an old oak tree overlooking the feeder and about an hour later that 11 point ive been after crossed the fence with a doe. Waited for a broadside shot and dropped him in his tracks. I was a little bummed out when I got up to him because he had broken off his g4(within the past 48 hours) but nevertheless he was a trophy for a backyard buck! He was an extremely big bodied deer, didnt get a weight on him because i processed him myself but ear to ear was 15 inches and had right at a 17 inch spread.

Posted By: txshntr

Re: Which one? UPDATE: - 11/11/14 05:05 AM

Congrats!!! Good looking buck up
Posted By: 1chevypickup

Re: Which one? UPDATE: - 11/11/14 06:44 AM

If you plan to mount him certain taxidermist can fix the broke off part.

Re: Which one? UPDATE: - 11/11/14 06:01 PM

yessir, gonna do a euro!
Posted By: Western

Re: Which one? - 11/11/14 06:25 PM

That buck, will make a fine Euro mount up Congrats
Posted By: staywarmguy

Re: Which one? - 11/11/14 07:33 PM

Terrific buck! The broken G4 gives it character, especially with the story behind it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum