Texas Hunting Forum

Wildgame Innovations

Posted By: Jacob645

Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 04:16 PM

I know I should have known better, but I replaced a broken timer with a WGI timer in my feeder about a week ago. Been noticing there's no corn under the feeder in the mornings. Yesterday we didn't get there in time to watch it feed, but today we sat and waited for it to feed at 7am and nothing happened. Went and checked. Had everything programmed correctly. Changed the feed time for about 10 minutes later and it fed fine.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 04:21 PM

Go All Season and don't look back....WGI=HOS
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 04:24 PM

Think that's bad use one of there cameras ...

Posted By: Western

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 04:44 PM

I agree with Rab, anything is better than WGI, IMO.

I use the "Sunsinger", one I have now is around 7-8 years old and running strong. I know a couple that are running still since 2003 with few issues. Many (any) other brands out there that seem more reliable the the WGI products.
Posted By: JD4030

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Jacob645
I know I should have known better, but I replaced a broken timer with a WGI timer in my feeder about a week ago. Been noticing there's no corn under the feeder in the mornings. Yesterday we didn't get there in time to watch it feed, but today we sat and waited for it to feed at 7am and nothing happened. Went and checked. Had everything programmed correctly. Changed the feed time for about 10 minutes later and it fed fine.

I made the same mistake. I replaced an entire unit with a WGI on a feeder I bought, and it didn't last a month. Same issue; won't feed consistently on time, drains batteries, etc. I will make them continue replacing it until they decide to give me a refund.
Posted By: JMalin

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 06:38 PM

Ours does seem to drain batteries quicker than other timers, but I can't say it's strictly due to the timer or if the motor at that particular feeder just draws more power. Have two of their trail cameras that I got as gifts that have been running for 18 months now with no issues. Guess I got lucky.
Posted By: LovinLakeLife

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 07:22 PM

Junk, that's all I have to say
Posted By: GLC

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 07:54 PM

I have got 5 digital timers of theirs. Running fine for 5 years now. Had to replace a couple of motors though.
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 08:01 PM

X2 on the Sunslinger.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 08:30 PM

X2 on WI sucks
Posted By: RUM Mann

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 11:17 PM

Worst gear out there
Posted By: Bbcat78

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 11:23 PM

Triple c
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/28/14 11:36 PM

Hate to say it but it's junk. Long term you get what you pay for.
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 12:53 AM

I don't know, I've got a couple of their digital timers and have replave one motor in the last 7-8 years. Most times it didn't feed was operator error. Maybe I'm just lucky with WGI and Stoeger shotguns
Originally Posted By: Western
I agree with Rab, anything is better than WGI, IMO.

I use the "Sunsinger", one I have now is around 7-8 years old and running strong. I know a couple that are running still since 2003 with few issues. Many (any) other brands out there that seem more reliable the the WGI products.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 12:57 AM

I bought a WGI to use as a back up unit. It didn't even work out as a back up. Would drain a 12volt battery in a matter of a few weeks. Bought a solar panel for it and it didn't do much better. Now it just sits on the sidelines.
Posted By: Fltmedic

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 01:53 AM

I have to agree, I have bought 3 or 4 in the last 3 years. Every time I bought one, I looked at All Seasons feeders and thought that's a lot of money. Well I could have bought two at this point . After this current one takes a dump I'm gonna buy All Season feeder.bang
Posted By: Deerdown99

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 02:39 AM

Well I don't know why we have 13 feeders and all have black wild games spiners and timers with solar panels and they go off on time and last cpl years. When they stop we replace motors and brand new. Maybe people just don't know what there doing. We use 6 volt spiners

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 02:45 AM

And u shouldn't ever run a feeder without a solar panel or yeah the batery will be dead.
Posted By: MuddyWater

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Deerdown99
And u shouldn't ever run a feeder without a solar panel or yeah the batery will be dead.

So what did people do before solar panels? I was around back then and yes you had to recharge the battery once a year but that took all of one night. WGI is a sorry product but I am glad that you have had one of the very rare positive experiences.
Posted By: doogie

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 03:14 AM

After dealing with some WI timers not working one year and it really messing the few hunt I did, I went with " the timer". All seasons , 12 volt battery, all seasons motor and eliminator plat on all of my spin feeders. Best decision I have made when it comes to feeders mechanics.
Posted By: erok11

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 03:18 AM

Never used their timers but I had one of the game cameras that lasted all of 1 year.
Posted By: RChipman11

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 03:59 AM

They don't build em like they used to...have 2 feeders (not sure of brand anymore) never replaced anything but the battery (once a year) for 15 years...Do have a newer Moultrie that has been great though
Posted By: JCB

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Deerdown99

Not true at all!

I have run HCR's and some custom 12 volts with "The Timer" for over a decade now. I run them for almost 5 months out of the year without solar panels and have NEVER had one drain a battery.
Posted By: Bubba270

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 11:48 AM

Monarch timers are the ones we use when we had a lease. They are out of a shop in Arlington on rosedale just east of 820. Tough and never ever had any problems. I used the same timer for 10 years and the feeder had been thrown down 3 times by super high winds and still kept on tickin.
Posted By: Hunter'sdad

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 12:44 PM

Guess 8 have been lucky with my 8 wild game feeders and 4 cameras have not had a single issue out of them. I did have to replace 2 thrower motors but they had been knocked over from pigs and ended up in a creek by the time 8 found them. I will continue to buy them until they let me down.
Posted By: Drop 1

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 01:45 PM

CCC out of Burleson is the way to go. I have several and dad has several as well!!! They are bullet proof. He has one still running strong and it is about 15 years old or so. A GREAT PRODUCT and worth the money
Posted By: el Compadre

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 02:38 PM

I second that..
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Go All Season and don't look back....WGI=HOS
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 04:29 PM

Just picked up a 6v battery in August that is dead. FWGIS

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 06:05 PM

Thats all we use they always trow corn on time now the motors go bad sometimes but eazy fix now there game cameras are junk for sure

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 06:07 PM

Well we have 3 low boy feeders from academy and they work fine two. Made by wildgame I think
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Wildgame Innovations - 09/29/14 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Think that's bad use one of there cameras ...

This says it best about WGI products. Yes those of you that have had good experience have been lucky. You will most likely end up spending the same money or more than what you could buy a "the timer" for from the beginning.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum