Texas Hunting Forum

2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season

Posted By: Hog Slayer

2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/09/14 12:49 AM

I looked on TPWD web page and it does not list the 2014-2015 deer season dates to my surprise. Did multiple searches on TPWD & Google, still nothing. TPWD shows 2013-2014 dates which is surprising since that season has expired for about 4 months. Trying to call in my vacation, want to make sure I get it right. It should be opening day 11-1-14 and end 1-4-15, but I like to see it in official print before I pull the trigger on vacation request.

Anybody know a better way to search TPWD for this. I'm sure it's on there some where. Thanks.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/09/14 01:03 AM

Their seasons start and end with you hunting license. So don't expect to see much print or text about the new season dates till summer.
Posted By: Trash Fish and Cull Bucks

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/09/14 01:49 AM

By proclamation, deer season always starts the 1st Saturday in November and closes the 1st Sunday in January (south Texas runs 2 weeks longer).
Posted By: therancher

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/09/14 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Trash Fish and Cull Bucks
By proclamation, deer season always starts the 1st Saturday in November and closes the 1st Sunday in January (south Texas runs 2 weeks longer).

Actually deer season opens a month earlier and ends at the end of February. Please try to stick with facts.. You might confuse folks who don't know the facts.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/09/14 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: therancher

Actually deer season opens a month earlier and ends at the end of February. Please try to stick with facts.. You might confuse folks who don't know the facts.

Rancher, think he was pretty much quoting general rifle season not bow or any MLD stuff...
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/09/14 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: DQ Kid

Rancher, think he was pretty much quoting general rifle season not bow or any MLD stuff...
Yep!!!
For the general public, gun season has always been the first Sat in Nov and the first Sun in Jan. I would go ahead and schedule the vacation!!!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/09/14 02:34 PM

Youth gun season usually starts the saturday before the first Saturday in November.
Posted By: Hog Slayer

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/09/14 11:51 PM

Done deal. Got is scheduled. Thanks.
Posted By: PMK

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/12/14 09:08 PM

I've had my vacation on the calendar since mid January lizard ...

Central Texas, when I was a kid growing up in the 60s, the rule was the first Saturday in November following November 16 thru January 1 (there wasn't a youth weekend nor archery back then)... by the 90s that changed to General Rifle season starts the first Saturday in November to the Sunday following January 1 ... South extends the end 2 weeks.
Posted By: don k

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/12/14 10:36 PM

I think for some around here the season runs 12 months out of the year.
Posted By: BigMarsh72

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/12/14 10:53 PM

Ha !!! Here in East Texas they hunt year round except March and April......they bass fish those months lol
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/13/14 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: don k

The season for BS is for sure year 'round
Posted By: aeb

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/13/14 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: don k

Does so on my neighbor's place.
Posted By: bp3

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/17/14 05:14 PM

When I was a pup in early fifties It all ways opened on November 16th and if it fell during the week I missed opening day because of school and was not a happy camper.
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/17/14 08:48 PM

Well this thread sure has potential....anyone else care to chime in! rock_on
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/19/14 01:03 AM

Deer season in S Texas opens in October and ends in February? I guess this site is good for something

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/19/14 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: hoof n wings
Deer season in S Texas opens in October and ends in February? I guess this site is good for something

MLD and bow season starts in Oct
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/19/14 02:30 AM

And what's the percentage of bow hunters that bow hunt just so they can be out there first? popcorn

Or, as one of my neighbors told me, "Hunting with a rifle just quit being a challenge." The fact that he lives on 3 acres and has been known to poach on all of our surrounding places I'm sure has nothing to do with it.

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/19/14 09:28 PM

I understand this, but a blanket statement like that without explanation might get someone new or someone who's asking about season dates, because they truly don't know, in trouble
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Posted By: rifleman

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/20/14 12:13 AM

Started in Sept in '12.....stir
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/20/14 02:10 AM

I understand this, but a blanket statement like that without explanation might get someone new or someone who's asking about season dates, because they truly don't know, in trouble
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

That was kind of the point of the first quote. ...it varies read the tpwd booklet..

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/20/14 03:35 AM

[I looked on TPWD web page and it does not list the 2014-2015 deer season dates to my surprise. Did multiple searches on TPWD & Google, still nothing. TPWD shows 2013-2014 dates which is surprising since that season has expired for about 4 months.]
Posted By: PMK

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/21/14 07:44 PM

TPWD usually update around the same time frame as the new license become available, which is around early-mid August as we are still in the 2013-2014 seasonal year. The current year's license is valid thru August 31 and the new license goes into effect September 1.

as stated, the newer rule is general rifle season (not south zone) begins on the first Saturday in November.

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/21/14 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
Originally Posted By: DQ Kid

Yep!!!
For the general public, gun season has always been the first Sat in Nov and the first Sun in Jan. I would go ahead and schedule the vacation!!!

So, are you saying the "general public" can't participate in bow and mld season??? Last year gun season opened legally on my ranches in Sept. And the public was invited.

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/21/14 09:35 PM

Yes, the General Public can participate during bow and MLD seasons.... provided they have a lease or friend ect where they can hunt. Send me an invite when your ranches open up in September

So, are you saying the "general public" can't participate in bow and mld season??? Last year gun season opened legally on my ranches in Sept. And the public was invited.

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/21/14 09:59 PM

I think you need to get your "facts" straight.
General Firearm season, for the most part of the general population, is ALWAYS the first Sat in Nov.
But I see that you like to thump your chest because you get to start YOUR season in Sept and hunt thru the end of Feb. So, don't try to confuse the "little people" here because you get to hunt early and stay late on your "RANCHES"!!!

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/21/14 11:56 PM

I think you need to get your "facts" straight.
General Firearm season, for the most part of the general population, is ALWAYS the first Sat in Nov.
But I see that you like to thump your chest because you get to start YOUR season in Sept and hunt thru the end of Feb. So, don't try to confuse the "little people" here because you get to hunt early and stay late on your "RANCHES"!!!

"Little people here"? There are people "here" that can pay cash for what I've got loans on. I'm just pointing out that deer season does in fact open the last weekend in Sept. or the first weekend in Oct. and ends the last day of feb. That is in fact what the original poster asked. He didn't specify that he was talking about "general firearm season". You made the assumption (possibly correct) that he was asking about GFS. But that's not what he asked.

The snide remark I made to "trash fish and cull bucks" was an inside jab for something he said on another thread.

But, just for the record... you're not invited to hunt on my ranches unless you get your hormones lined out... smile

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/22/14 12:00 AM

Yes, the General Public can participate during bow and MLD seasons.... provided they have a lease or friend ect where they can hunt. Send me an invite when your ranches open up in September

Oh you're invited. It won't be free... but you can come kill as many deer as you want to kill. wink

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/22/14 12:40 PM

But, just for the record... you're not invited to hunt on my ranches unless you get your hormones lined out... smile

That's ok bud!!
I only hunt fair chase!!! up

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/22/14 12:46 PM

He didn't specify that he was talking about "general firearm season". You made the assumption
Oh, for the record, maybe you need to go back and read the original post. He did say Nov thru Jan, just wanted the exact dates for this year!!!

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/22/14 08:47 PM

That's ok bud!!
I only hunt fair chase!!! up

That's GREAT!! I always love to hear about guys who don't hunt over bait and use only their hands and teeth to kill their prey. Used to do it myself till I got old.

You are now my official hero badazz!!!

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/22/14 08:50 PM

He didn't specify that he was talking about "general firearm season". You made the assumption
Oh, for the record, maybe you need to go back and read the original post. He did say Nov thru Jan, just wanted the exact dates for this year!!!

And for the record, I always think it's a good thing to let folks know that rifle season does in fact run for 5 full months. And no, he didn't specify general firearm season.

Re: 2014-2015 Deer Hunting Season - 05/22/14 11:07 PM

Sometimes the back button is your friend.
Today, he is my friend!!! troll
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum