Texas Hunting Forum

Best out of state hunt

Posted By: ExoticHunter

Best out of state hunt - 03/20/14 07:48 AM

Looking to go out of state this year on a deer hunt and am looking for suggestions on a good trophy hunt for me and my fiance. We have been deer hunting and Tuna Fishing in Texas every year for the last 5 years pretty heavy and are looking to try something different. I have hunted kentucky and Oklahoma in the past and had a good time but did not run into trophy quality animals. I am looking for a ranch with 150 plus quality for $3500 or less per person. looking on the internet search engines I have not come across anything spectacular yet. I am quite frankly burned out on the overpriced management deer that are advertised as trophy's on the Texas ranches that I have been to. Some suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted By: fvh40

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/20/14 09:37 AM

ExoticHunter

something different

Have you ever thought about Africa.
Posted By: dawaba

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/20/14 09:54 AM

Or Argentina?

Whitetails only? Then I'd look at Sask or Alberta. Prices are relatively high, deer are relatively few, trophies are relatively huge.
Posted By: upsslim

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/20/14 11:05 AM

Do you bow hunt? If you do, I'd look at southern Illinois. The deer there are monsters. 200 lb'ers are the norm.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/20/14 12:28 PM

Check out south eastern Colorado, they have some big white tails and mule deer that are overlooked.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/20/14 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Check out south eastern Colorado, they have some big white tails and mule deer that are overlooked.

Yelp same with western Kansas
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/20/14 03:08 PM

Hey, I would look at
1. Missouri(Eastern or Northern)...this will be the best bang for your buck
2. Illinois...Can be pricey in certain areas(Pike County)
3. Kansas(anywhere)
4. Montana

I have hunted 1, 2, and 3. Dont go anywhere expecting to kill a monster but if/when the opportunity presents itself...it will be worth it.

If you are serious about wt hunting in another state, you better make it happen pretty fast because if it is a draw state then application deadlines are coming up pretty quick.
Posted By: Triplesnake

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/20/14 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Don't listen to this guy there are no deer in KS. None at all. loco
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/20/14 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Fire1
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Don't listen to this guy there are no deer in KS. None at all. loco

I did forget to mention that part...I never saw anything in KS...Nope, nothing at all.
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/21/14 07:49 PM

Give us a shot, email us and we can send you all the pics refrences and info we have hunts in oklahoma, Illinios, Iowa and missouri and Texas HF amd LF for some great spring special pricing right now. Texaseliteoutfitters@gmail.com or PM on here.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/21/14 08:09 PM

A deer hunt in the Badlands of North Dakota.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/21/14 08:57 PM

http://www.straybulletranch.com/

$3500 for 150's class buck
Posted By: blanked

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/21/14 09:49 PM

If your going to make a change go another step and hunt something you never hunt. Idaho sheep hunt. Now that's something to feel successful about

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/24/14 07:11 PM

Thanks for the info. I have killed some nice 140 class deer. However the guides that I have been working with in the past have not been able to put me on a nice buck in the last 2 years. I am looking to break the 150 mark this year. Stray bullet ranch looks like a good deal. Are you affiliated with the ranch. I am not far from that area.
Posted By: Canadian Black Bears

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/26/14 05:06 PM

Ever consider a black bear hunt in Canada?

Check out my web site at www.blackbearoutfitters.ca or fire me off a PM.

Cheers and stay safe
Rob
Posted By: luvpigmeet

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/30/14 02:14 AM

Eastern Turkeys in PA. OOOH YAA!!!
Posted By: luvpigmeet

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/30/14 02:15 AM

U actually have to work for these birds. I hunt them with a Knight Black powder shotgun.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Best out of state hunt - 03/30/14 10:22 PM

Probably a Marco Polo sheep hunt. It's not cheap, but you did ask for the best.
Posted By: High Country 8

Re: Best out of state hunt - 04/19/14 02:59 PM

Look at USO Outfitters. They have some elk hunts in different states that might fit what you are looking for.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Best out of state hunt - 04/19/14 03:12 PM

Henry Mountain, Arizona Strip, or Antelope Island deer hunt.

Re: Best out of state hunt - 04/21/14 12:25 AM

I booked a hunt for a 200 class whitetail and a 140 class whitetail in Wisconsin at the end of September. I can't wait should be a blast. I am being told all deer should weigh close to 300 pounds. It will be way different that's for sure. Taking my first buck that scores over 200 will be awesome.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Best out of state hunt - 04/21/14 05:38 AM

Good luck!!! Sounds like a lot of fun!!!
Posted By: JPHunting

Re: Best out of state hunt - 04/26/14 12:14 PM

Deer hunting in Australia! get on it, I'll throw in a few kangaroo's!
Posted By: passthru

Re: Best out of state hunt - 04/26/14 02:43 PM

Ask serious questions if you go north. The last two years have been hard on the deer herd in many areas of norther Missouri and southern Iowa. The dry conditions made for good conditions for blue tongue to run rampant in the deer herd. We have lost probably 75% of our herd in Harrison county.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Best out of state hunt - 04/27/14 06:07 PM

We lost a lot of deer in North Central Missouri as well, but there is still a very good population. SE Kansas didn't see much disease and central was hit a little.

Any public deer hunt (whitetail or Mulie) up north (Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Nebraska, etc) would be worth your while. There is always a chance of scoring big on public, especially with a bow in early season and if you are willing to hike in a couple miles or more. I did a 7 mile hike yesterday from Wildcat Hills just south of Scottsbluff, NE through 2 Walk in hunting areas (two of us went and parked on truck at the end point) and saw Turkeys, whitetail, mulies and Elk. Early in the season it is warm enough to camp out (gets cool up here in the evening) for a 5 day hunt and spend last night in hotel to shower up good. Make sure to hunt the week days and you will have less competition. Use the weekends for travel time. 2 guys coming up from Texas could easily do a 5 day hunt for less than $1500 with tags, gas and one night hotel (if you bring most of your food and don't eat out and go to bars each night).
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum