Texas Hunting Forum

Tagged Out !!!

Posted By: CurtisCatfish

Tagged Out !!! - 11/18/08 06:26 PM

Anyone else tagged out allready ? I shot a doe opening day, the another the second saturday, evening, and a big old 10 point sunday morning past. So i'm all out of tags for deer that is.

Posted By: Crazyhorse

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/18/08 06:33 PM

Find some other county to go hunt in, you can still kill two more deer, bucks or does depending on what you want to shoot or how much you want to pay out.

Posted By: redchevy

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/18/08 06:34 PM

Lets see pics

matt

Posted By: UtopiaTexasHunter

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/18/08 06:35 PM

+1...I get to harvest 5

Posted By: CurtisCatfish

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/18/08 06:44 PM

Pic's up soon, got to get them developed.

Posted By: dieselboost

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/18/08 07:03 PM

I get to harvest 5 in my county...But I only kill shooters...No smoothies

Posted By: AdgerC15

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/18/08 07:05 PM

im a county hopper, ill tag out later

Posted By: B-swit

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/18/08 07:26 PM

nope my lease is on mld and i got my buck off a mld place so i still got plenty of tags to hunt my buddies place when they aint movin at the lease

Posted By: Curly

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/18/08 07:40 PM

I need a spike and a doe to finish filling my tags......trying to streatch the rest of my season out......LOL.

Posted By: M16

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/18/08 10:10 PM

I killed three bucks and a doe this past weekend and have permits for twenty six more. So I'm just getting started. I just love MLD.

Posted By: cody

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/18/08 10:28 PM

Quote:

I killed three bucks and a doe this past weekend and have permits for twenty six more. So I'm just getting started. I just love MLD.

What type of bucks? Just curious.

Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/18/08 11:02 PM

Took an aging eight-point this past weekend in Houston County. After checking his teeth, I and two other guys both estimated him to be at least six years old. And another guy said he looked closer to eight. Not too many East Texas bucks survive that long. And this one only fell because he couldn't resist the sounds of two lesser bucks fighting over a hot doe.

Still have my spike tag left, and the chance to take a doe over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Posted By: M16

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/19/08 12:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

A mainframe 8 with 3 kickers that scored 138. A six that scored 121. And an 8 that scored 119. All management bucks.

Posted By: cody

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/19/08 03:14 AM

A six that went 121! That's great, I love those big dinks. Just curious.

Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/19/08 05:46 AM

Not yet. Got one more doe and my buck to go. Probably will be done by Sunday Morning.

Posted By: Earl

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/19/08 05:52 AM

While not technically "tagged out" I don't think I'm going to take anymore. I took a large axis buck in September, then a hill country 8 pointer on opening morning and a nice 10 pointer on my lease in Young county the following weekend. I'll let my son take a buck from our Young county place then that will be it except for maybe a hog or two. Four bucks is more than enough - especially considering the size of the axis. He completely filled up a 150 quart ice chest and that was after he was butchered and packaged.

Earl

Posted By: gary75758

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 11/19/08 12:57 PM

U guys have more energy than I do, everytime I have been ready to shoot, I think "your going to have to clean it". If you count "could have" I would be tagged out.

Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 12/16/08 02:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A mainframe 8 with 3 kickers that scored 138. A six that scored 121. And an 8 that scored 119. All management bucks.

Dad gum M16, that is a big old 6 point! I haven't looked at the contests but that 6 pt might just win you a jacket or two! I love big old 6s, 7s, & 8s! Post a pic if you get a chance.

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 12/16/08 11:27 AM

Quote:

I love big old 6s, 7s, & 8s!

Then you'll love this buck. Biggest 7 I've ever seen.

Posted By: jim1961

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 12/16/08 02:50 PM

cery nice 7 hwyman!!

Posted By: rstewlandman

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 12/16/08 07:45 PM

Quote:

I get to harvest 5 in my county...But I only kill shooters...No smoothies

all the deer I shoot are shooters too......

Posted By: fourtrax

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 12/16/08 07:52 PM

I get to harvest 5.......But I only kill shooters... All smoothies.

Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 12/17/08 03:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I love big old 6s, 7s, & 8s!

Then you'll love this buck. Biggest 7 I've ever seen.

Holy Moly, that's a serious 7 point!

Posted By: buckmaster07

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 12/17/08 06:19 AM

Oh how I wish I could relate to ya'll...I haven't even downed a deer yet. I have been hunting HARD and between some bad luck and difficult hunting, I've got NOTHING.

Posted By: dw173

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 12/17/08 08:04 PM

Where did you find that monster??

Nice buck

Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Tagged Out !!! - 12/17/08 08:08 PM

WOW great seven point !! Hunt in Crockett county, 1 doe down and a couple more something's to go. My personal rule is I don't shoot any buck ( excluding cull bucks ) unless it's bigger than one I've already shot so I can get it mounted. Biggest so far is mid 120's so that shouldn't be too hard to beat but in 11 years I haven't been able to beat that yet.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum