Texas Hunting Forum

This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast.....

Posted By: ZombieGun

This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 02:55 AM

Anybody still going hunting this weekend despite the not so great forecast? Anybody ever had success in weather like what we are suppose to have? I don't mind the cold but it sounds like a bunch of rain and the winds might be high enough to keep the deer down. Thoughts?
Posted By: Birdog62

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 02:58 AM

I'm gonna be there. This evening was the first time I've seen any sign of the rut and I'm hoping this will spur them to move.
Posted By: TCB

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 02:58 AM

I'm going, it is what it is. This might be the last weekend I get to hunt so you make lemonade out of the lemons.
Posted By: WesTexHunter75

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 02:59 AM

I'm going. They'll have to eat to keep warm. I have had a lot of success in the past on those dark gloomy days. Were I hunt they're not forecasting a lot of rain so far.
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:16 AM

Can't stop me!
Posted By: Lotto

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:18 AM

Will be the best 10 days of the season........Better not miss it !
Posted By: Curly

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:18 AM

BRING THE COLD!!!!!!!
Posted By: conchovalleyhunter

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:20 AM

I'm all in this weekend. Gonna be great.
Posted By: BgBkHunter

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:24 AM

I'll be at my place for sure. I've always had great luck when it gets cold, wet and windy. Makes the deer need too feed to stay warm. Plus I can't kill 'em at the house, so I go no matter what what the weather is.
Posted By: lawdawg845

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:25 AM

Can't kill them sitting at home.
Posted By: Texsun

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:31 AM

Pushing me all the way to South Texas!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:33 AM

I am staying home, granddaughter has her ballet this weekend. I am so "lucky" they bought me 2 tickets one for Saturday evening and then the Sunday afternoon performance. rofl
Posted By: sww

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:34 AM

Shot my biggest buck in the rain.
Posted By: WesTex7

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:39 AM

Not so great forecast? This is the weekend I have been waiting for. Come on cold weather
Posted By: ZombieGun

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:41 AM

Love the cold, just not a fan of the wind or the cold/rain combo. Just seems like it always keeps the deer down for me.
Posted By: chalet

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: WesTex7
Not so great forecast? This is the weekend I have been waiting for. Come on cold weather

No chit, been waiting for this.
Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:59 AM

Perfect hunting weather!
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 04:06 AM

I plan on going out
Posted By: Hogman4127

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 04:13 AM

I will be out there. They will be moving.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 04:25 AM

I'm going and staying all next week. It's Prime Time up
Posted By: Bulldog4949

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 04:26 AM

Tomorrow in the panhandle is high of 70 at 12:00 and then 37* at 5:00. So this weekend and next week should be perfect.
Posted By: Troutfisch

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 04:34 AM

Heavy rain isn't my favorite but when it stops or slows to a light drizzle...can be a magical time to be in the deer woods!
Posted By: XBowHunter

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Curly
BRING THE COLD!!!!!!!

This^^^^
Posted By: Curly

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 04:40 AM

Deer hangin weather!
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 05:39 AM

I'm going. What else are you going to do in this weather? I think the cold should get them feeding/moving during the day, at least I hope so!
Posted By: ryorgensen

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By: sww
Shot my biggest buck in the rain.

Plus 1 ! Should be good if a light rain but no high winds. Bring on the cold weather!
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 06:04 AM

I'll be in the stand by 3 on Friday in Montague. Just loaded up a bunch of gallon zip locks with corn to spread around. Got plenty of propane and hand warmers. Temp of 32 by 5 pm! Wind blowing 17 which is normal. Rain/freezing rain by then should be very light if the forecast is right. I am more worried about my fajitas getting cold coming off the fire.
Posted By: Hogflyer

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 11:25 AM

Yep hopefully this cold will bring out some bucks or start some rutting near the Brenham/Lake Somerville area! got plenty of warm clothes to stay warm! If its too windy keeps deer spooky, and on their toes!

Making a big pot of venison stew for Saturday night! last 2 packages of steaks from last Jan kill.
And homemade biscuits.

hunt safe!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
I am staying home, granddaughter has her ballet this weekend. I am so "lucky" they bought me 2 tickets one for Saturday evening and then the Sunday afternoon performance. rofl

up

I agree! You are very lucky! I can't wait to have grandchildren and watch ballet, or whatever they do as many times as I can!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61

up

I agree! You are very lucky! I can't wait to have grandchildren and watch ballet, or whatever they do as many times as I can!
At least it's your Granddaughter performing. When my wife and I first started dating she asked if I'd like to see the Russian ballet at the Majestic theatre perform the "Nutcracker", it was more like the "ballbuster". Two hours of my life I'll never get back. I led her to believe I had culture...Didn't work, the Oak Cliff in me started oozing out over time.
Posted By: Livetohunt1515

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 01:29 PM

Can't wait it should be on. Bring on the cold
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 01:31 PM

Ballet...SMDH whats wrong w you Erath! I got plenty of Propane and clothes..Bring it

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 01:39 PM

Sniper, that was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. I've learned to put my foot down about certain things, like ballet, opera etc. Thanks for the invite. Got to do the family thing this Sunday in Dallas though.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 01:40 PM

I'm with most everyone else. Nothing can get them moving any better than cold, wet weather. In fact, it's good weather for all day hunting.
Posted By: PMK

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 01:55 PM

My wife already had about 4 days worth of "honey-do" jobs around the house getting ready for a herd (~30+) of her relatives coming in for Thanksgiving day ... I am really looking forward to cold, wind and rain ... banana ... as most of the "chores" were outside and I can't mow, shred, weedeat, etc. in those conditions clap ... thusly allowing more time to go hunting since I won't be able to perform those tasks due to the weather ... HA!

but yeah, I have taken some of really good deer under really nasty conditions like are forecast ...
Posted By: redchevy

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
I'm with most everyone else. Nothing can get them moving any better than cold, wet weather. In fact, it's good weather for all day hunting.

I agree... unfortunately I will be "enjoying" thanksgiving with my mom's side sunday frown
Posted By: TX35

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Curly
BRING THE COLD!!!!!!!

Amen Brother, amen!!
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

I agree... unfortunately I will be "enjoying" thanksgiving with my mom's side sunday frown

I feel your pain. I have thanksgiving with my mom on Tuesday, again with my dads side of the family on Thursday, and with the inlaws on Friday.

scratch one week of killing stuff off the list
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 02:08 PM

Planned to be sitting in the cold looking for my chance to pull the trigger but Dad had other plans to spend a few days in the hospital so may have to wait til next weekend. If we get a good report today Dad might get to go home Friday and I will be sitting in a deer stand Saturday morning
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: WesTex7

Me too this is the PERFECT weekend

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: My stand is pink camo
Planned to be sitting in the cold looking for my chance to pull the trigger but Dad had other plans to spend a few days in the hospital so may have to wait til next weekend. If we get a good report today Dad might get to go home Friday and I will be sitting in a deer stand Saturday morning
Pink, you're a sweetheart. Here's to your Dad getting better quick, and you gettin' in that stand. cheers
Posted By: J Tweezy3

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:22 PM

This weather gonna be krunk! Im stoked!
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: ZombieGun
Anybody still going hunting this weekend despite the not so great forecast? Anybody ever had success in weather like what we are suppose to have? I don't mind the cold but it sounds like a bunch of rain and the winds might be high enough to keep the deer down. Thoughts?

What??! i think the weather couldnt get much better IMO
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:38 PM

I would certainly be in the woods, bush, hills, river bottoms, creeks, ridge....somewhere this weekend. First time in a couple of years, maybe more, that the weather is going to be right for Thanksgiving week.
Posted By: CenTex

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:40 PM

This is the BEST weather of all to hunt! I am missing work tomorrow and leaving tonight so I DO NOT miss the weather.
Posted By: 007hunters son

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:42 PM

I'm definitely gonna try to go but its up to my pops because he has the truck.
Posted By: clharr

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:44 PM

I'm tired of hunting in a tshirt and still being hot. I just hope it doesn't rain too much, some sprinkles and light showers are fine. Everytime I've been hunting this year we get several inches of rain in a short amount of time.
Posted By: Las Colinas Hunter

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 03:45 PM

Cold, wintry mix = perfection. They'll be moving, maybe not on Friday but Sat through next week for sure.
Posted By: 817cd

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 04:19 PM

Nice
Posted By: Axis308

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 04:23 PM

It's gonna be great. Morning, mid-day, afternoon, shouldn't be a bad time!! With 30+ degree swing in about 36 hours, they deers teeth may be chattering too!
Posted By: Jeep Beast

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 05:07 PM

Great Weather!!!!! I'll be out there on Sat morning, hunting all day. Check out Quinlan forecast:

Sat weather by dewbman, on Flickr
Posted By: aeb

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 05:23 PM

The more I hear about the forecast, the more it is beginning to sound like too much of a good thing. Freezing drizzle is not on my want list.
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 05:25 PM

I'm going. What else are you going to do in this weather? I think the cold should get them feeding/moving during the day, at least I hope so!
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 05:57 PM

I picked up a few bottles of propane and bulk pack of hand warmers. Weather will be below freezing the whole time now starting tomorrow morning.

Back in '04 I got in blind at 6:30 am and it was just cloudy. By 8 am I had 3 inches of snow on the ground and temp lower 20's. They missed the forecast by about 5 inches and 10 degrees. I shot a yote in the snow and got on the road. Only took 6 hours instead of 2 to get home. That sucked.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 06:32 PM

Perfect weather for sitting in a box stand or covered blind and spend the entire day listening to the radio and football through ear buds.
Posted By: ddmm

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 06:53 PM

we're headed out Saturday for the week. Hope to be in the stand Sat. afternoon! Can finally shot a deer and leave it hanging for awhile. I'll be taking the bow and rifle.
Posted By: n-all

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/21/13 07:24 PM

Yes sir..all in rain r shine..calling for sleet n snow sat at our place..should be good..
Posted By: MogulRanch

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/22/13 03:40 AM

Looks like the cold front is coming in faster than forecast. might be colder and have more wintry precipitation than initially anticipated.
Posted By: DocJatTTU

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/22/13 03:51 AM

I am looking forward to it. It wont be the best weather but if the storm breaks and the wind calms down theyll be moving especially now that the hormones are in the air. Good hunting y'all.
Posted By: MogulRanch

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/22/13 04:48 AM

be careful out there people, lots of texas might get very icy this weekend starting tomorrow.

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/22/13 05:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman
I picked up a few bottles of propane and bulk pack of hand warmers. Weather will be below freezing the whole time now starting tomorrow morning.

Back in '04 I got in blind at 6:30 am and it was just cloudy. By 8 am I had 3 inches of snow on the ground and temp lower 20's. They missed the forecast by about 5 inches and 10 degrees. I shot a yote in the snow and got on the road. Only took 6 hours instead of 2 to get home. That sucked.

My timing is perfect...

Got hand Warmers in the mail today, got polypro pants, sock liners and head stocking in the mail today too...

It's raining, my tripod seat is soaked and cold.

Good thing I bought a propane tent heater and got this in place TODAY !!!!!

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/22/13 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeep Beast
Great Weather!!!!! I'll be out there on Sat morning, hunting all day. Check out Quinlan forecast:

Sat weather by dewbman, on Flickr

Me 2
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/22/13 05:51 AM

36 in Abilene and we just had a nice rain shower. This afternoon it was 78, a real nice fall day, the last until next Wednesday.
Posted By: Jon P

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/22/13 12:50 PM

Already sitting in the stand
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/22/13 02:05 PM

This is the weather we've been waiting for. I'm tired of sitting out there in a T shirt and swatting mesquitoes.
If you stay home because of this weeks weather, then you ain't a deer hunter.
Saw the first signs so far of the rut starting, so you can't keep me out of the blind this week.
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: This coming weekend's lovely weather forecast..... - 11/22/13 02:32 PM

As soon as this rain either quits or turns to snow, my butt will be in stand the rest of the day, all weekend and most of next week. Good luck fellas!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum