Texas Hunting Forum

Muley Hunt 2013

Posted By: texaspride

Muley Hunt 2013 - 11/03/13 09:18 PM

So just got back from a 2 week mule deer hunt up around Lubbock. Unfortunatly I didnt manage to connect on any deer myself but my hunting partner got a nice 4x4. Nothing huge, but it will fill the freezer, or at least some of it. It was a great trip all in all, except for the fact I missed an easy shot on the biggest deer I would have ever shot. Mind you I have only been hunting 2 years so its probably nothing to you guys but to me it would have been my biggest to date. I did manage to take some photos of this buck before I took a crack at it, just cant figure how to upload a photo. So anyways I was still hunting in a ground blind and in came this huge muley buck. I got super excited and kind of rushed things. I was shaking so hard I clean missed a perfect broadside shot at 100yds or so. Man I am dissapointed in myself. Have any other people missed a shot like that?? I cant stop replaying the moment in my head. If someone could tell me how to post a photo I can show you how nice this buck was..
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Muley Hunt 2013 - 11/03/13 09:31 PM

Triplicate accounts now? popcorn Rifle hunting now? Mule Deer season does not start for a couple of more weeks.
Posted By: TxFisher

Re: Muley Hunt 2013 - 11/03/13 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Triplicate accounts now? popcorn Rifle hunting now? Mule Deer season does not start for a couple of more weeks.

I was kinda wondering the same thing??? Maybe it was on MLD land? I don't really know the law for mule deer rifle hunting in October in Texas.

Re: Muley Hunt 2013 - 11/03/13 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: TxFisher

I was kinda wondering the same thing??? Maybe it was on MLD land? I don't really know the law for mule deer rifle hunting in October in Texas.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications...n_mule_deer.pdf
Posted By: TxFisher

Re: Muley Hunt 2013 - 11/03/13 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: TxFisher

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications...n_mule_deer.pdf

Yikes, he might have some exaining to do to a GW.

Re: Muley Hunt 2013 - 11/03/13 10:31 PM

The ones that are on here are paying very close attention about now.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Muley Hunt 2013 - 11/03/13 10:38 PM

Ummm.... did I say 2013....I ment 2012.... yeah thats the ticket.

Re: Muley Hunt 2013 - 11/03/13 10:56 PM

Wanny take a guess what his next screen name will be? Check the newest members on the forum. popcorn
Posted By: ACKHNTR

Re: Muley Hunt 2013 - 11/04/13 03:22 AM

Hhhmmmm
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Muley Hunt 2013 - 11/04/13 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: texaspride
So just got back from a 2 week mule deer hunt up around Lubbock. Unfortunatly I didnt manage to connect on any deer myself but my hunting partner got a nice 4x4. Nothing huge, but it will fill the freezer, or at least some of it. It was a great trip all in all, except for the fact I missed an easy shot on the biggest deer I would have ever shot. Mind you I have only been hunting 2 years so its probably nothing to you guys but to me it would have been my biggest to date. I did manage to take some photos of this buck before I took a crack at it, just cant figure how to upload a photo. So anyways I was still hunting in a ground blind and in came this huge muley buck. I got super excited and kind of rushed things. I was shaking so hard I clean missed a perfect broadside shot at 100yds or so. Man I am dissapointed in myself. Have any other people missed a shot like that?? I cant stop replaying the moment in my head. If someone could tell me how to post a photo I can show you how nice this buck was..

Send to Game Warden he will post.
Posted By: BMD

Re: Muley Hunt 2013 - 11/04/13 03:28 AM

Wow Muledeer sure the warden will love that! Smh
Posted By: BMD

Re: Muley Hunt 2013 - 11/04/13 03:30 AM

Wanny take a guess what his next screen name will be? Check the newest members on the forum. popcorn

Should be Poaching Joe!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum