Texas Hunting Forum

What's going on in Bexar County?

Posted By: Adelbridge

What's going on in Bexar County? - 10/20/13 04:25 AM

Last night I watched a spike pushing a doe in a residential neighborhood and this evening I jumped a nice 9 bedded down with a doe. Coincidence? Inbred freak deer? Some sort of super early pre rut?
Posted By: deerslayer78

Re: What's going on in Bexar County? - 10/20/13 05:27 AM

They are more than likely all inbred for the most part. Same.as Canyon Lake, but the deer here are way worse.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: What's going on in Bexar County? - 10/20/13 11:33 AM

Not too strange with the weather. It's getting close for sure here in the rolling plains area, I've seen chasing for a week now.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: What's going on in Bexar County? - 10/20/13 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: deerslayer78
They are more than likely all inbred for the most part. Same.as Canyon Lake, but the deer here are way worse.

I've seen some nice bucks in canyon lake. much bigger than what you would believe to be around that area.

I saw two that were over 140" in startzville and one that was over 150" over by Jacobs creek boat ramp many years ago.

in know guys that have killed them into the 140"s in mystic shores before it was developed
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What's going on in Bexar County? - 10/20/13 03:57 PM

There are pockets in the Hill Country that the rut will start in mid October every year. The corners of Kendall, Gillespie, and Blanco was an area that you would see the rut starting every year at that time. I have seen mature bucks chasing a doe in late Sept on that ranch which was rare.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum