Texas Hunting Forum

Anderson County Rut

Posted By: retfuz

Anderson County Rut - 10/04/13 01:52 AM

I'm on a lease in Anderson County for the first time this year. Anyone have any idea of when the main rut will be?
Thanks
Posted By: ryorgensen

Re: Anderson County Rut - 10/04/13 02:20 AM

End of October to mid November usually mid October there starting to chase does and around youth weekend it's on hot and heavy! I've been hunting Anderson and Houston county over 30 years. Which area are you in Anderson county?
Posted By: Stan Dalone

Re: Anderson County Rut - 10/04/13 02:56 AM

What he said. If you bow hunt, hunt the last 10 days of the season hard. Over the years have taken some good bucks at this time before all h`ll breaks loose of the general season.
Happy hunting.
Originally Posted By: ryorgensen
End of October to mid November usually mid October there starting to chase does and around youth weekend it's on hot and heavy! I've been hunting Anderson and Houston county over 30 years. Which area are you in Anderson county?
Posted By: PWT

Re: Anderson County Rut - 10/04/13 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Stan Dalone
What he said. If you bow hunt, hunt the last 10 days of the season hard. Over the years have taken some good bucks at this time before all h`ll breaks loose of the general season.
Happy hunting.
Originally Posted By: ryorgensen

Agreed
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum