Texas Hunting Forum

Anderson County Acorn Crop

Posted By: Palehorse

Anderson County Acorn Crop - 09/05/13 01:57 PM

You folks that live or have a lease in western Anderson County, what's the acorn production look like this year? I'm gonna do a little bowhunting at the start of archery season. I've got a few spots scouted out but where I hunt will be dictated by how much acorn mast there is. I haven't been able to get up there in the last couple of months.

Thanks
Posted By: Texas Shag

Re: Anderson County Acorn Crop - 09/05/13 02:53 PM

I hunt in far north west anderson county. Havent been down in a month or so, but plan to go down next weekend. I will give you a report when i get back.
Posted By: EastTexun

Re: Anderson County Acorn Crop - 09/05/13 04:08 PM

I hunt the northwest corner of Houston County and haven't seen any acorns on the ground, but I have to admit I haven't been looking too hard. I am headed up there this weekend so I will take another look, but I know they are not as plentiful as they are in Conroe.

Re: Anderson County Acorn Crop - 09/05/13 04:11 PM

Thanks guys.
Posted By: 44carbine

Re: Anderson County Acorn Crop - 09/06/13 01:28 AM

I live east of Fairfield and I cant find a acorn on any tree on my property. Even the sawtooth oaks did not make this year.
Posted By: EastTexun

Re: Anderson County Acorn Crop - 09/08/13 04:57 PM

I didn't seen any significant amount of acorns in north or south Houston County yesterday. I did see a ton of persimmons though on our place and they are already falling.

Re: Anderson County Acorn Crop - 09/09/13 01:02 AM

Thanks. That info helps a lot.
Posted By: Wool E. Booger

Re: Anderson County Acorn Crop - 09/09/13 01:04 AM

I have seen a few on the trees here in Anderson County...definitely not gonna be a bumper crop, but there are a few.
Posted By: JoshW

Re: Anderson County Acorn Crop - 09/09/13 02:11 AM

We have land on the eastern side of Navarro County and the trees are loaded
Posted By: Jhunt

Re: Anderson County Acorn Crop - 09/09/13 04:47 AM

Pretty sparse in Steetman.. 2/3 of ou lease is heavily timbered with oak trees but have found only a few with tiny acorns. We have lost a lot of oak trees as well. Each time I go to lease, i have to clear the trails of fallen trees or limbs. Unless we see a improvement in the acorns in the next month or so, I plan to keep corn feeder filled and use a road feeder for trails.
Posted By: Texas Shag

Re: Anderson County Acorn Crop - 09/16/13 12:56 PM

hardly any acorns are being produced near Cayuga. Should be a good year to hunt a corn feeder.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum