Texas Hunting Forum

Feed store help

Posted By: Stevarino

Feed store help - 06/01/13 10:43 PM

I'm making a run, or planning on, to the lease tomorrow, Sunday but having problems finding protein. Any one have suggestions of any feed stores/ sporting goods/ gas stations that carries, will have in stock, and be open on Sunday between Mckinney and Evant? So, dfw area, cleburne, glen rose, Waco, gatesville, Hamilton, hico. Let me know. Thanks.
Posted By: GLC

Re: Feed store help - 06/01/13 11:20 PM

There is a place in Hamilton, don't remember the name but located on the right going out of town south. Located in the old Walls outlet store. Carries corn and protein.
Posted By: Charles Smith II

Re: Feed store help - 06/01/13 11:27 PM

Tractor Supply...check their website for a store on your route and see if they have what you need. I believe they are open until 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: Feed store help - 06/01/13 11:31 PM

Yep. Tractor Supply Company.

Re: Feed store help - 06/01/13 11:44 PM

Thanks, tractor supply in cleburne was out of protein and familiar with west Henry in Hamilton but I think they are closed on Sunday.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Feed store help - 06/02/13 12:35 AM

Tractor Supply will have corn and protein. All the ones in South Texas are open 7 days a week. You might check the Purina website for a link to a store in the larger cities close to you. Some of those Americas Country Store front Purina dealers are open on Sunday.
Posted By: Ranger Man

Re: Feed store help - 06/02/13 03:16 AM

Not sure how many Academy's near your route but some of the stores are carrying the 40 lbs bag of of 18% protein pellets. Decent price too $8.99 bag ($11.25/50lbs). Good luck!
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Feed store help - 06/03/13 02:43 AM

Arlington had some about two weeks ago and I got two bags. Went back for more and it's all gone
Posted By: aeb

Re: Feed store help - 06/03/13 03:02 AM

Tractor Supply has a terrible ordering system and stuff seems to be moved around the store every two weeks. I asked the manager of the local store when he expected an item to be back in stock. He replied that he had no idea. He continued,"We just get what they send us when they send it."

Re: Feed store help - 06/03/13 01:06 PM

Well, i made the gamble and drove to Gatesville. I checked the website for inventory Sat night and said they had some in stock, and they ended up having enough.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum