Texas Hunting Forum

High caliber deeration protien tubs

Posted By: longhorn3454

High caliber deeration protien tubs - 04/27/13 07:45 PM

I was at Jakes feed store in longview the other day getting some corn and other stuff and seen this item. They are 100lb protien tubs for $50 , but they had them buy 1 get 1 free, so actually $25 a peice. I was curious if anyone has used this product? How did the deer react to it, did it ruin in the rain, and is it worth it. I just thought it might be another food source to keep the deer around my area throughout the off season and the extra protien and supplements in the bucket can't hurt. Just wondering on some others opinions before I go buy them.

Thanks,
James C.

Re: High caliber deeration protien tubs - 04/28/13 11:26 AM

Well it doesn't look like to many people have possibly used this, lol.

Ill also take any advice/comments on protien tubs in general. Maybe another brand or ones you've made yourself. Maybe I'm better off saving my $50 and using it to fill my feeder an extra time, lol.
Posted By: BlakeJ

Re: High caliber deeration protien tubs - 04/28/13 11:47 AM

You can build these for next to nothing. I use them.

They only work if you have no pigs (if you do, you better have proper pens). The coons will drive you crazy with them too. But that's what lead poisoning is for.

Re: High caliber deeration protien tubs - 04/28/13 05:06 PM

That looks like a pretty good idea. What are you putting in the feed trough? Are you just putting a pellet or are you making some type of mixture?

Re: High caliber deeration protien tubs - 04/28/13 05:14 PM

Antlermax 20
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: High caliber deeration protien tubs - 04/29/13 12:01 AM

Do you have livestock on your place, if so don't do it.

Re: High caliber deeration protien tubs - 04/29/13 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Do you have livestock on your place, if so don't do it.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that.

Damn cows.

Re: High caliber deeration protien tubs - 04/30/13 02:05 AM

No I'm pretty lucky. There's no livestock or hogs so I'm pretty free to put out whatever I want without having to worry about anything but the deer.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: High caliber deeration protien tubs - 04/30/13 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: longhorn3454
I was at Jakes feed store in longview the other day getting some corn and other stuff and seen this item. They are 100lb protien tubs for $50 , but they had them buy 1 get 1 free, so actually $25 a peice. I was curious if anyone has used this product? How did the deer react to it, did it ruin in the rain, and is it worth it. I just thought it might be another food source to keep the deer around my area throughout the off season and the extra protien and supplements in the bucket can't hurt. Just wondering on some others opinions before I go buy them.

Thanks,
James C.

I have used the Tubs in the past, IMO they helped if I ran out of free choice they would move over to them but it takes a tad for them to get used to them. I mainly used them as a Insurance policy for if I ran out of free choice. Coons and Porcupines like them also FYI frown Good price be curious what the Protein content was

Re: High caliber deeration protien tubs - 05/05/13 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Originally Posted By: longhorn3454

Thanks,
James C.

I have used the Tubs in the past, IMO they helped if I ran out of free choice they would move over to them but it takes a tad for them to get used to them. I mainly used them as a Insurance policy for if I ran out of free choice. Coons and Porcupines like them also FYI frown Good price be curious what the Protein content was

They say on their website and on the ingredient tag on the tub that its 19% protein, whether that is what is actually there or not, that's what they say.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum