Texas Hunting Forum

Same buck? How much change from year to year?

Posted By: S.A. hunter

Same buck? How much change from year to year? - 04/08/13 08:00 PM

I saw a nice ten pointer two seasons ago, but didnt see him this last season. Then the other day i was looking at the pics of my first season and notice a slight resemblance to te one i shot this year. I don't know much about the changes from year to year, since this my only my second year hunting. There are some obvious differences like the ten being nice and symmetrical and the buck I shot was a ten but had a kicker. also my bucks rack almost touches and the ten was well short of touching. Any way here are some pics. Just let me know what you think.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Same buck? How much change from year to year? - 04/08/13 08:03 PM

Without pics of both deer it will be hard for anyone to say.

Re: Same buck? How much change from year to year? - 04/08/13 08:05 PM

lol.... yeah I switched to my phone so they will be up shortly.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Same buck? How much change from year to year? - 04/08/13 08:16 PM

I would say they are the same buck. The browtines and over-all shape are the same from one year to the next. If I remember your buck was very old, so the mainbeams and lack of the other G4 could be a sign of age and/or drought.

Re: Same buck? How much change from year to year? - 04/08/13 08:23 PM

Cool, thanks for your input. I was wondering why he never came around this year.

I tried looking at shed of the same buck over the years. but couldnt find much on the internet.
Posted By: MEXICOHUNTER70

Re: Same buck? How much change from year to year? - 04/08/13 11:39 PM

I would bet that's the same buck just another year older and a pretty tuff year at that.
Posted By: Tye

Re: Same buck? How much change from year to year? - 04/09/13 12:02 AM

Same deer. The buck eating at the feeder broke off part of his right beam from what I see. That's why the beams Don't nearly touch in that picture
Posted By: curt o

Re: Same buck? How much change from year to year? - 04/09/13 12:21 AM

Same buck is my vote.

Re: Same buck? How much change from year to year? - 04/09/13 01:33 AM

Damn, makes me wish I would of let him go one more year. We just started with some protein and water. I would of liked to have seen him in a good year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum