Texas Hunting Forum

Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo

Posted By: Captain Luke

Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/04/13 03:02 PM

Here is a pic of a buck we hope will survive the off season while we pray for rain. We didn't see any mature bucks this season. It's frustrating.

Posted By: redchevy

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/04/13 03:17 PM

Good lookin buck, hope him and many more made it! We found a good one dead we let walk, thats a bad feelin.

What are the pipes on the sides of the road?
Posted By: DocBailey

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/04/13 03:24 PM

yea he'll be a good buck next year
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/04/13 03:26 PM

Nice looking buck and I would pray for rain this year.

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/04/13 04:40 PM

Those pipes run from a pumpjack to some sort of storage tanks. I believe they are holding either natural gas or oil. Not sure, but they look just like the ones that explodes in Van, Texas last week. They are a pair of tanks with a staircase and catwalk connecting them. I've tried to find out more about whether it is safe for those pipes to be above ground or not. We have to drive right over them every time we drive down that road. I'm not too familiar with the oil/gas industry, so I'd appreciate any info regarding that. We don't own the mineral rights, but I'd like to know if we need to tell the gas company to bury them. There are other pipes just like these two on the property. There is also another pumpjack.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/04/13 09:48 PM

All of the easements on my property state that they must be buried at a depth to allow farming (some say at least 18"). I bet yours does to. Get a copy of the easement and demand they bury them. When they dig up your land, you are entitled to "damages". The industry will try to save a dime any way they can.

I have the same on my property. I gave them 2 years to bury them. After that, I will be getting the best land attorney I can find (already found one!) and will be sueing for the max I can.

There is a certain billionare in Oklahoma that got his start by sueing the oil companies......
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/04/13 10:08 PM

I personally would rather have the lines above ground...faster detection of any leaks. If the original lease agreement doesn't say they have to be buried they don't have to be.

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/04/13 10:11 PM

I was totally ok with the lines above ground until I broke my UTV on one that was not marked and covered in weeds. Those things are dangerous with ATV riding.

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/04/13 10:32 PM

Thanks Pittstate and Bobcat. I'll look into it for sure. It's definitely something that should be known.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/05/13 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Captain Luke
Those pipes run from a pumpjack to some sort of storage tanks. I believe they are holding either natural gas or oil. Not sure, but they look just like the ones that explodes in Van, Texas last week. They are a pair of tanks with a staircase and catwalk connecting them. I've tried to find out more about whether it is safe for those pipes to be above ground or not. We have to drive right over them every time we drive down that road. I'm not too familiar with the oil/gas industry, so I'd appreciate any info regarding that. We don't own the mineral rights, but I'd like to know if we need to tell the gas company to bury them. There are other pipes just like these two on the property. There is also another pumpjack.

there called tank batteries
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/05/13 03:00 AM

Same here, had pics of 3-4 nice deer in Sept/Oct and then the disapeared in November. Had one show up two weeks ago that has never been seen
Posted By: DoubleTrouble

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/05/13 11:59 AM

He will be nice this year! I had the opposite this year.....killed my target buck on first sit! In my hunting career, I have never had that happen before. Bought tag at noon.....had it punched that evening!!!
Posted By: aeb

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/05/13 02:16 PM

I have never had a problem with plastic low pressure flow lines and salt water lines above ground in the pasture. Most leases require all lines in fields to be buried below plow depth. Electric lines are another deal. Never allow them to be on top of the ground.
Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/05/13 06:27 PM

good luck to you next year

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/05/13 07:20 PM

Thanks guys! A lot of good info and encouragement.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/05/13 09:59 PM

I would cover them with dirt though to keep them from collapsing. Just where the tires roll.
Posted By: bradley

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/06/13 12:50 PM

if there coming from a pumping unit theres oil and gas and water in them, don't drive over them it there old they might collapse and make a nasty mess. good luck next year

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/06/13 02:22 PM

@Bradley: We have no choice. The pipes cross the main road in the ranch. Does that mean we should have them buried?
Posted By: toolman

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/06/13 03:34 PM

I ran over one of those poly lines with a lawn mower one time at a buddy's place. Scared the hell out of me-had visions of flying body parts and big flames! grin Sure made a heck of a mess and killed a bunch of grass for several years.

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/06/13 08:06 PM

Do you guys think that maybe this buck from 2011 is the same one as the one in the first two pics I posted on this thread? They have the same crab claw on the left main beam. And his right brow tine is shorter than the left on both pictures.

Posted By: caseyd

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/10/13 04:34 PM

Sure do look the same!

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/10/13 06:17 PM

look like two different genes to me. One is going to get wide with age and the last one tall with age.

I like the possibilies with the 2011 buck the best.

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/11/13 02:39 PM

If they are different bucks, I too like the one from 2011. We haven't seen him though since opening day in 2011.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/11/13 10:40 PM

atleast you got to get out and hunt only hunt I have had all year was dove season, work and family has had my schedule busy as can be

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/12/13 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: jhenderson
atleast you got to get out and hunt only hunt I have had all year was dove season, work and family has had my schedule busy as can be

Good Point Henderson
Posted By: MrLucas

Re: Ok, so the season is over! I didn't get my buck! Boo hoo hoo - 02/12/13 10:13 PM

I hunted Duval County this year with no luck for deer. We'll get them next year I guess!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum