Texas Hunting Forum

News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!!

Posted By: John Humbert

News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 12:17 AM

Walmart in Plano on Coit is clearing out their deer corn!!!

40 lb bag just $2. That's right, $2 !!!

Wildgame Innovations clean corn.

I got 800lbs for $40. Dropping off and heading back tonight.

They are open 24 hrs.
Posted By: wheeling_hunter

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 12:28 AM

that is one hell of deal
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 12:29 AM

Wow! Almost worth the drive there. I'd buy it all!
Posted By: FreerOrBust

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 12:29 AM

My god I hope mine is doing that
Posted By: ILikeRugers2

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 12:32 AM

How much did they have?

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 12:41 AM

They had at least one pallet up by the checkout. I tried to get someone to check in the back but everybody was busy. I took 20 bags and there was probably 20-30 bags left.

I'm gonna check with other stores and head back after dinner.

I opened one bag when I got home and was pretty clean. But at that price, I don't care much!!
Posted By: Curly

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 01:00 AM

Sounds like you're gonna but it all up anyway. crazy
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 01:28 AM

I've been checking, other stores don't have it and if they have it, not anywhere near $2 per bag. You must have some friends over there or something..
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 01:56 AM

That corn is dirty, but thats one heck of a price.

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 03:24 AM

Went back and corn was gone. But they found a pallet and half of Texas Hold Em mix (corn and roasted soybean) I bought it all at $2/bag !!!

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 04:19 AM

Greedy!!! So why even tell us it was on freaking sale if you're gonna buy it all up anyway? Does us no good.
Posted By: madhatr02

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 05:18 AM

Originally Posted By: John Humbert
Went back and corn was gone. But they found a pallet and half of Texas Hold Em mix (corn and roasted soybean) I bought it all at $2/bag !!!

Without pics it didn't happen bolt
Posted By: txshntr

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 05:23 AM

Should have called academy and made them price match grin

Nice find up

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 05:28 AM

Corn Hoarders popcorn
Posted By: ernamal

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Curly
Corn Hoarders popcorn

lol new show
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 01:18 PM

Greedy!!! So why even tell us it was on freaking sale if you're gonna buy it all up anyway? Does us no good.

scratch This the is only Walmart in Texas?
Posted By: jshouse

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 01:56 PM

my dang walmart has been out of corn since early december
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 03:55 PM

Now if they run a sale on sugar & malt and you buy it we'll know what you're up to!
Posted By: passthru

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 05:01 PM

Glad you got you a good deal.

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Has anyone else found it for that price at another Walmart then?
I haven't.
confused2
All I meant was if you're gonna tell everyone a specific store location only to buy it all up there.... nidea
Posted By: BMD

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 05:51 PM

I would have bought every bag.

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 06:02 PM

Curly, there was a good deal of time between the first purchase and when I went back. SOMEBODY went there before I went back and they got the rest of the corn - maybe they saw my post. It wasnt going to last long at that price, SOMEBODY was going to snap it up.

When I asked about more in back, and they said they were bringing a pallet out I was expecting corn. Waited around 30 minutes for them to get the pallets up the service desk. When they showed up with Texas HoldEm, I was surprised. They thought it was corn too. I asked them, "same price?" And they said yes, if I wanted the rest of "the corn". I had to make a quick decision I said YES!

Another guy who read my post showed up wanting some corn. He was pizzed when he saw the HOLDEM and was going to blow the deal. I made an arrangement to split it with him - outside. We came to a mutually beneficial arrangement that we both were happy with.

And lest you still think I'm greedy. I am fixing to leave the house to drive to members on my lease to share it with them FREE. I made the first post before I left the store so that any THF brothers who were in a position could haul butt over there.

Can't see where I did wrong, Curly. Buying groceries for the Superbowl and ran across a deal. Bought some, left some, informed THF members. Went home, made dinner and ate it. Checked with my buddies, went back with orders for my buds too far away, inquired about more, shared with another guy who showed up after I made a purchase, and giving it away to share with members on my lease. This makes me a greedy bad guy?

I unloaded and stacked what I could.

And still had this left in the truck.

Posted By: JCB

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 06:17 PM

I am one of the ones that John offered not only a chance at the corn but also the free Texas Hold'em. That makes him anything but "greedy" or a "hoarder" in my book. I declined the offer because it might be awhile before I am able to get back to the lease to do anything with the feed and I dont have a place to store it at this time.

Thanks John.
Posted By: 338ultra

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 07:38 PM

I just checked with my local WalMart and they were still at $7.88 a 40lb bag.

For the record, I would have been greedy. I wouldn't have told anyone and I would have bought every last bag they had and then gone home to get my trailer to load it all up on. Then I would have posted it in the classified section for $6 per bag and ticked off all the AR15 and ammo owners because I would have price gouged. I really would have bought it all, but I would not have sold it. It would have topped off my feeders.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 08:24 PM

I do believe he posted this message and there was still corn at the store. He also went home and ate supper before heading back to the store and it was all gone. John also posted this information to quite a few lease members that hunt with him and offered to share his good fortunes.

Stand up guy in my book!!
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 08:41 PM

I would have been so quite you could have heard a Mouse P*ss on a Cotton Ball as I was renting a UHaul, very courteous of the Gentleman.
Posted By: FowledUp

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 08:51 PM

Checked my Wal Mart, they have corn but not at 2$ a bag. Damn I was going to buy all of it they had.
Posted By: conchovalleyhunter

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/03/13 10:19 PM

our walmart still regular price. you re not greedy at all. i would have bought it all as well!
Posted By: cletusbodeen

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/04/13 06:32 AM

Heck, I'll give ya $4 a bag for 600 pounds smile
You can double your money real quick smile
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/04/13 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: 338ultra
I just checked with my local WalMart and they were still at $7.88 a 40lb bag.

For the record, I would have been greedy. I wouldn't have told anyone and I would have bought every last bag they had and then gone home to get my trailer to load it all up on. Then I would have posted it in the classified section for $6 per bag and ticked off all the AR15 and ammo owners because I would have price gouged. I really would have bought it all, but I would not have sold it. It would have topped off my feeders.

Yep, Me to.
Posted By: DocBailey

Re: News Flash!! Corn $2 a bag!!! - 02/04/13 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Has anyone else found it for that price at another Walmart then?
I haven't.
confused2
All I meant was if you're gonna tell everyone a specific store location only to buy it all up there.... nidea

You snooze you lose
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum