Texas Hunting Forum

collin county hunt today

Posted By: pittfallin

collin county hunt today - 12/28/12 01:45 AM

Got to hit the stand today from 10 untill dark and didnt see one deer... Was real excited to hunt in snow and was real optimistic cause i could see through the brush so well and the white ground made movement real noticeable....i got down for an hour around 2 because i set up a stand a few weeks ago and was really curious to see what trails were still being used... Ill hunt that one next cause they had the snow turned up out in front of it... I noticed that most of the scrapes have been touched up since the storm and 3 or 4 sets of doe tracks with blood dripping as they walk.... Buck tracks right behind them.... Hell, thats the first rut activity ive seen all rear
Posted By: Deer Junky

Re: collin county hunt today - 12/28/12 07:08 AM

Nice day to hunt! Good that you're seeing scrape activity. Never heard/thought of the blood situation. barf Guess it makes sense, tho...
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: collin county hunt today - 12/28/12 04:17 PM

Buddy... With the blood drips around those scrapes you need to be hunting them. Sounds like you got the John Holmes of a buck running around out there!!!
Posted By: CRTEX

Re: collin county hunt today - 12/28/12 10:02 PM

How is the collin county hunting going any good deer taken this year
Posted By: jshouse

Re: collin county hunt today - 12/28/12 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Pope&Young
Buddy...Sounds like you got the John Holmes of a buck running around out there!!!

i'll take that
Posted By: pittfallin

Re: collin county hunt today - 12/29/12 12:40 AM

Wasnt able to go today but im gonna hit it in the morning, hopefully the duck hunters stay home tomorrow... Havnt had muck luck on the weekends because of all the gunfire
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum