Texas Hunting Forum

Cass county

Posted By: brent1

Cass county - 12/26/12 07:43 PM

Whats everybody elses hunting been like this year in cass county compared to past years? Been slow on a new lease in linden, everything is nocturnal
Posted By: pittfallin

Re: Cass county - 12/26/12 09:03 PM

Killed my first deer in linden

Re: Cass county - 12/26/12 10:04 PM

We are in linden and have done all i know to do. Fixing to sit in the blind and just watch and see. Lots of big does though.
Posted By: quackaholic1

Re: Cass county - 12/26/12 11:17 PM

We hunt just south of Atlanta and this year has been the toughest in 15 years. Last weekend 2 of us hunted and only saw 21 deer. Good bucks are really hard to come by this year. We've only shot 2 deer this year an old doe and a 11" spike.

Re: Cass county - 12/27/12 02:07 AM

Wish i saw 21 deer all season but thats not the case.
Posted By: pittfallin

Re: Cass county - 12/27/12 04:26 AM

We hunted atlanta as well, i never had luck seing any decent bucks out there... Its been 15 years so i have no clue... My firs was a good 10 point.... I saw some enormous guys in velvet while driving near the school. Still havent seen one hold a candle to
Posted By: Deerdown99

Re: Cass county - 12/29/12 01:14 AM

Im in linden and havnt seen one deer in person all year all on cam at night still havnt got a deer doe or buck this year

Re: Cass county - 12/29/12 03:01 AM

Yep its horrible. I like being in the woods and all but im fed up. Going sunday to pack up camp and bring it home. Not even going to take a weapon with me. Most likely not renewing my lease either. Lease , feed , time , gas is adding up too much and will most likely book a doe hunt next year and come out ahead and the freezer wont know the difference. Take my savings and put the talon on the boat
Posted By: ryorgensen

Re: Cass county - 12/29/12 03:11 AM

Back in the late 80s I hunted in linden, back then it was way better than east tx. We all seen 10-20 deer each hunt back then. I guess it has flip flopped....because down here our deer population is very good..hate to hear about linden...maybe it'll be good in years to come for y'all.
Posted By: JTL 7mm

Re: Cass county - 12/29/12 12:38 PM

Hunted there 3 years, there are deer there they just only come out at night or walk around on their knees during the day. Some good deer but very hard to hunt.

Re: Cass county - 12/29/12 01:25 PM

Ive heard more shots at night then daytime
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum