Texas Hunting Forum

New 8 point world record buck

Posted By: chk

New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 02:35 PM

For some reason, I am unable to post on the thread about the "new world record 8 pt".
Im still curious how many acres this property was where the deer was killed?

Great buck.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 03:09 PM

I am too, I asked and nobody answered.... probably because it isnt a ver big place and he doesnt want to be made fun of.

It was a great deer, but topic got locked down because other people cant get along.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 03:30 PM

"people" was the guy that started the thread. Calling other people's LF deer crappy. Apparently he didn't believe that's not the biggest 8 point ever killed or since it's HF it wouldn't count even if it was.

Awesome buck, not so awesome guy.
Posted By: TxTechsan

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 03:34 PM

That thread really showed the education of some folks.

Hey Txhntr: you want to sign up for "G2" school with me?? I think we could use it rofl
Posted By: txshntr

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: TxTechsan
That thread really showed the education of some folks.

Hey Txhntr: you want to sign up for "G2" school with me?? I think we could use it rofl

I have no idea what a G2 is or how to score a deer. I only hunt these crappy LF deer and know absolutely nothing about deer. up

Dude still owes me his last dollar though...rofl

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
"people" was the guy that started the thread. Calling other people's LF deer crappy. Apparently he didn't believe that's not the biggest 8 point ever killed or since it's HF it wouldn't count even if it was.

Go ahead and take into consideration that it was probably a pretty amazing event in his family for someone to take that deer on their place and you got a whole buncha Tit*y Babies crying oh it was probably hi-fence not even a real deer...

Yeah maybe it was a hi fence and dont mean anything to anybody else, but means somethign to him! Would have probably made me and many others mad too. I understand it.

matt

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy

Go ahead and take into consideration that it was probably a pretty amazing event in his family for someone to take that deer on their place and you got a whole buncha Tit*y Babies crying oh it was probably hi-fence not even a real deer...

Yeah maybe it was a hi fence and dont mean anything to anybody else, but means somethign to him! Would have probably made me and many others mad too. I understand it.

matt

Very few made the typical HF comments on that thread. Only clarifications that it wasn't the biggest 8 point ever killed and wasn't a world record. It is truly a hell of a deer and something to be proud of.

And I am pretty sure you can go back and see that I have never ridiculed anyone's deer for any reason. If it is a trophy to them, I am happy for them.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:04 PM

Chevy, I think the point is being missed that the guy was coming on strong that he authoritatively knew and declared it a "World Record 8-Pt". I feel that we were initially just trying to get confirmation, nothing else. He kind of went off renegade when he didn't agree with the inquiries. At least that was how I saw it.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:11 PM

That was my biggest point, it wasn't a "world record 8" everyone told him it was a great buck BUT not a record, then he took it too far. It's not even the biggest LF 8, not to mention HF.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:19 PM

What I would wanted to know is if it an official B&C score or official "deer contest" score. Don't think anybody said it was not a great buck, just questioned the declaration of New World Record 8-pt. It is a forum and if you post it, it will be questioned.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:20 PM

That was my biggest point, it wasn't a "world record 8" everyone told him it was a great buck BUT not a record, then he took it too far. It's not even the biggest LF 8, not to mention HF.

I know, but he probably didnt take it that way. Let someone dash one of your once in a lifetime crowning achievements in the dirt... weather on purpose or not your gonna not like them for it.

And I wasnt meaning you specificaly txshntr.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:30 PM

If I was willing to claim a "WORLD RECORD" I'd be better prepared to back up my claim. No one discredited the fact it's a huge deer.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:33 PM

I dont care what you would be willing to claim, he isnt you.

he is ontop of the world. Im not saying he should be able to walk around in a dream world, but I can understand him being upset when everybody doubts and then the uncles cousins deer that was bigger start coming out.
Posted By: A.B.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:44 PM

It was a large deer.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:47 PM

I honestly don't care he got his panties all bunched up. The title of his thread was new world record, most people just said awesome deer, a few asked if it had been officially scored and he started back peddling. My only comment on the whole thread was "awesome buck, not a record".

The uncles cousins deer that was bigger was txshntr friend's buck, so you do mean him specifically.

If the title was check out this monster of an 8, it would have been a total different thread.
Posted By: DiverTexas

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:50 PM

Anyone know what the actual record book 8 scored?

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: DiverTexas

Recorded B&C world record 8 is around 183" and some change, I believe

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:55 PM

I honestly don't care he got his panties all bunched up. The title of his thread was new world record, most people just said awesome deer, a few asked if it had been officially scored and he started back peddling. My only comment on the whole thread was "awesome buck, not a record".

The uncles cousins deer that was bigger was txshntr friend's buck, so you do mean him specifically.

If the title was check out this monster of an 8, it would have been a total different thread.

I dont care about his panties either and no im not calling txshntr or you out, just saying I understand why he may have gotten a little hot over how it was recieved... just one more instance where a wow nice buck and moving along would go a long way.

In the voice of Forest gump.. Have a Nice Day! up

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr

Someone in the other post posted 173 and change?

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 04:56 PM

That's what my google search came up with too.

Quote:
The buck's net score topped out at 183-1/8". Two bucks are currently tied for the world-record typical 8 at 180-3/8".

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 05:00 PM

Someone in the other post posted 173 and change?

confused2 Maybe a typo?

There were a couple last year that almost beat it, but one was poached and one came in at 181" after dry time. There is a report of a net 189" that was killed a few years back, but the family said it would never be published...those always make you wonder though.

I would think that even the folks that wouldn't put their deer in the record books, would if they had a world record confused2

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 05:02 PM

You know what I think they said state record maybe was 173. I dont konw, never worried about that much.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 05:04 PM

You know what I think they said state record maybe was 173. I dont konw, never worried about that much.

Would you worry about it if you shot the state or world record?

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 05:05 PM

So far, the story is that Illinois hunter shot what appears to be the largest main-frame, typical 8-pointer ever killed by a hunter under fair chase conditions. Preliminary scores say the buck NETS 183-1/8 inches. The current world-record typical 8 is 180-3/8.

I do agree Chevy, I wish the thread would have went differently, but it is a public forum and a person should expect to have to answer question with a deer that big.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 05:09 PM

I locked the first one...wasn't real happy to see second one pop up.

With that being said its a very big deer and would love too see more details.

So lets make sure we keep it positive and it will stay open..

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
I locked the first one...wasn't real happy to see second one pop up.

With that being said its a very big deer and would love too see more details.

So lets make sure we keep it positive and it will stay open..

just chatting boss...just chatting cheers

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 05:16 PM

No one really got ugly about anything except the thread owner, but like Chevy said he may have felt cornered and got mad.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 05:37 PM

Guys im with yall a hundred percent!!

Dont get me wrong im with yall 100%....im more concerned with the "imput" your criteria of a world record here... comments that really had no bearing.. period..and were only made to stir the pot or degrade.

We all love seeing huge deer...unfortantly we put him straight to the defensive before any other details got posted...pretty much the common theme here recently every time a big deer shows up on THF

Hopefully more details show up... I dont care about the fence personally and I sure would like to see the largest native 8 title be held in texas...hell 8pt title allround for that fact

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 05:47 PM

Dont get me wrong im with yall 100%....im more concerned with the "imput" your criteria of a world record here... comments that really had no bearing.. period..and were only made to stir the pot or degrade.

We all love seeing huge deer...unfortantly we put him straight to the defensive before any other details got posted...pretty much the common theme here recently every time a big deer shows up on THF

Hopefully more details show up... I dont care about the fence personally and I sure would like to see the largest native 8 title be held in texas...hell 8pt title allround for that fact

What method or medium is used to determine the largest buck, whether they are native or not, HF or LF, etc? We all know what is considered to be a World Record based on B&C or P&Y, but is there a medium that is used for deer that don't meet their criteria?

My point is that there are deer taking off HF places, not just in Texas, that outscore all the world records, many of which people never see. HF places have many different methods of management, some are considered better than others (like native stock).

I agree on the post with big deer taken. Even though I argue on the HF threads, I really have nothing against most the HF ranches and the deer that come off them. But, a big deer off a HF place and LF place do have a different meaning for me, but I wouldn't take anything away from someone's deer that they are proud of.
Posted By: bassinbiker

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 06:37 PM

Well said txshntr.
Posted By: JohnRussell

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 06:40 PM

I never shot a 10 point...but one night I shot 5 spikes and I think that should count....

R

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 06:50 PM

What method or medium is used to determine the largest buck, whether they are native or not, HF or LF, etc? We all know what is considered to be a World Record based on B&C or P&Y, but is there a medium that is used for deer that don't meet their criteria?

My point is that there are deer taking off HF places, not just in Texas, that outscore all the world records, many of which people never see. HF places have many different methods of management, some are considered better than others (like native stock).

I agree on the post with big deer taken. Even though I argue on the HF threads, I really have nothing against most the HF ranches and the deer that come off them. But, a big deer off a HF place and LF place do have a different meaning for me, but I wouldn't take anything away from someone's deer that they are proud of.

It would be the overall net score...but its not the how or system used..its the world record should only....be...this or that...etc. that causes the issue.

I know several deer that are low fence that qualify the BC all- time ...but will never see the book.

My point is the world record can be defined so many ways that its an ambiguous title..telling the guy nice try but your hf suxs, or calling it this or that to just to piss him off or interject an negative opinions to devalue the view of the poster is pretty much trolling.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 06:53 PM

you can have WR SCI, WR B&C, WR P&Y...then what is considered WR NT/Typ/2pt/4pt/6pt/8pt/etc. Kind of like my buddy guiding sheep hunts, he had a client on what would have been a WR Desert Sheep with a bow, but since guy shot it with a rifle it just ended up being a big ol' sheep shot with a rifle.
Posted By: savoyspecial1

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:11 PM

Guys I know it can't be put in the books as the world record because of the fence, I just put the title on their because the net score beat the old record net score. I didn't realize so many people would get offended by a title. The ranch is right around 500 acres that is our families land. We have had this land for about 13 years and we do not hunt it. We have food plots and protein feeders but this is the only deer that we have ever shot on the ranch and it was just because it was a giant 8. This is the only deer me or my family has ever killed on a high fence property. The only reason for the high fence is because the small neighboring ranches hunt a lot. There is a couple of large bucks on the property and we watch them when we see them. All the deer are native wild south Texas deer. All of us hunt but on low fences ranches in Texas.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:18 PM

Oh and the guy I made the comment about his deer, you just pissed me off and I apologize. It just seems that every time you put an ad on the forums people start talking trash. All I really wanted to do was show everyone a huge buck. It was my first post ever on this forum and yea I guess I messed up on the tittle. Didn't know the Calvary would come out for the attack. I have been hunting deer all my life and have the opportunity to kill some monster free range bucks in Mexico, Texas and Canada. I still hunt but I get more enjoyment out of watching the big bucks or having my little one shoot them.
Posted By: 338ultra

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:26 PM

Welcome to the forum, Savoy. Are you a Roy Hobbs fan? Huge deer by the way.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: savoyspecial1
Oh and the guy I made the comment about his deer, you just pissed me off and I apologize. It just seems that every time you put an ad on the forums people start talking trash. All I really wanted to do was show everyone a huge buck. It was my first post ever on this forum and yea I guess I messed up on the tittle. Didn't know the Calvary would come out for the attack. I have been hunting deer all my life and have the opportunity to kill some monster free range bucks in Mexico, Texas and Canada. I still hunt but I get more enjoyment out of watching the big bucks or having my little one shoot them.

That's I'd a hell of a buck. Now go work on your people skills. At least you apologized to txhntr.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:32 PM

I do agree though that txshntr doesn't know what a G2 is grin

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman

He thinks a "G2" is "gee I wish I was 2' taller".....grin
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:34 PM

This one made 192 and he netted 189.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:35 PM

yankee deer rolleyes

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

rofl
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:41 PM

Well I didn't see it but i get going for big 8's that's my poison. I'm gonna agree that a LF and HF deer has a different meaning to most people. I mean seeing a huge 8pt on a LF is a rare occasion. Now does that make a HF buck scoring the same any less worthy no, but it's amazing to see big low fence deer when you stop and think about the life cycle, proper management that went into having that buck get that big, and the patience to let him get that big. But I'm still HF for the win. Congrats to the newbie on your trophy.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:41 PM

did some research.

deer grossed 187 and some change.

deer seems to be legit

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN

That is the txshntr of the 8 point world....short G2's... peep

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
did some research.

deer seems to be legit

Who scored it officially?

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:45 PM

did some research.

deer seems to be legit

whoever does the scoring at los cazadores.

its the leader in teh high fence 8 point division

los cazadores goes by gross score, not net, for those of you who don't know
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:46 PM

Well now that we're all through throwing rocks at each other....I think that was a good lookin' buck!

Now that's funny, right there. cheers

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:47 PM

did some research.

deer seems to be legit

So the "officiall" new world record 8 point score is based off of a Los Cazadores score? roflmao We all know how accurate those scores are rolleyes

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:49 PM

That buck in the pic with the game warden holding it would have been a new world record but it was confiscated because the guy poached it. It's a shame that some one could not have killed it legit in their property and got in the books.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:50 PM

did some research.

deer seems to be legit

So the "officiall" new world record 8 point score is based off of a Los Cazadores score? roflmao We all know how accurate those scores are rolleyes

LMAO!

no i was referring to the fact that it wasn't a breeder deer or one that was released into a small enclosure.

los cazadores is not an official score nor the authority on whats a record or not.
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:50 PM

Having read both threads, without a dog in the fight, this is my opinion.

We have a lot of experienced hunters here. We have hunters who have hunted all classes of deer. One cannot come on here and make an outlandish claim and then not expect to get called to back it up. When you are called to back it up you can't get defensive or offended. If I claim to be the strongest man in the world someone is going to challenge me on it. At that point it's put up or shut up.

By the same token, it's BS that every time someone posts a big buck on here all of the anti-HF jackwagons have to spout off their two cents worth. As I said in another thread, SHUT UP already. Tired of hearing the constant whining. If I want to hear that I'd sit at home with the wife or a room full of old women.

Just congratulate the hunter for taking a deer that they're proud of and wanted to share with us. Kind of like everybody else does when somebody posts a pic of a 2 year old 95-inch 8 point and claims it to be 5.5 and 140.

Mutual respect and maturity is what I'm referring to here.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:52 PM

It has been officially scored but the drying period is not over. I am not 100% of the person they took it to to have it scored but I think his name was John stein. That might not be how you spell it.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:54 PM

Welcome offically to THF. Native equals very very very impressive...hell of a deer regardless of what final score ends up....

That deer is 90% of THF'ers dream deer.

There are a lot of great people on THF, hope you become one of them.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:55 PM

Savoy, just for the record there is alot of BS that goes on in this joint and Hi vrs Low fence is a highly debated hot topic in here. If you had been around longer and knew things would probably have turned out alot different. Stick around lots a fun on here.

and once again congrats to you and yours on a great buck.

matt

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:55 PM

Dang bobo you beat me...

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:56 PM

If John scored it then it will be accurate. He will also know the biggest 8 pointer no matter where they are shot since he used to be a collector. He used to be a walking encyclopedia on big deer. He also had the largest NT in the books with the fewest points- mainframe 8 point with double matching drops.
Posted By: Time Killer

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:57 PM

Where's the damn pic?

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: LandPirate
Kind of like everybody else does when somebody posts a pic of a 2 year old 95-inch 8 point and claims it to be 5.5 and 140.

lol, thats every other deer posted
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 07:58 PM

Well spoken landpirate

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 08:00 PM

If John scored it then it will be accurate. He will also know the biggest 8 pointer no matter where they are shot since he used to be a collector. He used to be a walking encyclopedia on big deer. He also had the largest NT in the books with the fewest points- mainframe 8 point with double matching drops.

I would of loved to had the opportunity to held the antlers he has had the pleasure to measure.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 08:01 PM

Didn't mean to offend savoy cheers

Started as just stating that their are many bucks that never see a contest or the books and had no intention of degrading your moms buck or offending you. Also claryfing for others that it isn't the world record.

I am not offended easy and I like my puny deer grin

Post it back up so we can all enjoy it the way it should have been the first time up

And STX...you arent my friend anymore

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 08:04 PM

I would of loved to had the opportunity to held the antlers he has had the pleasure to measure.

Spent a few minutes in his trophy room collection while he was scoring a buck. The most impressive was the mainframe 8 with drops. Mass is all I can say. He was a 180 class net 8 with about 18" of droptines. I think he was around 199 net NT. The Gillespie County NT he had was pretty nice also. You could not say something about a deer that he did not know about or have scored. I told him about a set of sheds off a North Texas LF buck that was over 260 in the mid 90's...he said I know I scored him but they are sheds.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 08:07 PM

John scored my Mexico buck when I was younger and Los cazadores said it would not make the book so yea I know their scores can be off. John scored it higher than what they did and it made it net just a tad over 196 non typical. I will post the pics up again in a couple of minutes

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 08:11 PM

John scored my Mexico buck when I was younger and Los cazadores said it would not make the book so yea I know their scores can be off. John scored it higher than what they did and it made it net just a tad over 196 non typical. I will post the pics up again in a couple of minutes

pm sent

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 08:38 PM

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 08:56 PM

Hell yeah savoy, glad you're back!! I'd like apologize for the way you were welcomed, even though I never really went on the attack on the other thread. It's one hell of a deer and bobo's right, my dream buck.

Don't worry about txshntr, if you're taller than 5 ft, most he could do is kick the crap out of your shin!!!!!

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 08:59 PM

Hell yeah savoy, glad you're back!! I'd like apologize for the way you were welcomed, even though I never really went on the attack on the other thread. It's one hell of a deer and bobo's right, my dream buck.

Don't worry about txshntr, if you're taller than 5 ft, most he could do is kick the crap out of your shin!!!!!

I bite ankles too!!!!
Posted By: longhorn_cop

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 09:10 PM

Unbelievably beautiful deer.

Lot of BS in this forum, but most just in fun.
Want to get them really started, bring up barry o or antler restrictions.
Nugent aint got jack on lots of these boys.
lol444
Posted By: Armalite260

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 10:35 PM

Guys I know it can't be put in the books as the world record because of the fence, I just put the title on their because the net score beat the old record net score. I didn't realize so many people would get offended by a title. The ranch is right around 500 acres that is our families land. We have had this land for about 13 years and we do not hunt it. We have food plots and protein feeders but this is the only deer that we have ever shot on the ranch and it was just because it was a giant 8. This is the only deer me or my family has ever killed on a high fence property. The only reason for the high fence is because the small neighboring ranches hunt a lot. There is a couple of large bucks on the property and we watch them when we see them. All the deer are native wild south Texas deer. All of us hunt but on low fences ranches in Texas.

If you have never hunted it in 13 yrs, there must be deer all over the place.. I bet that's a fun show to watch..
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 10:44 PM

Savoy, I have 2 questions if you dont mind answering. How do you keep the does from overpopulating and how many pounds does that antler & cap weigh? That deer looks like he was an old rascal.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 10:57 PM

That chit just ain't right.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 11:17 PM

I did not weigh the skull cap so I don't know the answer to that question and yes there is a good amount of deer on the property. We have lost some due to floods and branches getting stuck in the flood gates. Some have been killed from coyotes and natural death. There is not too many deer on the property, you can't just stand around and see deer without driving around looking for them. That buck was 5 1/2 years old and was a 200 inch ten point buck the year before at 4 1/2. He lost his tenth points and a little tine height, from 17in to 15in tines but gained mass and a little on the main beams. It was the biggest slick 8 we had ever seen so it was shot. It is truly a unique buck and the pics look big but when you have the horns in your hands it does not do justice.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/13/12 11:22 PM

To keep the does from over populating you just have to shoot them. Having too many does is hard on the bucks antler growth. You can have as many deer as you want on a high fenced ranch as long as you can keep supplying food. Food plots, summer and winter, protein, my dad is always feeding them lots of peanuts and apples too.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/14/12 12:50 AM

Savoy a good way of starting a thread, is to simply state the measurements, "High 180's Class Eight" would have gotten what you wanted without the grief. The forum members would have gotten around to record status and eligibility pretty quick.
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/14/12 03:05 AM

Missed the other thread but that is an incredible buck. Congratulations on hitting the whitetail lottery.
Posted By: D&Eranch

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/19/12 04:02 AM

Tshsntr: Why can't you just apologize and let it go. Your added coment was not necessary. you seem to fuel the fire and ruin my thunder. Savory apologized like a man and you continue to try to ruin this post to. please stop so people can enjoy. when is is dry scored I will let you know

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/19/12 05:12 AM

This deer grossed 187.6 nets 185 was killed on D&E ranch on 500 acres, wt 220lbs official 60 day score pending. Guides by Del Flores
Posted By: jshouse

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/19/12 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: D&Eranch
Tshsntr: Why can't you just apologize and let it go. Your added coment was not necessary. you seem to fuel the fire and ruin my thunder. Savory apologized like a man and you continue to try to ruin this post to. please stop so people can enjoy. when is is dry scored I will let you know

did u read the whole post pal?

Started as just stating that their are many bucks that never see a contest or the books and had no intention of degrading your moms buck or offending you. Also claryfing for others that it isn't the world record.

Post it back up so we can all enjoy it the way it should have been the first time up

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/19/12 01:45 PM

This deer grossed 187.6 nets 185 was killed on D&E ranch on 500 acres, wt 220lbs official 60 day score pending. Guides by Del Flores

187.6 is a great and interesting score, congrats!

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/19/12 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: jshouse

did u read the whole post pal?

Interesting popcorn

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/19/12 01:56 PM

How's this for thunder beating? Whoopty freaking doo, it was in a high fence and Savory said it's never hunted. So you join the forum now and want to pimp your ranch rofl
When do the bookings start?
Posted By: bigtex46

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/19/12 01:58 PM

clap

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/19/12 01:59 PM

Just amazing, the people that pimp themselves and with such attitude. Bring on the locked thread.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/19/12 02:06 PM

trout Not real bright are you!!!
Posted By: longhorn_cop

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/19/12 02:51 PM

bang

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 12/19/12 03:29 PM

confused2

Guess I know where savoy gets his attitude from...nice deer up

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/12/13 09:04 PM

the world record is a 188 poached and the holding record went to 183.. so you do the math. Gee and yes I read the whole post you say didn't need to offend but then you reiterate that it is not world record.. we are waiting results... I am not your pal. and I am the one who killed the buck

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/12/13 09:10 PM

Not pimping the ranch just stating the facts.. the ranch is high fenced yes, it is a large ranch and the game is free ranging... It seems when someone kills a nice buck the green monster arises. Just wish everyone would get along and just say "Hey that a nice one"

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/12/13 09:13 PM

why can't u just b nice

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/12/13 09:17 PM

women have soap operas and we have the thf, well, and wrestling.

i love the thf

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/12/13 09:57 PM

the world record is a 188 poached and the holding record went to 183.. so you do the math. Gee and yes I read the whole post you say didn't need to offend but then you reiterate that it is not world record.. we are waiting results... I am not your pal. and I am the one who killed the buck

My math is pitiful, thank you for the clarification up

I apologize for reiterating that it is not the World Record. Your deer is the greatest deer ever killed and no other can compare. I was mistaken and am glad that you shared the new World Record and the biggest 8 point of all time with us flehan

I am very distraught that you are not my pal. crying

Not pimping the ranch just stating the facts.. the ranch is high fenced yes, it is a large ranch and the game is free ranging... It seems when someone kills a nice buck the green monster arises. Just wish everyone would get along and just say "Hey that a nice one"

I am a terrible green monster. I retract everything that I have said before and will just leave it at "Hey, that's a nice one" cheers

why can't u just b nice

I have a condition that the doctors and my wife have been trying to correct for many years now. confused2
Posted By: Nightbird

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/12/13 10:04 PM

why can't u just b nice

I have a condition that the doctors and my wife have been trying to correct for many years now. confused2 [/quote]

C'mon txshntr time to go back to the nice little white padded cell now.. muyloco... rofl
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/13/13 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: LandPirate
Having read both threads, without a dog in the fight, this is my opinion.

We have a lot of experienced hunters here. We have hunters who have hunted all classes of deer. One cannot come on here and make an outlandish claim and then not expect to get called to back it up. When you are called to back it up you can't get defensive or offended. If I claim to be the strongest man in the world someone is going to challenge me on it. At that point it's put up or shut up.

By the same token, it's BS that every time someone posts a big buck on here all of the anti-HF jackwagons have to spout off their two cents worth. As I said in another thread, SHUT UP already. Tired of hearing the constant whining. If I want to hear that I'd sit at home with the wife or a room full of old women.

Just congratulate the hunter for taking a deer that they're proud of and wanted to share with us. Kind of like everybody else does when somebody posts a pic of a 2 year old 95-inch 8 point and claims it to be 5.5 and 140.

Mutual respect and maturity is what I'm referring to here.
I want to agree with this post, HOWEVER for the respect to be mutual you can't come on here and insult my intelligence claiming that deer is 5.5/140, and then expect me to swallow it. You have to respect me enough too before I say 'Nice deer.'

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/13/13 04:38 AM

Will you be my friend? I'd like to come shoot a big ol' HF buck and come onto an open forum and brag about it to people I don't know and will never meet. By the way new best friend, that's a great buck even though it came from a penned up pasture where it only had option of getting bigger since nobody ever hunts there. up
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/13/13 02:18 PM

Beautiful Buck. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm new to the forum so I can't comment on past posting. After reading this thread, I think there is a little blame to throw around on several posters about the way it turned negative. Just want to remind everyone, our sport is being attacked every day by people who would love to take our guns away. We all need to stick together and promote solidarity and friendship, and promote and support our sport and try to put up a positive image for the next generation to carry on what we all love so dearly.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/13/13 03:11 PM

All I can say is that it is a nice looking BUCK!

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/13/13 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Beautiful Buck. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm new to the forum so I can't comment on past posting. After reading this thread, I think there is a little blame to throw around on several posters about the way it turned negative. Just want to remind everyone, our sport is being attacked every day by people who would love to take our guns away. We all need to stick together and promote solidarity and friendship, and promote and support our sport and try to put up a positive image for the next generation to carry on what we all love so dearly.

The thread that really started the bs was locked down and then they started this new thread. This one has been pretty tame to be honest.
Posted By: Don Dial

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/14/13 12:04 AM

Yrs. ago we entertained one of my cousins friends on a hunting trip to NW Colorado w/his wife..Both their rifles messed up and they had to borrow mine which they mistreated, of course. One of
my other cousins finally put the guy on a mulie, which he missed,
but my cousin shot..and in hauling it to camp they hung the deer's antlers in a tree while driving and split the skullcap..when later photo'd he held the horns open and my cousin
visited him and said he had it mounted where a 18in Mulie became about 26ins..don't believe all you hear or see..unless you were there..DD

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/14/13 01:03 AM

matt

It was an awesome deer. The poster got all butt hurt because someone pointed out it was a great deer but not a NEW WORLD RECORD. He then started name calling and putting down other people and their crappy LF deer. He was a DB with an I AM BETTER THAN THE REST OF YOU attitude. 2cents
Posted By: cameron00

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/14/13 01:25 AM

Any pictures of this deer out there? Would love to see it.
Posted By: 007FJ

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/14/13 01:29 AM

Thanks for sharing the monster pics.
Posted By: Booner1

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/14/13 01:35 AM

popcorn Oh my. Please continue, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. roflmao
Posted By: Booner1

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/14/13 01:35 AM

Super great buck, by the way. Would love to shoot one like that myself some day.
Posted By: DeerTamales

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/14/13 02:58 AM

What caliber did you shoot it with? popcorn
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/15/13 01:09 AM

So a "large" ranch is 500 acres and the deer in 500 acres high fences are "free ranging" ??? Am I missing something?

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/15/13 12:53 PM

When I saw this had been bumped, I just assumed someone had something to sell and was post padding.

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/15/13 04:36 PM

I thought it was someone diagramming a G2 for txshntr
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/15/13 04:48 PM

ninja

Re: New 8 point world record buck - 02/15/13 07:37 PM