Texas Hunting Forum

Deer meat transport question

Posted By: txhunter1010

Deer meat transport question - 12/11/12 09:22 PM

Ok I'm planning on shooting a doe for my grandmother some meat. If I shoot one and quarter it or leave it whole, can I give it to her to take to the processor or do I have to take it myself?
Posted By: MikeBillington

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/11/12 09:26 PM

you can give it to her but will have to also give her a wildlife resource document for transport. It's basically just a piece of paper stating you give her permission to transport this deer and your info on it: name, address, hunting license number, name of ranch and county where deer was shot and date of kill. Sign it and date it. tag stays with the meat.

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/11/12 09:32 PM

Is there an official form or can I just write all the on a sheet of paper and sign it
Posted By: jeep1074

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/11/12 09:40 PM

Each regulation book has one.The regulation book you get when you buy your licences.

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/11/12 09:44 PM

Gotcha thanks
Posted By: kyotee1

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/11/12 09:46 PM

A WRD is not required if the evidence of sex and the entire carcass or quartered carcass with a properly filled tag accompanies the deer. A WRD is only required when a portion of the quartered deer is given to another individual.

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/11/12 10:23 PM

Awesome even better
Posted By: d1a2v3

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/13/12 05:37 PM

Good info given
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/13/12 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: kyotee1
A WRD is not required if the evidence of sex and the entire carcass or quartered carcass with a properly filled tag accompanies the deer. A WRD is only required when a portion of the quartered deer is given to another individual.

So your saying my wife or friend doesn't need a WRD if I have a deer in the back of her truck and she is transporting it to our house?
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/13/12 05:44 PM

If you really loved your grandmother you would pay to have it processed and packaged before you gave it to her...Lol.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/13/12 05:46 PM

yes as long as you have tag filled out and proof of sex

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/13/12 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: tShawnB
If you really loved your grandmother you would pay to have it processed and packaged before you gave it to her...Lol.

x2 smile
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/13/12 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
yes as long as you have tag filled out and proof of sex

Even quartered? Or just gutted an whole?
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/13/12 06:25 PM

Proof if sex is required until it reaches its final destination.

---> TPWD proof of sex
see "final destination" ---> TPWD definitions
--->TPWD TWRD info

Re: Deer meat transport question - 12/13/12 06:25 PM

It is my understanding a person can transport your deer (either gutted and whole or qurtered with proof of sex) as long as you have the properly filled out tag and it doesn't put the person over any posession limits. Which I dont know if a posesion limit applies to deer, but would think it is our license year.

matt
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum