Texas Hunting Forum

Erath county hunters

Posted By: Cody S.

Erath county hunters - 11/05/12 03:47 AM

I was wondering if there is anyone around erath county that could allow me to take my girfriend out and shoot a doe. Shes never shot a deer before and would love to get her on one, but unfortunatly the place I hunt the ratio is like 5:1 so I dont usually see any does and I really havent seen anything this year but if anyone wouldnt mind I wiould be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Erath county hunters - 11/05/12 03:57 AM

How long have y'all been dating?

Re: Erath county hunters - 11/05/12 09:32 PM

Almost a year an a half
Posted By: canyonranch

Re: Erath county hunters - 11/06/12 03:18 AM

do you go to tarleton?
Posted By: JMalin

Re: Erath county hunters - 11/06/12 03:41 AM

5:1 buck to doe ratio? Where are you hunting?

Re: Erath county hunters - 12/05/12 02:04 AM

Canyon.. No im actually a senior in high school and jmalin my house. I lts really thick hut i still dont see a lot of does and havent in a good while
Posted By: kagomez85

Re: Erath county hunters - 12/05/12 02:18 AM

Let her shoot a buck!
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Erath county hunters - 12/05/12 02:38 AM

5 bucks to 1 doe? You sure about that?
Posted By: tag saver

Re: Erath county hunters - 12/05/12 12:41 PM

i have seen this kind of ratio before but it was due to the property not the deer herd .....i have pictures of 16 bucks in the feed pen at the same time in november and almost never saw does when i hunted there .....
the doe in the area just didnt like the place for some reason and seemed every buck in the county crossed it at one time or another ....i will say it was a great place to take bucks ....125 acres of pure fun ,,,,,i hunted it with friends for 4 years and we took 4 or 5 mature bux every year ...and the guys huntin it before my friend bought it were taking more than that
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum