Texas Hunting Forum

spray paint and deer hunting

Posted By: txhunter25

spray paint and deer hunting - 10/19/12 04:51 PM

Yesterday i decided to use ultra flat krylon camoflauge spray paint to camoflauge my gorilla climbing stand...it turned out great! Problem is now after doing that i realize that it would be easy for deer to smell, i cant smell it but i know that whit whitetail deer have an excellant sense of smell... does anyone have anysuggestions that would help eliminating the smell?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: spray paint and deer hunting - 10/19/12 05:16 PM

Leave it outside in the sun and wind. I would also try one of those scent elimation sprays that they claim work on scent.
Posted By: 007hunter

Re: spray paint and deer hunting - 10/19/12 05:19 PM

after a while (esepcially in the sun/wind/rain (hoping)... the smell will neutralize. Assuming you are not talking about hunting bow season, it should have plenty of time to cure and "desmell"...
Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: spray paint and deer hunting - 10/19/12 05:41 PM

Like its been said. A couple days outside and you will be golden.
Posted By: Brando-Commando

Re: spray paint and deer hunting - 10/19/12 08:43 PM

Pour doe piss all over it!
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: spray paint and deer hunting - 10/19/12 09:14 PM

It will have little to no effect
Posted By: TX35

Re: spray paint and deer hunting - 10/19/12 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: txhunter25
Yesterday i decided to use ultra flat krylon camoflauge spray paint to camoflauge my gorilla climbing stand...it turned out great! Problem is now after doing that i realize that it would be easy for deer to smell, i cant smell it but i know that whit whitetail deer have an excellant sense of smell... does anyone have anysuggestions that would help eliminating the smell?

No worries!! One day before opening W/E last year, I completely painted my 4x6, 4 ft. elevated stand inside & out! The next morning, a spike & a couple of does were going to my feeder & walked downwind less than 10 yds. from me in the stand!! It didn't bother them in the least!!!
Posted By: Cannon

Re: spray paint and deer hunting - 10/20/12 02:49 AM

Not a smell they fear....you may have stumbled upon a new mask scent.
Posted By: senko86

Re: spray paint and deer hunting - 10/20/12 03:01 AM

I'm sure you'll be good
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum