Texas Hunting Forum

rubs and scrapes

Posted By: j_mac

rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 05:24 PM

I've started seeing some rubs and scrapes the past few days, anyone else starting to see any?
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 05:36 PM

What part of tx u from?
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 05:43 PM

Lots of rubs in my area.
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 05:46 PM

Yesterday, a mock scrape I made several weeks ago had been freshened.

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 05:49 PM

I'm in Jasper County between Buna and Kirbyville.
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 06:05 PM

I made a scrape in the living room last night. Polished my head on a tree in the backyard and then chased momma around the house. She wasn't havin' any of it.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: LandPirate
I made a scrape in the living room last night. Polished my head on a tree in the backyard and then chased momma around the house. She wasn't havin' any of it.

I have seen you in person, I dont blame her. roflmao
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 06:23 PM

Well if you would let her drive the boat on your last fishing trip together you woulda improved your odds. grin
Posted By: Texsun

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 06:28 PM

Sounds like an early rut!
grin
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Texsun

grin

Yeah, you know them yearlings whistle They are ready to go early at the first hint of fall grin

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: BOONERDREAMING

I have seen you in person, I dont blame her. roflmao

rofl rofl rofl

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Well if you would let her drive the boat on your last fishing trip together you woulda improved your odds. grin

Yeah, that was the problem, I shouldn't have let her drive it to begin with. She kept looking at the floor for the accelerator. That's how she ended up in the weedline, fouling my lines. grin

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: Texsun

grin

Yeah, you know them yearlings whistle They are ready to go early at the first hint of fall grin

Fall, winter, spring, summer, daytime, nighttime...makes no difference to me. I was born ready.
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 06:41 PM

I am seeing a few scrapes starting to show up.
Posted By: Aggieduck

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/07/12 07:08 PM

Seen some while out walking around
Posted By: feech

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/08/12 12:42 AM

I was hunting in Menard county this weekend. Ran across several scrapes. It was a strange weekend, there were so many acorns on the ground the deer weren't hitting the feeder much. Only deer that came in were bucks. Not sure where the does were hangin out.
Posted By: coachmas

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/08/12 02:02 AM

Checked feeder and camera on Wednesday and didn't see any. Walking out after morning hunt I saw 3 scrapes on the trail leading to my feeder. All new in the last few days. I'm hunting in Anderson co. Coach
Posted By: OHanlon87

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/08/12 02:07 AM

Saw three scrapes this weekend on a gas pipeline going through my place near caddo lake. Looked to be made friday night as the front came in.
Posted By: ccrock

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/08/12 02:07 AM

Saw 4 active scrapes yesterday near the feeder. I moved the trail camera to the biggest one.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/08/12 02:38 AM

have scrapes all over the place around my stand and a few small rubs scattered around, in hunt county
Posted By: TX35

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/08/12 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: BOONERDREAMING

I have seen you in person, I dont blame her. roflmao IN

OUCH!!!!!!! wink
Posted By: 7MM STW

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/08/12 04:34 PM

Putting up a stand this weekend in NTX, found a small rub line and as I was clearing a shooting lane, came up on a fresh scrape. Seems a bit early to me this year. . .
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/08/12 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: jshouse
have scrapes all over the place around my stand and a few small rubs scattered around, in hunt county
Jshouse, you sir, have a honey-hole on your place.
Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/08/12 05:18 PM

set up a stand near by smile
Posted By: rifleman

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/08/12 08:08 PM

started seeing them a cpl weeks ago. My buddy outside of Spurger said the scrape numbers has gone up a ton in the last week.

Re: rubs and scrapes - 10/09/12 04:53 AM

I saw a few more today and a couple more rubs. The scrapes aren't scattered around they are pretty much in a travel route.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum