Texas Hunting Forum

Trespasser

Posted By: Regretzi

Trespasser - 10/03/12 04:22 PM

Well my wife and I just bought us a place for oursleves to deer hunt and eventually put a cabin on and enjoy with the kids. So I go to check the game camera which and I have a few pics of deer some hogs and this guy!. Needless to say my wife is a little bit freaked out. Our place is just east of Mount Enterprise near the intersection of HWY 84 and FM 95. Anyone seen this guy before?
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 04:24 PM

Yep not good. It's happend at my place before. I hate that also. Watch for hiim and he's carrying there.
Posted By: T4PL

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 04:25 PM

He looks like a professor from a nearby college, but he's packin heat!
Posted By: 007hunter

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 04:27 PM

Wow...I never saw that trail cam...

Just messing with ya...x2 on the college professor look...Hummmmmm

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 04:28 PM

It's wierd because he's dressed way to nice to be out there. I just had the roads brush hogged but this was a couple of days before they started. The brush was pretty high so he was out there for a reason.
Posted By: 007hunter

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 04:30 PM

he looks totally confused by what he is looking at...

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 04:32 PM

He left everything alone and got out of there. This was the only picture. I think I am going to put a camera near the entrance to see if anyone else is coming in.
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 04:36 PM

He's from the government...
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 04:39 PM

When did you buy the place? If recently, he may be someone who knew the place was not being used much and figured he had free reign to it...he could also be a meth cooker...

Either way, I woudl not go out there without packing some of your own heat and be sure to let your wife know anytime you are out there, just in case something does go down.

Be safe, not worth getting killed over, but hopefully this is just nothing and the guy will stay away now that he knows you are there...
Posted By: Bluegoose

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 04:40 PM

I don't recognize him but I'll put his picture up and ask around
Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
When did you buy the place? If recently, he may be someone who knew the place was not being used much and figured he had free reign to it...he could also be a meth cooker...

Either way, I woudl not go out there without packing some of your own heat and be sure to let your wife know anytime you are out there, just in case something does go down.

Be safe, not worth getting killed over, but hopefully this is just nothing and the guy will stay away now that he knows you are there...

Or a neighbor that didnt know it sold. Heard the noise and wanted to take a look to make sure everything was on the up and up.
Posted By: Kenny Powers

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 04:56 PM

I would beat him half to death if he didnt have a real good exuse for being there.Just sayin
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 05:15 PM

The fact that he didn't take the camera or mess with anything means he's probably very familiar with the area, it used to be unused, and he goes out there to shoot his gun from time to time.

I'd still try to figure it out, but that doesn't look like someone that's causing trouble. Gun and all.
Posted By: bhackfeld

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 05:17 PM

Wow, that is really freaky!! It almost looks like someone is really good at photoshop and took their professor and replaced the briefcase with a pistol and stuck him "in the woods".

Here's a picture that I had on my camera the last time that I was able to check it. I'm 99% sure that it's someone's elbow, I wish I had gotten another picture of them. When I was first clicking through pictures I didn't notice it, but it was one day before I went out there and I have 5 night pictures after so I know it wasn't a change the card picture.

Posted By: 603Country

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 05:19 PM

Kenny, you can beat em half to death if you want to, but I don't think I have the energy anymore. Plus, I don't want any legal issues. You've got his picture now, so you've got proof of his trespass if the law needs to ever get involved.

I have had a couple of trespassers, and I caught one and gave him a full dose of what I thought. He hasn't been back.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: bhackfeld

This is odd, because judging by the shadow your feeder is casting, you'd think you'd see the shadow of whoever that is, if it's really an elbow (which I agree it looks like).
Posted By: Kory

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 05:26 PM

If you just bought the property, he is probably someone that used to have permission and didnt know the land sold. Me and a buddy of mine had permission to hog hunt a piece of property and we went out there just as we always had and there was a vehicle parked by the pond. We walked over and the guy was there with his kids fishing and was pretty upset to see us walking around with guns. After talking to him for a minute he let us know that he had bought the property a month before. Turns out he was a nice guy and let us continue to hunt.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: cameron00

This is odd, because judging by the shadow your feeder is casting, you'd think you'd see the shadow of whoever that is, if it's really an elbow (which I agree it looks like).

I agree it looks like an elbow, but the shadow would be slightly to the left of the interesting object (person) and thus off the camera pic. The feeder barrel is shadowed to the left a little, and forward a little it looks, but not to the right and forward...

Also appears to be a foto or something at the base of the object in question, almost like someone is standing with their arm at hip and the feet crossed so you catch the elbow and heel of the foot...
Posted By: brushbuck

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 06:06 PM

Come on folks, that's Larry Wieshan aka Mr. Whitetail.
Posted By: crstfr

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 06:10 PM

maybe its a jacked up deer leg....and that's all you caught of it jumping the fence.......

another scenario.....

...but yeah... looks like an elbow...
Posted By: Dock Ellis

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 06:15 PM

Deer leg seems more likely. That "arm" is way too skinny to be that high up like that.

To the op, if he was truly trespassing it seems like that guy would have taken the card to not be seen. Does your cam have a lock on it?
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 06:23 PM

He is left handed.

We had a guy on our lease that was dressed the same way. He was a hog dogger.
Posted By: Sir_Hellraiser

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 06:28 PM

I agree it looks like an elbow, but the shadow would be slightly to the left of the interesting object (person) and thus off the camera pic. The feeder barrel is shadowed to the left a little, and forward a little it looks, but not to the right and forward...

Also appears to be a foto or something at the base of the object in question, almost like someone is standing with their arm at hip and the feet crossed so you catch the elbow and heel of the foot...

To me it looks like perfect 90 angle of a pipe or something does not look like a elbow from a human or animal
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: brushbuck
Come on folks, that's Larry Wieshan aka Mr. Whitetail.

Winner!! And the deer are safe too...

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 07:59 PM

All I know if I see him walking around in person as I am hunting the tree stand in the back of the pic on Saturday he better be real quick at apologizing and leaving and never doing that again. I don't want to be confrontational but that S--- is unexcuseable to me. If it's not your don't mess with it.
Posted By: Land_Man

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 08:11 PM

I'd call the sheriff. Good chance somebody might recognize him
Posted By: JDShellnut

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: stinkbelly
He is left handed.

We had a guy on our lease that was dressed the same way. He was a hog dogger.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear it was a hog dogger. A lot of them, and I mean a lot of them have 0 respect for private property.
Posted By: 44carbine

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 09:59 PM

You can never have to many camera's. Caught the meter reader driving around my pasture a few years ago on camera,never had another problem with him again after his supervisor viewed the pictures.Caught the county appraisers twice nosing around on camera. I have 6 cameras and only 2 are around my feeders. The rest are strictly for survellance. You need to put a camera near your entrance gate and any structure's you have. Landowner advice to another, NEVER be without a gun and cell phone on your person everytime you venture out on your property,it may save your life one day. Enjoy the new property
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 10:02 PM

Is that Marlin Perkins?
Posted By: Graham_Woodsman

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 10:33 PM

Looks like someone climbing the fence. It looks like you can see a pant leg below it.
Posted By: PSE-Madman

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 10:34 PM

It wasn't me.. it was the one armed man...
Posted By: Hill Country Hunter

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 11:20 PM

Trespassing with possesion of firearm a felony or misdemenor?
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 11:29 PM

X2 Contact the Sheriff and keep one in the Pipe
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Trespasser - 10/03/12 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Hill Country Hunter
Trespassing with possesion of firearm a felony or misdemenor?

Class A misdemeanor. Nothing to sneeze at. You could turn that pic in and he would be recognized and busted in no time. That's what I did 4 years ago. Had stuff come up missing all the time prior to that. No problems since.Word gets around quick.
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Trespasser - 10/04/12 01:26 AM

I would be making copies and having the Sheriff and Game Warden out to let them know about it! One of them may know who it is.
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: Trespasser - 10/04/12 01:38 AM

Deffinately want let the authorities know. With out the gun in his hand he may look harmless but the fact that he carrying a pistol in his hand with what may be intent to use it I wouldn't mess around one extra second.
Posted By: Rockstar.3345

Re: Trespasser - 10/04/12 01:49 AM

Lock n load bro
Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Trespasser - 10/04/12 02:16 AM

True story, just make sure you have your gun out because more than likely he's gonna have his!!
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: Trespasser - 10/04/12 02:54 AM

Anybody consider that man may still be out there somewhere? A well dressed man without a holster was carrying that weapon for a very specific purpose.
Posted By: 8th1

Re: Trespasser - 10/04/12 03:49 AM

Looks like the side of a deer antler. Way too thin for an elbow and too high.
Posted By: HoosierDaddy3

Re: Trespasser - 10/04/12 12:50 PM

The elbow obviously belongs to Baby Sasquatch.
Posted By: millerliteliker

Re: Trespasser - 10/04/12 01:51 PM

Take it from someone that owns rural land and leases land to hunt - trespassers have always been an issue and always will be. I don't like it, but don't let it dampen your attitude about being excited about owning a piece of property.

The vast majority of land owners don't know they have trespassers because they did not "luck out" and get one on camera. I assure you that this guy will not be the last one you have.

The worrisome part is the handgun - not only does he have one but it is OUT. He looks like he was "hunting" something. What that could be I have no clue. You don't hunt a feeder by walking up to it with a gun in broad daylight.

Also - one more thing. I wonder why he was unconcerned about your camera? He had to see it. I have had MANY cameras stollen over the years by trespassers. This guy seems to be unconcerned about getting identified.
Posted By: texfork

Re: Trespasser - 10/04/12 04:23 PM

My SIL family owns 900 acres and had a house on it in Mount Enterprise and they ran off some trespassers . The next weekend someone drove a truck through the wall and stole everything and a month after that someone burned the house to the ground .
The Sheriff had ZERO interest on who did it or trying to find anyone .

Re: Trespasser - 10/04/12 04:30 PM

Now this is the part where I look like a jackass!! I sent this picture to one of my neighbors out there to see if he could help me identify this person. Well it turns out it's the man that I bought the property from!! I actually never met the man. We did all of our business through the title company. I guess he just wanted to make one last pass through the palace. The picture was taken the day after we closed. What seemed odd to me at the time was that this pond was not easy to get to and you had to know that it was there. There are quite a few hogs that frequent the pond which has to be why his gun was out and didn't mess with my camera. Woops!!
Posted By: Bluegoose

Re: Trespasser - 10/04/12 04:45 PM

haha well thats a positive ending
Posted By: J_Cham13

Re: Trespasser - 10/04/12 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Sir_Hellraiser

To me it looks like perfect 90 angle of a pipe or something does not look like a elbow from a human or animal

definitely looks like an elbow to me! also it possibly looks like a heel of a foot underneath the elbow, which kinda gives the impression that maybe the person is walking out of view. and to me the arm looks pretty thin. like maybe its a woman's or girls...idk just thinking out loud
Posted By: Someone

Re: Trespasser - 10/07/12 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: texfork
My SIL family owns 900 acres and had a house on it in Mount Enterprise and they ran off some trespassers . The next weekend someone drove a truck through the wall and stole everything and a month after that someone burned the house to the ground .
The Sheriff had ZERO interest on who did it or trying to find anyone .

I have a good friend that has family from there

that is definitely the Mount Enterprise I am familiar with
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum