Texas Hunting Forum

Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now!

Posted By: RedSnake

Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:04 AM

I've been throwing regular corn for last several months and have only had the same 2 does and a yearling 6 pt at the feeder everyday for the past 5 weeks -- been lots of natural browse that have kept the deer busy elsewhere.

Three days ago I started throwing a roasted soybean/corn mix and the deer have come out of the woodwork. I've got 5x the number of deer hammering this mix... including this little fellar.

I think i'm sold on this stuff.

Posted By: jshouse

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:07 AM

Nice buck. He missing an eye?

deer at my place loved it too

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:10 AM

Yep, looks like i'll have to name him "one eyed willy"...

Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:10 AM

Nice up

You putting them in the feeder or just throwing some out on the ground? Also where are you getting them if you don't mind me asking?

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:11 AM

Nice group of bucks and I would name him "Dead eye"

Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:12 AM

I can take care of that little fella for ya, lol.

That is great news, I was thinking about trying the corn/roasted soybeans from Martindales in Valley View i believe??? I am also wondering if they are just coming in because the natural browse is all drying out? I still haven't got the deer to come to feeders on my place yet. Of course I have a few acres of soybeans planted and they are hitting them pretty hard. Still good news to hear. Thanks for posting.

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:13 AM

Yep. I put it in the feeder and also spread a 50 lb sack along the trails leading to the feeder 3 days ago.

I'm gonna be in trouble as soon as the hogs get wind of it. Need to put my hog panels up!

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Pittstate
...I was thinking about trying the corn/roasted soybeans from Martindales in Valley View i believe??? I am also wondering if they are just coming in because the natural browse is all drying out? I still haven't got the deer to come to feeders on my place yet. Of course I have a few acres of soybeans planted and they are hitting them pretty hard. Still good news to hear. Thanks for posting.

I got it at Johnson Feed Store in Lewisville. Expensive but from the looks of it may be worth it. 6 bags ran me about $100. I think they get it from Martindales.

There is a still a ton of natural browse -- blackberries all over the place. I noticed the same thing last year during June/July -- the majority of the deer avoided the feeder until mid to late august. I have been checking this place twice a week for the past 2 months and usually fewer than 200 pics on the cams per week. In the last 3 days since putting out the soybeans i got over 1500 pics.

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:19 AM

I got it at a feed store in Rockwall. was 15.99 a bag so I only tried two bags and they killed it.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:36 AM

Great pics and bucks! What I find unsual is they jumped on soybeans so fast. Do you know if anyone elses is feeding them around you?

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:39 AM

Oh my, in February that stuff was like $11 a bag at Martindales. Looks like I am taking a road trip to Kansas this fall and bringing back a couple tons of soy and corn!

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:40 AM

I'm surprised they hit it so fast too, STX. From the timing on the game cams, they started on it the night i put it out. Nobody that I know of near us even feeds corn.

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:42 AM

Man I am impressed with how fast they found them and gained a taste for them. I would not question why but keep them out!

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:42 AM

I may have to try some. I have a small place in Stephens county that I can't seem to get good bucks to go to the feeder. They hit the fence line and cut across the property. Feeder is maybe 40 yards from the fence line.

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:47 AM

I have scouted this place hard for months. Have game cams on trails and i have been seeing deer all spring/summer, they just havent bothered with the corn at the feeder.

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:48 AM

I would switch to 80% soybeans if you could afford it and then turn down the amount per feeding a bit. Definetly put up a feed pen to keep the hogs off.

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I would switch to 80% soybeans if you could afford it and then turn down the amount per feeding a bit. Definetly put up a feed pen to keep the hogs off.

Thx. That's next on my to do list.

Posted By: NEVAGA

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 03:00 AM

Look good to me

Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 04:15 PM

I used them last year and they got absolutely hammered by the deer. I will be using them again this year for sure!

Posted By: erathar

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 06:27 PM

You guys buying MFM products, you may look into the All Purpose pellet. It's really a calf/horse pellet. 14% protein and the same size as Record Rack. It will run you around $9 a bag.

Posted By: thorn4570

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/15/12 11:41 PM

Any problems with the soybeans in the feeder. Clogging up or anything like that. thank you

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: thorn4570
Any problems with the soybeans in the feeder. Clogging up or anything like that. thank you

No probs with clogging. Roasted beans are smaller than the corn.

Posted By: Talisman

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 09:31 AM

Good looking buck thats for sure!

Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 11:51 AM

Any one buying Roasted Soy Beans around Austin and where?

Posted By: Mike Garcia

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 11:55 AM

I bought some of that 50-50 mix last year. Being that it was just like a dollar higher then reg corn at the time I tried it and yes deers loved it. Heck had a sweet smell I wanted to take a bite myself haha. We got ours at a feed store in Waller

Posted By: HOG.DOGS

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 07:07 PM

I would like to fined some roasted soybean/corn mix. But i cant seem to fined any around dallas or Kaufman Tx any help would be a big Thanks.

Posted By: Bluegoose

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 08:03 PM

Bryant Grains in Aledo carries it (mix and straight soybean) you can see if they have a dealer in your area that would carry it or that could order it bryantgrain.com/dealers

Originally Posted By: HOG.DOGS
I would like to fined some roasted soybean/corn mix. But i cant seem to fined any around dallas or Kaufman Tx any help would be a big Thanks.

Posted By: Greytshot

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 08:19 PM

Any one know of dealers in South Texas?

Posted By: HunterCW

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 08:27 PM

Ag Services in Athens behind the chevy house...

Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 08:29 PM

Cool

Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 09:03 PM

Been using roasted soy beans and soy/corn mix for about 8 years now. You definitely need to put the hog panels up because the pigs love it as much as the deer and they'll tear everything up trying to get at it. We've compared activity at straight corn feeders as compared to feeders containing the mix at our lease and the corn/soy mix has more traffic summer thru fall but the activity evens out the further into winter we get. Might have something to do with the deer needing the carbs in the colder months but that's just speculation on my part. If you're feeding gravity feeders, the mix is OK to use but we've been told that feeding straight soy beans thru the gravity feeder might be bad for the animals so we don't do it. Overall, I think using a combination of soy, corn/soy mix and oak leaves is definitely helping us out.

my 2cents

Posted By: bigbuck1

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 09:22 PM

I am trying to find where to buy the rosted soybeand or the soybean and corn mix. Does anyone know where I can get some. I live in the DFW area and hunt in Youn county.

Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 09:31 PM

J&N Feed in Graham carries it.....they call it Horn Corn

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Greytshot
Any one know of dealers in South Texas?

Leopold Grains in Nada, Tex and check with Mummes in Hondo.

Posted By: Stub

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 11:13 PM

Good Info, I think I will mix it 50/50 see what happens!

Posted By: thegrouse

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/16/12 11:56 PM

This stuff sounds better than Indian Corn. I am headed to Poth tomorrow to see if they have any.

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 01:38 AM

I got it a Johnson Feed Co (972) 221-7646 in Lewisville.

They carry bags of both 50/50 roasted soy/corn and bags of roasted soy by Bryant Grain Co.

Posted By: TGT

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 03:12 AM

McKinney feed and seed carries a mix called buck rations. Bought 1k lbs on Sat. Morning and he had another 17- 20 bags in stock. stuff smells great!!!!

tgt

Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 06:53 AM

how high is that feeder? it looks really low to the ground or is that the picture angle?

Posted By: no-guts-no-glory

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 03:50 PM

Deer Mix is a special blend 50/50 of the deer corn and raw soybeans that sells for $11.55 at Waller Rice Drier in Waller, Texas. Here is the link to their website:

http://www.wallerricedrier.com/index.php?pg=Product

Posted By: SWT Bobcat

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 04:34 PM

I have never tried feeding soy beans but after reading this topic am going to have to try (especially since I live pretty close to Waller, so I know I can get it based on 'no-guts-no-glory's post). I have a dumb question. . . what do you guys recommend. . . the roasted or the raw, or does it really even matter? Thanks

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 05:14 PM

Roasted For sure. I have used it with sucess in the past. I generally put in our conr feeders when we stop feeding protein in September.

Posted By: TXW

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
Roasted For sure. I have used it with sucess in the past. I generally put in our conr feeders when we stop feeding protein in September.

Where do you get it in Mills Co?

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 05:26 PM

Does anyone know if they sell something similar at Tractor Supply?

Posted By: tth_40

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 05:30 PM

Yup, I'm gonna have to find some for sure.

Posted By: michael rice

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 05:46 PM

my feed store in austin sells it 22.00 a 50# bag 50/50 mix 16.00 a 50# bag

Posted By: Rustler

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 05:47 PM

MFM, Gore Brothers, Waller rice drier and a bunch others produce it.

Some of the names are;
Game pro
Horn corn
Stampede
Mr Buck
Deer ration

I've never been to a feed store that sold deer corn that didn't have a corn/roasted soybean mix of some variety.

Ive had mixed results with it. Some places the deer don't seem interested in it other places they love it.
All birds, pigs, raccoons, squirrels love it.
Feed pens are a must if you have pigs.

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: TXW
Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Where do you get it in Mills Co?

Ranchland has it, and they are proud of it. Just ask for Horn Corn.

Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 10:13 PM

Who makes it?
Originally Posted By: erathar
You guys buying MFM products, you may look into the All Purpose pellet. It's really a calf/horse pellet. 14% protein and the same size as Record Rack. It will run you around $9 a bag.

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/17/12 10:42 PM

Just got off the phone with Bradberry in Dublin.... $13.50 on the Mr Buck. Said corn would most likely go up this week?
Originally Posted By: Rustler

Some of the names are;
Game pro
Horn corn
Stampede
Mr Buck
Deer ration

I've never been to a feed store that sold deer corn that didn't have a corn/roasted soybean mix of some variety.

Ive had mixed results with it. Some places the deer don't seem interested in it other places they love it.

Posted By: ILikeRugers2

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/18/12 12:56 AM

Same here, the 50/50 mix brought them in and smells a way too good. Hard to resist! I think I could be lured somewhere by this stuff!

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/18/12 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: ILikeRugers2
Same here, the 50/50 mix brought them in and smells a way too good. Hard to resist! I think I could be lured somewhere by this stuff!

My SUV still smells like peanut butter.

Posted By: TXW

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/18/12 02:09 AM

I will probably start going 1/2 mix bags and 1/2 full corn starting in Sept. to see what it will do at my place.

Posted By: fbchunter

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/18/12 02:59 AM

Good to see this,stx told me about em and I am going to try to introduce them at my leases soon as the baby boy is born and I get a chance to get down there, great pics also

Posted By: SWT Bobcat

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/18/12 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dlrz71
Does anyone know if they sell something similar at Tractor Supply?

I know the Tractor Supply in Tomball and Katy does not have anything with Soy Beans. They have basically al lRecord Rack Products (Corn, Protein Pellets, and Golden Nuggets). I have been feeding the Golden Nuggets at $14.00 for a 40 pound bag, but screw that, I am getting ready to head to Waller and try the 50/50 Corn/Raw Soy Bean
mix.

Posted By: DiverTexas

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/18/12 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: michael rice

Which feed store?

Posted By: Bluegoose

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/18/12 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: hoof n wings
Just got off the phone with Bradberry in Dublin.... $13.50 on the Mr Buck. Said corn would most likely go up this week?
Originally Posted By: Rustler

Some of the names are;
Game pro
Horn corn
Stampede
Mr Buck
Deer ration

Yes it is, bagged corn prices have gone up anywhere from 75-90 cents

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/18/12 03:59 PM

It definately is drawing a crowd -- the most deer I've had at my feeder in months.

Was out there again yesterday and had another 2500 pics of deer in over the past 3-4 days.

Another pic from the first night I started throwing it.

Posted By: rtp

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/19/12 12:39 AM

Things are looking up for you!

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/19/12 12:46 AM

great group of deer. I hope to have similar results at my 12 acres in 2 weeks.

Anyone sell this around Eastland/Ranger??

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/19/12 02:21 AM

I called most feed stores in the Wilson/Bexar county area and no luck.

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/19/12 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: thegrouse
I called most feed stores in the Wilson/Bexar county area and no luck.

Try Mummes on 281 North. If they don't call the Hondo store.

Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/19/12 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Garcia
I bought some of that 50-50 mix last year. Being that it was just like a dollar higher then reg corn at the time I tried it and yes deers loved it. Heck had a sweet smell I wanted to take a bite myself haha. We got ours at a feed store in Waller
hey man just got a question which feed store in waller?

Posted By: michael rice

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/19/12 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: DiverTexas
Originally Posted By: michael rice

Which feed store?

Callahan’s General Store

Posted By: HOG.DOGS

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/19/12 06:20 PM

I found it in Kaufman Tx for 14.25 a bag i got 8 of them

Posted By: bentman

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/19/12 08:49 PM

21.50 a bag the other day at the feed store in santa Anna

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/20/12 01:12 AM

Mummie's was a no go in Hondo and San Antonio. I tried some stores in Atascosa county also. I may be outta luck down here.

Posted By: okjhutch

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/21/12 03:45 AM

do the feed stores blend it together then bag it then sell it?
would it be the same as buying a bag of corn and a bag of soy beans and mixing it yourself? is the corn in it whole or cracked? is there a differnce in the soy beans roasted or not roasted?
it sounds like i need to try to find some in the n. texas or southern oklahoma area and give it a try this year.
we have used carrots and it works REAL good.
we also use a custom blend form a small feed store (not sure what the name of it is) we just ask for the "salt meal for the deer" and they know what we want, it's a blend of rice meal,cracked corn and other ingrediance that we are not sure of because the feed store does not want anyone to know what they use. They did say that they buy
all the ingrediance separate and then blend it according to their
receipy then bag it.
they can not keep the stuff in stock, usually have to place an
order for it 2 weeks in advance to make sure you can get any.
i have been hunting and feeding deer for over 25 years in 5 different states and never seen the deer hit anything like this stuff. It runs about $ 16 for 50 lbs.
I should take some to a lab and get analyzed, but it probally cost to much just to do that.

Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/21/12 12:37 PM

Bought 10 Bags at $15.00 in Blanco, and the blend it with corn myself, lots cheaper that way...

Posted By: txhunter03

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/21/12 09:16 PM

I just picked up some Horn Corn in Cleburne at Lonestar Ranch a
and Outdoors for $14.25 a 50lb bag.

Posted By: CinchMan

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/22/12 06:56 PM

Anybody know of a place between Sachse and Palo Pinto Co I could pick some up?

Posted By: BlakeJ

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/22/12 11:29 PM

for new feeders in new locations, i've often wondered if a roasted soybean/corn mix would bring deer in faster than just straight corn?

Posted By: j3x

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/26/12 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: jshouse
I got it at a feed store in Rockwall. was 15.99 a bag so I only tried two bags and they killed it.

What is the name and location of store in Rockwall that carries this?

Posted By: ILikeRugers2

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/27/12 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: BlakeJ
for new feeders in new locations, i've often wondered if a roasted soybean/corn mix would bring deer in faster than just straight corn?

That's when I tried it, in a new feeder and new location.. Worked big time.

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/27/12 11:52 AM

circle c feed in rockwall on 30 has it, was $15.99, but i found it in greenville at the north texas farmers coop for $10.40 for 40lb bag.

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/27/12 01:48 PM

Try Collin county feed and seed in McKinney. I called them last week and it was about $11 for 50lb bag if I remember.

Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/27/12 05:18 PM

The Feed Store in Grapevine on Main St has it. A little pricey but so is everything else these days.

Posted By: Greytshot

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/27/12 06:55 PM

I just drove out to Waller and picked up 500 lb of soybean / corn blend for $11.65 per bag. www.wallerricedrier.com

Posted By: wp75169

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/27/12 11:06 PM

Canton tx co-op $12.95/40lbs. That's roasted 50/50

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/27/12 11:33 PM

It is expensive but the bucks sure seem to like it. This group and a 19 7/8 inch inside spread 8 were hitting it every day. Plan to start it again at that feeder this weekend

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/28/12 02:19 AM

Nice pics kmon1!! up

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/28/12 03:09 AM

Im putting out some this weekend, will have pics in 2-3 weeks

Posted By: Cougarfoot

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/30/12 08:15 AM

i filled up my feeder last week with 50/50. it usualy takes 5 50lb bags of corn to fill the feeder up this time doing the 50/50 i only used four total bags to fill. its high and they say it will only go higher. to the question about tractor supply the one in bowie said they cant get it. i hope i get the reaction everyone else has been getting

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/30/12 12:46 PM

I just put 2 bags in my feeder and ran one down the tree line in Stephens county. Hopefully it will get a little more traffic on the place.

I will check cam again in 2 weeks.

Posted By: cm250

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/31/12 12:24 AM

Anyone know if there is a dealer in the Paris / Clarksville area that carries this? Is so what are they charging for it? Haven't checked corn prices this year yet, any idea what it's going for in the above areas,? Thanks!

Posted By: Csddarden

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/31/12 01:50 AM

I bought some soybean-corn-grain mix at WalMart the other day. Interested to see what came into that feeder. Can't wait to go check cameras.

Posted By: tth_40

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/31/12 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Csddarden
I bought some soybean-corn-grain mix at WalMart the other day. Interested to see what came into that feeder. Can't wait to go check cameras.
25 lb. bag?

Posted By: Csddarden

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/31/12 02:14 AM

I dont quite remember, but that seems about right

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/31/12 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: cm250
Anyone know if there is a dealer in the Paris / Clarksville area that carries this? Is so what are they charging for it? Haven't checked corn prices this year yet, any idea what it's going for in the above areas,? Thanks!

$12.99/40lb bag today at north texas farmers coop in greenville, they have a location in sulphur springs too.

Posted By: WTHunter75

Re: Roasted Soybeans?...I'm a Believer Now! - 07/31/12 02:42 AM

Feed stores in McKinney call this stuff buck ration. I tried it, but didn't see a great response from the deer. Found mostly soybeans on the ground even after squirrels, turkey and dove have picked over it. And that was during the poorest of range conditions leading up to the season last year.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum