Texas Hunting Forum

Shot placement.

Posted By: Bittercreek

Shot placement. - 07/10/12 06:24 PM

Question for you folks. Under hundred yards. Shooting Remington .243, 100gr. Core-Locks. Averge West-Tx Buck, or Doe.
Shoot thru the shoulder, or just behind it?
Thanks for any advice.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 06:41 PM

High point of the shoulder shot will anchor any deer in its tracks.

Posted By: BBD84

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 07:19 PM

I usually go stet through shoulder and it drops them, in my experience the high shoulder shot is usually a game ender also but does not take put the vitals like a mid shoulder will.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

X2...if you pull it any way your still in vitals..well except high up.

One thing about high shoulder shot...if you due pull high you can get right above spine.... As with any deer that goes straight down alway be prepared for follow up shot in case its above spine

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 07:30 PM

Have used about every shot you can think of, for in the chest tight behind shoulder on a broadside shot will put one down but they useually run a little ways but will die soon and that is the least destructive on meat, ribs in and out, double lung shot. High shoulder unless you go high you will break the spine and DRT is the result but with more meat loss.

Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 07:30 PM

I've been reloading Nosler 100gr Partitions in my .243, and all deer shot have been DRT except one which was shot behind the shoulder. grin

Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 07:32 PM

I've pretty much always tucked it in behind the shoulder

Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 07:39 PM

I use a 243 and I shoot my deer in the neck. They can't go anywhere when they fall on there nose.

Posted By: michael rice

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Trout-killer
I use a 243 and I shoot my deer in the neck. They can't go anywhere when they fall on there nose.

i do the same with a 223

Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 07:48 PM

Neck or neck/shoulder meeting point. DRT. Not necessarily dead though. I wouldn't recommend a head shot...with a 224 cal then sure

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 07:57 PM

Dead center the sholder....breaks them down hard

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 07:58 PM

he's right

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 07:59 PM

I only take neck shots with my 6mm Rem. with 100gr power points. Well over 30 deer dead with it, none have gone further than 5 yards.

Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 08:16 PM

Like stated, a high shoulder shot drops them in their tracks. But it also damages the most meat. If it's a doe, I generally shoot them right in the crease of the shoulder about 1/2 to 1/3 way down which catches more heart and vitals and saves the most meat. If you need a DRT shot where you don't want to track or are close to a fence line and don't want them running off, I go for the higher shoulder shot. Or, with a good shooting position and a finely tuned rifle and load, a head shot also works and saves all the meat. But only take this shot if you are fully competent in your abilities.

Posted By: redchevy

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 08:26 PM

Id say hi shoulder or neck.

Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 08:29 PM

I use a .243, 30.06 and bow. Shot the deer anywhere from the back of the vitals all the way up the neck or into the head and it will die! It depends on the shot the deer gives me. And, i shot shot a few head on in the neck and they died too.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 08:32 PM

The biggest mistake I see my buddies make is using the fancy bullet tips and it not penetrating through the shoulder. If you use plain core lokt or reload BTSP, they will crush the shoulders and deer don't run very fast with only their two back legs. Didn't say they won't try...

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 08:35 PM

My favorite shoot is quartering away when I am 20 feet above the ground. I always shoot a couple inches below center mass because I have never had a buck jumnp up before the arrow hits him. I have had several squat down a little when they hear it coming. IF he doesn't squat, you are still in the kill zone.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 08:45 PM

Or and 85gr tsx....better than any 100gr anyday

Re: Shot placement. - 07/10/12 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
a head shot also works and saves all the meat. But only take this shot if you are fully competent in your abilities.
Why do you think I am all for them!!!! Lol i agree

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

Concur I use the 80gr ttsx and its nasty medicine

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 12:34 AM

I've only neck shot with the 243

Posted By: Bear Charge

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 12:48 AM

High shoulder, shoulder or just behind it. It gives you a better target and allows a little forgiveness. If you hold in the middle of the shoulder, 3 inches in any direction will still result in a kill shot.

Posted By: mustafa

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 02:00 AM

anybody care to post a pic of high shoulder shot? i googled it and it showed it in a lot of different places.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 02:02 AM

Found one and posted it one time will see if can find it again

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 02:12 AM

It is an area on the high part of the shoulder blade where the neck and spine meet.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 02:14 AM

That deer foundered

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
That deer foundered

No he is dead grin

Posted By: fowlplayr

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
I generally shoot them right in the crease of the shoulder about 1/2 to 1/3 way down which catches more heart and vitals and saves the most meat.

^^^^^

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 02:16 AM

It is an area on the high part of the shoulder blade where the neck and spine meet.
That's where we aim!!!!!!

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 02:33 AM

Here is one that Jeffbird provided

Originally Posted By: jeffbird
Originally Posted By: DLALLDER
Could someone explain, show me what exactly is being talked about and where exactly is the shot placement? What are the advantages if any, what are the disadvantages? Thanks

Here is the advantage of this shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDl0y6dVNig

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
That's where we aim!!!!!!

One that size you just shoot between the eyes

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 02:41 AM

All of the things are just a tad bit high. Maybe like .5" lower is where we aim.
Originally Posted By: rifleman

One that size you just shoot between the eyes
Yeah. Probably not because it will damage the rack and brain with my little 22-250

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 01:54 PM

Concur I use the 80gr ttsx and its nasty medicine

Didnt know they had those.... i dont dout they are nasty

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 02:02 PM

This shot dumps them.

No guess work involved on How far they are gonna run with this shot

And for all you proponents of copper and bonded bullets, Ive been using this shot with 100% success since 99' with interlocks and corelockts

Posted By: TailboardFF

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 02:41 PM

If it ain't broke....

Posted By: NDN98

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 04:44 PM

I usually shoot just behind the shoulder, because you waste less meat that way (and they will usually leave a good blood trail/die quiclkly). That being said, I have no problem using the high shoulder shot if I am on small acreage or close to a neighboring property. I have never had to track an animal shot in the high shoulder, but you do lose some meat.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 04:46 PM

no one wants to eat sholder scrap anyway lol

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

This shot dumps them.

No guess work involved on How far they are gonna run with this shot

And for all you proponents of copper and bonded bullets, Ive been using this shot with 100% success since 99' with interlocks and corelockts

I put that shot on a buck with 223 and 55 grain v-max, he didnt move. I wouldnt try it again but it worked once. The hi shoulder shot anchors them, shot my first several deer with it.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Here is one that Jeffbird provided

Originally Posted By: DLALLDER
Could someone explain, show me what exactly is being talked about and where exactly is the shot placement? What are the advantages if any, what are the disadvantages? Thanks

Here is the advantage of this shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDl0y6dVNig

Personaly I would take all of those red dots and move them down one dots width, they all look a tad hi for me, not that they wouldnt work, but if it was my cross hairs they would be lower.

Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 09:46 PM

That's true for a flat, broadside shot. Once the shot takes on any angle, the aim point must be adjusted accordingly. The key is making sure the bullet will pass through the heart/lung area.

And this includes angles from above. I've seen hunters wound deer and never recover them because they didn't take into account the angle of the shot created by the height of their stand. And bullet drop on more lenghty shots can increase the angle of the shot even more.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/11/12 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

That's true for a flat, broadside shot. Once the shot takes on any angle, the aim point must be adjusted accordingly. The key is making sure the bullet will pass through the heart/lung area.

And this includes angles from above. I've seen hunters wound deer and never recover them because they didn't take into account the angle of the shot created by the height of their stand. And bullet drop on more lenghty shots can increase the angle of the shot even more.

With this shot your are looking to anchor the deer in its tracks by the impact of the bullet on the spine/neck area.
I truly prefer the deer angled to me and you put the bullet at the same height on the body but move it to the crease in the neck/shoulder area. Their butt will hit the ground and they will not kick one bit. They just disappear from the herd. Best shot in the world if shooting more than one deer in a group since all the other deer just look up, look around seeing nothing wrong or out of place and then go back to eating.

Posted By: txd33rhunt3r

Re: Shot placement. - 07/13/12 02:58 AM

I usually aim here. Looks like it might be lower than most.

Posted By: LillyCreekHunter

Re: Shot placement. - 07/13/12 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: txd33rhunt3r

X2

Posted By: OFBHWG

Re: Shot placement. - 07/13/12 03:34 PM

What ever you are comfortable with and works. Thats what I'd use.

Posted By: bigtex46

Re: Shot placement. - 07/13/12 03:43 PM

They aren't real hard to kill....

Posted By: unlearned69

Re: Shot placement. - 07/13/12 03:45 PM

This. Saves the shoulder meat and typically crumples them up ASAP.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/13/12 03:47 PM

why do people worry about saving sholder meat lol theres hardly enough meat to do anything with...

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Shot placement. - 07/13/12 04:55 PM

why do people worry about saving sholder meat lol theres hardly enough meat to do anything with...
Why be wasteful if you don't have to, but I guess I was raised different where it was the animal not the horns that mattered. But then again my parent and grand parents were raised dirt poor and to them shooting a deer meant having some decent meat on the table.

Posted By: bigtex46

Re: Shot placement. - 07/13/12 04:58 PM

popcorn

Re: Shot placement. - 07/13/12 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
Why be wasteful if you don't have to, but I guess I was raised different where it was the animal not the horns that mattered. But then again my parent and grand parents were raised dirt poor and to them shooting a deer meant having some decent meat on the table.

I was raised the same way. I take and debone the meat from the shoulders and run a couple of pieces at once thru a tenderizer and make cutlets out of the meat. I usually run it thru twice. To me it makes the best tasting steak on a deer.

Posted By: Talisman

Re: Shot placement. - 07/13/12 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: LillyCreekHunter

X2
X100 the other shots seem to high for me

Posted By: fsevin

Re: Shot placement. - 07/14/12 04:23 AM

My two scents might be worth less because I'm a "newbie" but I've killed all 3 of my deer, all last year, with a .243.

7Pt Texas 5.5 y.o. buck. 70 yd Spine shot (buck fever, first hunt, I pulled the shot up)....DRT

TX Doe... 90 yds. Double lung shot, ran about 80-90 yards, dead before I got there.

MS 10 point: 75 yds, High Shouder, DRT. Fell, raised head once, dead. This was an impressive shot.

All with 100 GR Corelokt. I don't understand the need for the bigger rifles or $40/ box bullets, unless you are consistently expecting LONG RANGE shots.

Can't wait for my year # 2 of deer hunting!

Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Shot placement. - 07/14/12 08:55 AM

Does - If they're under 100 yards and I'm calm with a steady rest and they're calm, it goes between the eyes, under the ear, or at the base of the neck, depending on circumstances. If it's a trophy buck, I shoot at the mid to back shoulder area and keep shooting until he quits moving. Sorry, but when I launch at a buck, it ain't about the meat...

Re: Shot placement. - 07/14/12 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: fsevin
My two scents might be worth less because I'm a "newbie" but I've killed all 3 of my deer, all last year, with a .243.

7Pt Texas 5.5 y.o. buck. 70 yd Spine shot (buck fever, first hunt, I pulled the shot up)....DRT

TX Doe... 90 yds. Double lung shot, ran about 80-90 yards, dead before I got there.

MS 10 point: 75 yds, High Shouder, DRT. Fell, raised head once, dead. This was an impressive shot.

All with 100 GR Corelokt. I don't understand the need for the bigger rifles or $40/ box bullets, unless you are consistently expecting LONG RANGE shots.

Can't wait for my year # 2 of deer hunting!

Shoot more than 3 deer, and you will understand.

A .243 is probably fine for 75% of the hunting people do...., but when shots are long, light is low or angles are tricky, you will need more gun

Re: Shot placement. - 07/14/12 10:08 PM

This is the last deer I killed.

80 yards, 130 grain interlock right in the same place stxranchman pointed out originally.

DRT right into the tree he was rubbing his horns on

Posted By: don k

Re: Shot placement. - 07/14/12 10:12 PM

Most of it depends on what I am shooting and what is being shot at and if I am meat hunting or shooting at something I would want to mount. Around here I usually just shoot young axis or WT I want to get rid of. I use a 223. If I am hunting some where else and see something that is in my mind really good I use a 270. Then I shoot right through the middle of the shoulder. I am not meat hunting and I don't care how much is ruined. That shot will usually dump them in their tracks.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/14/12 10:22 PM

I just don't like digging them outta the black brush and guajillo

I like them falling in the road or sendero where I can drive up to them

If you've never drug a 220lb buck a stand of black brush I suggest you try it, it will change your opinion

Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 07:35 AM

X2

x3

Posted By: bo3

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

X2

x3

I would move the dot forward alittle. If you break the shoulder they have a hard time running.

Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 06:24 PM

Thanks for all the great advice folks.
Ya done good!

Posted By: billybob

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: bo323

X2

x3

I would move the dot forward alittle. If you break the shoulder they have a hard time running.

They won't run at all if you hit them there....they won't have a heart

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 06:40 PM

X2

x3

My favorite shot with a bow, but rifle...you will be looking for a blood trail...

My favorite shots rifle

Broad side- high shoulder
Quartering to.- mid to high shoulder neck crease(all time favorite)
Quartering away..depends on angle but normally top of opposite arm pit
Fully faced- center chested but you usually can get a slight quarter if you wait

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: billybob

They won't run at all if you hit them there....they won't have a heart[/quote]

deer can run over 100 yards with their heart exploded

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 06:47 PM

Yes they will

Only shot I had due to trees....ran 50-60 yards

Posted By: cameron00

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 07:19 PM

he's right

In fairness, I've used this shot and had their back legs sort of shovel them into the brush for 10 or so yards.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 07:32 PM

Yes they will

Shot a buck one season at 45 yds with a 6mm in the heart and he ran 265 steps. Shot a buck 2 weeks later in the heart at 250 yds and he dropped in his tracks.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 07:35 PM

Yelp ill take the shot I'm given but its not in my top locations.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 07:38 PM

Yelp ill take the shot I'm given but its not in my top locations.

Back when I started hunting it was meat shots and that is what we were taught. In the early 90's I learned where to shoot for no tracking. In South Texas brush and cactus by myself it was the only shot I took when given the choice. Nothing like driving up to a deer and loading it.

Posted By: billybob

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 10:50 PM

Yes they will

Shot a buck one season at 45 yds with a 6mm in the heart and he ran 265 steps. Shot a buck 2 weeks later in the heart at 250 yds and he dropped in his tracks.

I shoot exactly at the red spots....and in 50 years of hunting have never had to track a deer more than 10 yrds. But I've also never used anything smaller than a 308. Bobo you only got about 1/3 of the heart....what were you shooting a 22 hornet?

Re: Shot placement. - 07/15/12 10:54 PM

Lol you really think it was still pumping...257 wby......that was the only thing left of the vials everything else was soup..
nothing left couldn't even use the wind pipe to pull guts out

Posted By: jeffbird

Re: Shot placement. - 07/16/12 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Talisman

Most hunters in Texas shoot from elevated blinds. Those placements will have a downward angle, even at 100 yards, which seems to be a Texas standard unit of measurement for blind/feeder set-ups. There is minimal meat loss, and the deer drop dead right there, with no adrenaline rush which helps the quality of the flavor and tenderness of the meat in the opinion of some.

Severing the upper end of the thoracic spine is like flipping the breaker box master switch. Being able to very reliably place shots within 1" is important to this shot placement.

Going just forward of the shoulder 1/3 to 1/2 from the top of the back does the same thing.

If the shot is not comfortable for whatever reason, then go diagonally between the front of one leg and behind the other, or into the shoulder area. There is much more skeleton and body mass to receive the energy, and there is a larger area to hit. I use this placement for longer shots, especially if it is windy.

This was about 375 yards with a 308 and 175 SMK's.

This is the exit on the diagonal through the chest with entry forward of the offside shoulder. 308 again with 175 SMK's with my wife doing the shooting.

Posted By: bo3

Re: Shot placement. - 07/16/12 08:31 PM

Bottom line is know how to put a bullet in something vital from any angle. The better you are at this the more shot opportunities you will have. You also have to know your gun and your limits. .223 will kill a deer but may not have the penetration to reach the vitals on a angled shot (excluding head and neck shots) where as a 375 ruger would.

Posted By: cmorsch

Re: Shot placement. - 07/16/12 08:34 PM

In the crease behind the shoulder about 1/2 way down. I try to avoid ruining as much meat as possible, since I like to hunt so I can avoid the grocery store meat department.

Posted By: txd33rhunt3r

Re: Shot placement. - 07/17/12 02:56 AM

So far my experience with aiming where I placed the dots is nothing but DRT, right where they stood. 2 from a 20ft tree stand and 1 leaning against the fence behind my house at 290yds with the bar 308. Al of this is in the thick woods at or in LA. I dont particularly like pulling my deer out of the swamp so this is where my father taught me to aim in order to keep from being nasty, muddy, wet, and having to clean it after all that.

Posted By: Growin Wild Outdoors

Re: Shot placement. - 07/24/12 06:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Talisman

Most hunters in Texas shoot from elevated blinds. Those placements will have a downward angle, even at 100 yards, which seems to be a Texas standard unit of measurement for blind/feeder set-ups. There is minimal meat loss, and the deer drop dead right there, with no adrenaline rush which helps the quality of the flavor and tenderness of the meat in the opinion of some.

Severing the upper end of the thoracic spine is like flipping the breaker box master switch. Being able to very reliably place shots within 1" is important to this shot placement.

Going just forward of the shoulder 1/3 to 1/2 from the top of the back does the same thing.

If the shot is not comfortable for whatever reason, then go diagonally between the front of one leg and behind the other, or into the shoulder area. There is much more skeleton and body mass to receive the energy, and there is a larger area to hit. I use this placement for longer shots, especially if it is windy.

This was about 375 yards with a 308 and 175 SMK's.

This is the exit on the diagonal through the chest with entry forward of the offside shoulder. 308 again with 175 SMK's with my wife doing the shooting.

WOW A SMK DID THAT

Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Shot placement. - 07/24/12 10:37 PM

Neck, middle, infront of sholder
Originally Posted By: Bittercreek
Question for you folks. Under hundred yards. Shooting Remington .243, 100gr. Core-Locks. Averge West-Tx Buck, or Doe.
Shoot thru the shoulder, or just behind it?
Thanks for any advice.

Posted By: jeffbird

Re: Shot placement. - 07/25/12 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: combatkustoms
WOW A SMK DID THAT

Yes sir. 175 SMK's from a 308.

Posted By: toolman

Re: Shot placement. - 07/25/12 06:11 PM

I want to know where you guys are finding all of these deer with targets already on them. That shore would be handy and wouldn't make my head hurt so much tryin' to figger out where to choot'em!

Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: Shot placement. - 07/25/12 08:24 PM

South Texas brush warrants DRT shots.

Doe kills - head shots...save meat

Bucks - high shoulder shots...DRT, and I wont miss a little shoulder meat from a buck

Re: Shot placement. - 07/25/12 08:30 PM

X2
My uncle shot a decent 8pt in Madisonville and the shot blew the heart into 4pieces yet it jumped the fence, crossed the road, jump the other fence and took off into the neighbor's property

Posted By: Garthman

Re: Shot placement. - 07/26/12 03:34 AM

Small centerfires, neck. Or quartered away low behind the shoulder. Anything else a high shoulder shot or neck.

Posted By: Bear Charge

Re: Shot placement. - 07/26/12 03:56 AM

X2
My uncle shot a decent 8pt in Madisonville and the shot blew the heart into 4pieces yet it jumped the fence, crossed the road, jump the other fence and took off into the neighbor's property

Gave up on head shots huh?

Re: Shot placement. - 07/31/12 12:33 PM

This is how a large bidied Axis buck reacts to a high shoulder shot

Re: Shot placement. - 07/31/12 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: asartor

X2

Gave up on head shots huh?
No, never said that. He usually goes for neck. But this was a buck. And come to think of it he usually goes for the boiler room........but that don't stop me from my neck shots.

Re: Shot placement. - 07/31/12 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
This is how a large bidied Axis buck reacts to a high shoulder shot

Yep. That how it should be.up
That's how our deer react I guess you could say

Posted By: Stormy Weather

Re: Shot placement. - 07/31/12 10:55 PM

I like lower, just behind the shoulder. I've used many different guns and with a bullet that expands, that shot seems to always anchor them. Most of my kills have been with a .244 Remington loaded with 85 grain bullets. It's deadly (or should I say "used to be deadly") out to about 300 yds. Probably some of you younger hunters could stretch that a bit, but my eyes are getting too old for long shots.

Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Shot placement. - 08/01/12 12:35 AM

This.... 100gr Win Supreams about 2-4 in infront of the neck..... they will fall down
Originally Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: Shot placement. - 08/01/12 01:21 AM

Option A

option B

Re: Shot placement. - 08/01/12 01:30 AM

I would have continued on both options and pulled the trigger rifleman.

Posted By: BMD

Re: Shot placement. - 08/01/12 01:33 AM

I would have continued on both options and pulled the trigger rifleman.

Re: Shot placement. - 08/01/12 01:40 AM

Y'all some 2yo slaughters... 2nd one is the buck my FIL tried out the RRP 280 on.

Re: Shot placement. - 08/01/12 01:42 AM

Y'all some 2yo slaughters... 2nd one is the buck my FIL tried out the RRP 280 on.

wtf You calling that 2nd buck a 2yr old? bang loco loser8

Re: Shot placement. - 08/01/12 01:43 AM

X2

I feel sorry for any deer that isn't a 10pt at birth around ranchman

Re: Shot placement. - 08/01/12 01:44 AM

3 tops and that's just because of the staining

Re: Shot placement. - 08/01/12 01:46 AM

He is, no question on that one.

Re: Shot placement. - 08/01/12 01:49 AM

X2

I feel sorry for any deer that isn't a 10pt at birth around ranchman

My poor lil 9pt would have gotten cut bang

Re: Shot placement. - 08/01/12 01:53 AM

3 tops and that's just because of the staining

I will agree fully on 3 but now way 2.

Re: Shot placement. - 08/01/12 01:56 AM

2, aged @ 4.5 this past yr.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum