Texas Hunting Forum

HUNTING IN MOTLEY AND HALL COUNTY

Posted By: just do it

HUNTING IN MOTLEY AND HALL COUNTY - 02/28/12 02:28 PM

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW THIS COUNTRY IS FOR HUNTING? I KNOW THERE ARE WHITETAIL AND MULE DEER BUT WHAT ARE THE RATIOS? WOULD YOU RATHER HUNT HERE OR AROUND ASPERMONT? THANKS FOR THE HELP. THE LEASE IN MOTLRY AND HALL COUNTY ARE AROUND NORTHFIELD...

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: HUNTING IN MOTLEY AND HALL COUNTY - 02/28/12 04:15 PM

I've hunted Hall cty. southwest of Estelline,north of Turkey. Lots of Mulies on this ranch (over 25,000 acres) not many WT. This was 3 seasons ago. Now the RM tells me lots of WT in the past 2 years. Drought has hurt the herd somewhat,it will come back,always does. I've never hunted Motley but I know a fellow that has killed some big WT near Roaring springs... Look for Mulies near the 'Breaks' or badlands...WT favor the 'Shinnery' country and Mesquite flats. Aspermont area can be really good or really bad. The closer you get to the river the better,either the Salt fork or Double mt.fork produce equally well. I think more mulies will be found near Double mt fork.

Re: HUNTING IN MOTLEY AND HALL COUNTY - 03/01/12 09:35 PM

Thanks for the information, muchly appreciated.. I think we are leaning towards taking the lease out in hall county out by northfield...... Thanks again....

Posted By: thewrap

Re: HUNTING IN MOTLEY AND HALL COUNTY - 03/06/12 01:40 AM

I hunt just east of Turkey. Mulies outnumber WT atleast 3 to 1 if not more. Tons of mule deer and alot of does at that. But when you do get a shooter buck it's usually a good one.

Posted By: mohicansneakin

Re: HUNTING IN MOTLEY AND HALL COUNTY - 03/23/12 06:33 AM

There are no deer in either motley or hall county. It would be a waste of ti e and money to even try to hunt In these counties

Posted By: westexhunter

Re: HUNTING IN MOTLEY AND HALL COUNTY - 03/23/12 07:58 AM

ive hunted all over motley, very spotty, can be great or 3 years ago never had a shooter buck at all not even on camera, my father n law has hunted hall for 25 years and has killed many deer 130 plus so flip a coin, my vote try aspermont

Re: HUNTING IN MOTLEY AND HALL COUNTY - 03/23/12 03:44 PM

Thanks for the info and we have seen alot of mulies on the place in motley and decided to take that lease... have some pretty good pictures of wt 150+ so i hope it all works out.

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: HUNTING IN MOTLEY AND HALL COUNTY - 03/24/12 09:54 PM

Sounds like you made a good decision...Good luck.

Posted By: westexhunter

Re: HUNTING IN MOTLEY AND HALL COUNTY - 03/25/12 02:12 AM

PM me approx miles and direction from turkey, curious if it is areas i have hunted, not exact not trying to get in on your koolaid haha, just might be helpful to you

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum