Texas Hunting Forum

Who is going hunting this weekend?

Posted By: Brother in-law

Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 12:20 AM

Who is going for doe and spike and youth?

Posted By: helomech

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 12:26 AM

I will be bringing my boys for the youth season. Hopefully one of them get a shot at a deer I just started catching on my cameras. He has a wide and tall 2 points on one side, and a spike on the other. He needs to die. Here is a pic of him on the right side.

Posted By: cwbyhunter

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 02:05 AM

I have one last weekend for bucks. Been watching a 9 & 8 pointer. The 8 broke off the tip of his horn but nice rack. the 9 has a very nice rack and pretty thick all the way through. Hopefully I'll get a chance at him this weekend. The way work has been going haven't had much chance this year.

Posted By: texas archer

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 02:10 AM

I haven't seen a deer since the last weekend of bow season but what the heck I think I'll give it one more try this weekend. I need to go down and pull my travel trailer back any way.

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 02:40 AM

I'l be out there looking for a doe or cull

Posted By: helomech

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 03:20 AM

I won't be letting my boys kill any does this weekend, we already took 3 and I don't think we should take anymore off this year. Hopefully they will get a shot at a cull buck. Neither one of the have ever shot a buck, they both just got there first doe this year.

Posted By: tgil

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 03:30 AM

We're going.

Posted By: Big Daddy K

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 03:56 AM

Yes sir ree.

Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 05:22 AM

shooter

Posted By: reed

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 12:50 PM

I will be taking my 6 year old son for the last weekend of buck season. My son likes building the fire, eating the chocolate covered donuts and commanding the TV remote, all things his mother will not allow at home, better than the hunting.

Posted By: searay

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 01:48 PM

Boys get out of school at noon and we are off to Ozona Its gonna be cold this weekend

Posted By: SteveO

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 01:57 PM

searay - i'm headed to Ozona, too... we're looking to take 10 does between 6 hunters..... and there's a spike that has my tag on it.........

Posted By: searay

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 02:34 PM

We still have a big eight point that one of my boys is after
and a couple of spikes that we let walk the last weekend of the season. We are having a little end of the season party saturday night with a big shirmp boil so it should be a great weekend

Posted By: BigGameHunter02

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 04:50 PM

My dad is taking me down to our ranch down in south texas.

Posted By: atascosa_red

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 08:03 PM

I have one last weekend for bucks. Had one 7 pt and five 8 pointers at feeder last weekend (ALL AT ONE TIME). Might drop one of the eights this weekend. Got a doe and hog last weekend. I need one more deer to fill up my freezer.

Posted By: ralph

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 09:07 PM

You asked about deer but we're going quail hunting. Should be leaving in about 30 minutes.

Posted By: llbts1

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/18/08 10:54 PM

Quail hunting too

Posted By: meathunter

Re: Who is going hunting this weekend? - 01/19/08 02:30 AM

Just got back from the ranch. Took my boss hunting and he shot a doe. I asked him to shoot a spike that I had patterned on my game camera. The B&C spike did not come out until after he had shot the doe. He did not want to shoot a second deer and take the risk of making me mad. I would not have been mad this spike needs lead poisoning bad. I will go and try to take him out on Sunday, he has about a 10 inch spread with white tips at the end of his 10+ inch spikes. He is a trophy Spike.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum