Texas Hunting Forum

Cotton Seed

Posted By: Buck Naked

Cotton Seed - 01/12/12 09:51 PM

Any place remotely close to the Dallas area to get a truck load of Cotton seed to feed? Thanks

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Cotton Seed - 01/12/12 09:56 PM

welcome I am going to guess and say no for right now. With this drought last year I would guess that most of what crop there was was already contracted to ranchers.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Cotton Seed - 01/12/12 09:57 PM

Might want to call seed stores and mills in Vernon and w. Falls

Posted By: RocksAndKittens

Re: Cotton Seed - 01/12/12 10:03 PM

I thought I read a post on here about the pesticide used on cotton seeds causing antler deformities in WT? Did anyone else read that post or am I going crazy again?

Re: Cotton Seed - 01/12/12 10:16 PM

In Grayson county we already have horn deformity! smile

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Cotton Seed - 01/12/12 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: RocksAndKittens
I thought I read a post on here about the pesticide used on cotton seeds causing antler deformities in WT? Did anyone else read that post or am I going crazy again?

Do not remember that one but a link was posted that showed a chemical in cotton seed stunted antler developement in Red Deer

Posted By: 7mag

Re: Cotton Seed - 01/12/12 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: RocksAndKittens

yeah A&M look below

"However, both species are very similar to white-tails in terms of antler and reproductive cycles. As a result, there are good reasons to believe that gossypol could also affect white-tailed deer," Randel said.

http://agnewsarchive.tamu.edu/dailynews/stories/WFSC/May2703a.htm

Posted By: 10pointdoe

Re: Cotton Seed - 01/13/12 01:42 AM

I read from aTm its like giving bucks salt peter. They gave it to the football team at halftime to see how they would play the second half.

Posted By: PWT

Re: Cotton Seed - 01/13/12 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: 10pointdoe
They gave it to the football team at halftime to see how they would play the second half.

LOL!!!

Re: Cotton Seed - 01/13/12 03:43 AM

Shrunk the jewels at halftime I guess!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum