Texas Hunting Forum

11 days left

Posted By: nochance4win

11 days left - 01/04/12 07:01 PM

Anyone seeing any action still going on in the thickets of South Texas? I hope to be heading down to Bee county for a few more days and I hope some of the big boys are still moving.

Posted By: garza

Re: 11 days left - 01/04/12 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: nochance4win
Anyone seeing any action still going on in the thickets of South Texas? I hope to be heading down to Bee county for a few more days and I hope some of the big boys are still moving.

x2 I'm leaving for Jim Hogg county on the 8th for 4 days.

Posted By: CBHunter

Re: 11 days left - 01/04/12 07:36 PM

I was down in Webb Co. this past weekend, and it was frustrating. We have yet to see much rut activity. A little pushing of the does, but mostly eating. The oldest buck seen this past weekend was a 4.5yo. We just aren't seeing the more mature bucks out. Very weird year.

Posted By: redchevy

Re: 11 days left - 01/04/12 10:43 PM

2 weeks ago our bucks were just starting to show signs of rutting. I was wanting to go down and do some ratling this weekend and hope it sint too late. I dont think it will be. We still have a couple of good bucks that have not showed themselves this year that are on the hit list.

matt

Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: 11 days left - 01/05/12 12:15 AM

I have friends on a lease in Webb County and they have had a horrible season this year. They just got back from a 10 day hunt with nobody shooting a deer. Like was stated above, the big boys just are not moving for some reason.

Posted By: redchevy

Re: 11 days left - 01/05/12 02:41 PM

We have taken two of our mature bucks. And have put off doe hunting to keep the place quiet.

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: 11 days left - 01/05/12 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BowSlayer
I have friends on a lease in Webb County and they have had a horrible season this year. They just got back from a 10 day hunt with nobody shooting a deer. Like was stated above, the big boys just are not moving for some reason.

my buddy hunts a place near bruni and they have been seeing some good bucks, one guy killed a 165 and saw one that would be over 170

Posted By: CBHunter

Re: 11 days left - 01/05/12 03:05 PM

Redchevy, I tried rattling last week and got no response. Usually, this time of year we see lots of bucks...many that we've never seen before. Isn't happening this year. You're down around Hebbronville, right?

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum