Texas Hunting Forum

Perfect, can't get much better.

Posted By: Rustler

Perfect, can't get much better. - 12/11/11 02:59 PM

Woke this am decided to walk to one of my favorite spots, about a mile give or take from camp. Saw 1 broke off buck gave up walked a little further to another good spot.
Sat awhile, started sprinkling moved under a big cedar thinking it would pass quickly.
Stopped sprinkling so I figured I'd better head towards camp got about 1/4 mile and it started pouring. Got up under another big cedar in hopes of not getting soaked.
Rain let up a little so off I go, of course it starts raining again after I get about150 yards.
By now I'm pretty much soaked so i walk faster get to bottom of ravine/ canyon dry creek bed no longer dry, get up under rock overhang to ponder the situation.
I'm sitting here its 34 degrees soaked through to the skin water little under knee deep about 6' wide in the not so dry creek musta rained harder to the north. I'm fixin to wade across camp is only a little over 1/4 mile from here.
Moral of the story, if you get a smart phone for the first time download a good weather app and use it before you leave camp.
On the bright side the otter box water resistant phone cover seems to really live up to its name, it's the only thing that isn't wet.

On edit; started raining again, great, Don't see how I could get any wetter, did I mention when you're wet it feels even colder.

Posted By: cameron00

Re: Perfect, can't get much better. - 12/11/11 03:07 PM

At least you're out there.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum