Texas Hunting Forum

Straight up BS

Posted By: bowmadness26

Straight up BS - 11/27/11 03:47 AM

So I getta phone call today from my neighbor at my ranch in frost. She asks me if I was down there hunting this evening. She said there was a blue car and four guys with rifles parked there car and started walking through the property. Now we've had poachers here recently shooting deer and cuttin off the heads and leaving the bodys behind my neighbors property's. There ain't nothing you can do when it comes to people being stupid.

Posted By: Western

Re: Straight up BS - 11/27/11 03:53 AM

I'd ask her to call the GW or Sheriff next time for sure ( you probably already have). It just amazes me how some people are and the problem seems to only get worse.

Re: Straight up BS - 11/27/11 03:55 AM

Yeah we called but the office hours were closed and no one had his number. It's gettin to where I wanna Sitwell me next door neighbor to shoot on spot

Posted By: Western

Re: Straight up BS - 11/27/11 03:57 AM

Yeah that would work, then you could at least get a license plate while you wait for the Sheriff. I finally had to get my GW cell #'s so I had them on my cell.

Re: Straight up BS - 11/27/11 04:00 AM

I gues I better do that. Then.

Posted By: tboyde

Re: Straight up BS - 11/27/11 05:18 AM

I can get you his cell number in the morning.

Re: Straight up BS - 11/27/11 05:25 AM

I'd really appreciate it buddy. Do you live near frost or something?

Posted By: Letsgo

Re: Straight up BS - 11/27/11 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Western
Yeah that would work, then you could at least get a license plate while you wait for the Sheriff. I finally had to get my GW cell #'s so I had them on my cell.

Really not sure why everyone does not have the GW and Sheriff on their cell phones - makes life alot easier.

Posted By: notamtchance

Re: Straight up BS - 11/27/11 07:31 AM

That sad part is, if the economy keeps getting worse you will see a increase in that and other criminal activities. Still the economy is no excuse for that kind of behavior.

Posted By: tboyde

Re: Straight up BS - 11/27/11 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: bowmadness26
I'd really appreciate it buddy. Do you live near frost or something?

Yeah, just down the road, P.M. sent

Posted By: Nate C.

Re: Straight up BS - 11/27/11 11:57 PM

You can just about always reach a game warden by calling the Sheriff's Office for the county in which you are located. Also, the Operation Game Thief hotline is answered around the clock, every day of the year: 800-792-GAME.

Posted By: _Lee

Re: Straight up BS - 11/28/11 12:10 AM

id be too scared of getting shot hunting on someone elses land

Posted By: Csddarden

Re: Straight up BS - 11/28/11 12:31 AM

You can look up your gw's # on the txpw site.

Posted By: JCB

Re: Straight up BS - 11/28/11 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: bowmadness26
Yeah we called but the office hours were closed and no one had his number.

Get to know your local GW. Each one should have a card with thier contact info on it. Our GW even gave me his cell phone number in case I ever have any issues on our place ever again.

Posted By: jdw

Re: Straight up BS - 11/28/11 01:45 AM

I think the game warden in ellis county is jeff powell. Last number I had for him was 972 935 6164.

Posted By: gary75758

Re: Straight up BS - 11/28/11 01:54 AM

Have GW & sheriff number on speed dial on cell phone

texas

Posted By: THETEXAN

Re: Straight up BS - 11/28/11 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: newby84
id be too scared of getting shot hunting on someone elses land
rifle peep

Posted By: THETEXAN

Re: Straight up BS - 11/28/11 02:35 AM

I have My Gw on my cell Plus He is a friend. They Love catching BAD GUY'S !! I really like the ridealong's too !

Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Straight up BS - 11/28/11 02:59 AM

Game Warden + speed dial = busted poacher sometimes......my buddy just had another poacher busted. Arm yourself, use precaution, call GW. etc etc

Posted By: bossbowman

Re: Straight up BS - 11/28/11 03:50 AM

Click the link at the top to find your local warden by county, I have mine on speed dial you never know when it might come in handy, also remember the operatiion game thief # is on your license, this works too.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/warden/find_warden/

Posted By: jdw

Re: Straight up BS - 11/28/11 04:21 AM

Your gw is jeff powell as I mentioned earlier. I posted number also.

Re: Straight up BS - 11/28/11 04:24 AM

Preciate it guys

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum