Texas Hunting Forum

How many bucks?

Posted By: Birdog62

How many bucks? - 11/18/11 03:11 AM

We are having a heated argument with some fellow hunters about how many bucks you can kill on this years license. I hunt in two different counties, one is a one buck county and the other is a two buck county. I say I can kill three bucks but the other hunters say that I'm wrong and I can only kill two. The Outdoor Annual makes it sound like I can kill three but they say it is misleading. So which is it; Two or Three? Thanks in advance

Posted By: Rustler

Re: How many bucks? - 11/18/11 03:22 AM

You can take 3, that's one reason there is a log on the back of the license.

1 in the 1 buck county, 2 in the 2 buck county = 3

Posted By: Bwana83

Re: How many bucks? - 11/18/11 01:28 PM

Rustler is correct. It has changed at some point. As long as you don't exceed the bag limit in either county, you can kill 3. Two in one county and one in the other or even 3 bucks all in different counties

Posted By: dawson55

Re: How many bucks? - 11/18/11 01:46 PM

3 is correct. 5 wt statewide with no more than 3 bucks. From there you must follow individual rules for each county. So you can take 1 buck in three diffrent 1 buck counties.

Posted By: Nontypical3006

Re: How many bucks? - 11/18/11 01:47 PM

^^^^^^What they said. That 2 buck county gives you the extra. Your buddies would be right if all you hunted was 1 buck counties. Even if you were able to hunt in 3 or more 1 buck counties, I believe you can only shoot 2 bucks in all 1 buck counties combined but someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Posted By: Nontypical3006

Re: How many bucks? - 11/18/11 01:48 PM

I was typing when dawson posted. I may have misread the regs. Can you take more than 2 bucks in all 1 buck counties combined?

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: How many bucks? - 11/18/11 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Nontypical3006
I was typing when dawson posted. I may have misread the regs. Can you take more than 2 bucks in all 1 buck counties combined?

Yes. Bag limits for deer are by county only as long as you have a tag on the license.

Posted By: Birdog62

Re: How many bucks? - 11/18/11 02:01 PM

I just made points with my buddies. They are excited about being able to take another buck. banana banana2

Posted By: Bwana83

Re: How many bucks? - 11/18/11 03:45 PM

Previously you could only kill two bucks in the north zone period. In order to kill 3, you had to shoot one in the south zone which is south of highway 10. That rule has since been changed. I had to double check with the game warden but you can in fact shoot your 3 bucks no matter where they come from, as long as you don't exceed the county bag limit as stated above

Posted By: kelley350x

Re: How many bucks? - 11/17/12 07:36 PM

Digging up an old thread here but is this still the case or has it changed since 11/18/11?

Thanks

I hunt in Jasper and Newton Counties, Both are two buck counties, I can kill two bucks in one county and one in the other, correct?
Posted By: crappie king

Re: How many bucks? - 11/17/12 08:04 PM

So if I hunt in a one buck county and shoot my buck I also have acess to another one buck county can I shoot one in each county and get 2 legally ??
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: How many bucks? - 11/17/12 09:04 PM

Yes
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: How many bucks? - 11/17/12 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: kelley350x
Digging up an old thread here but is this still the case or has it changed since 11/18/11?

Thanks

I hunt in Jasper and Newton Counties, Both are two buck counties, I can kill two bucks in one county and one in the other, correct?

Correct
Posted By: crappie king

Re: How many bucks? - 11/18/12 03:24 AM

Cool thank you
Posted By: kelley350x

Re: How many bucks? - 11/18/12 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: kelley350x

Thanks

Correct

thanks BoBo
After looking at this (and before you answered) I was able to get in contact with a Local Game warden and confirmed what the others were saying here. He said it is one of the most common mistakes hunters make and said he has no clue why people think that.. lol
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: How many bucks? - 11/18/12 11:31 AM

Heck shoot 4 or 5 bucks a piece...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum