Texas Hunting Forum

Young County

Posted By: 300_Win.Mag

Young County - 10/19/11 10:16 PM

If anyone hunts there how has it been so far. Haven't seen many deer on cameras or anywhere. Thanks

Posted By: passthru

Re: Young County - 10/19/11 11:41 PM

Seeing deer. 38 deer and hog pics in 24 hours last weekend. No shooters yet though.

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Young County - 10/20/11 12:31 AM

I hunted last weekend too, southern part of the county. Saw all bucks still running together, no does or fawns. No shooters for me in person or on the cameras. I saw one older 6 point way outside the ears that easily meets AR. Hoping it is a 6 only because of the drought and makes it to be something better next year. Seeing some spikes as well. The rains filled all the dry tanks and creek back up. There are no acorns or native pecans left to drop, and no wheat was planted in the area I hunt, so EVERYTHING is hitting feeders hard. We always see nice bucks around the rut that we never see before or after, so I am not as discouraged as that report sounds. Better will show.

Posted By: DudleyDoRight76

Re: Young County - 10/20/11 05:28 PM

I have seen 3-4 deer everytime i've been in the stand.. Mostly out in the open on rideaways.. Not at the feeder.

Posted By: elliscountyhog

Re: Young County - 10/20/11 06:46 PM

Young/throckmorton county line, been seeing a decent amount of movement, several decent bucks and yes they are hitting the feed hard.

Posted By: DoubleB20

Re: Young County - 10/20/11 07:26 PM

New lease in Young County this year. A few deer, one 10 pt on camera, a few young bucks and a few doe. TONS and TONS of hogs!

Last Friday I pulled my camera card and replaced with empty card just after dark. Pulled it again Sunday morning about 9:30am - 275 pics of hogs and deer - and raccoons! Everything at night. It was still getting pretty warm in the daytime.

Posted By: bigbuck1

Re: Young County - 10/20/11 07:38 PM

I'm in the north part of the county. South of Megergal and have some pretty nice bucks showing up on camera. 2nd year on lease ,last year never saw a legal buck.Bucks showing up from 7:30 to 8:30 am and right at dark.

Posted By: Rustler

Re: Young County - 10/20/11 08:23 PM

Most deer activity on our main lease has been from 7:45 ~ 9:30 am.
Going to water just before dark then going to feeders after dark.

7:15 ~ 8am and an hour before dark on the smaller lease.

Posted By: bigbuck1

Re: Young County - 10/30/11 09:14 PM

I was back out to my lease Thursday to fill feeders. Still having some nice bucks showing up on camara's. One more week to go.

Posted By: memarkers

Re: Young County - 10/30/11 11:34 PM

Hey bigbuck1, I have a friend that had 5k acres between Jean and Megargel and every year he would pop a biggun during rut. be patient. They are there.

Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Young County - 10/31/11 12:25 AM

I looked in one of my wheat fields in Young Co today,and found numerous tracks, mostly deer. They are hitting the corn hard as well. I have been seeing some decent bucks as well.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Young County - 10/31/11 01:22 AM

Saw no bucks this weekend but plenty of skillet tops. Filled an antlerless tag. Could have filled at least two. Wanting to wait on a buck or pig though.

Posted By: Black Smoke

Re: Young County - 10/31/11 02:55 AM

Not much action in southern young unless your a pig hunter had to breakdown and put pins up some small bucks running together a few does hope it turns around by opening weekend

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum