Texas Hunting Forum

San Angelo report weather and activity ?

Posted By: cholo

San Angelo report weather and activity ? - 11/26/07 05:51 PM

Just wanting to know whats happening in that area headed up there this thursday through sunday.

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: San Angelo report weather and activity ? - 11/26/07 05:56 PM

Im West of there but this should be peak of the rut weekend from what I saw. I dont look at the weather until I go, they got some precip last weekend which was badly needed. Should be good.

Posted By: dirtynix

Re: San Angelo report weather and activity ? - 11/27/07 12:15 AM

Talked to a rancher on a high fence place 30 mminutes south of San Ang. and they said the rut was finishing up.

Posted By: JCB

Re: San Angelo report weather and activity ? - 11/27/07 12:28 AM

Just got back from a week long trip out that way. We are about 30 minutes north of San Angelo in Coke Co. and I only saw one buck chase a doe the whole time, but he was the best buck I have seen all year so far (super tall 10 point with about 4" of his main beam broke off).

It snowed just about all day on Thanksgiving and the cold weather had the deer moving pretty good. When I left on Sunday morning the area was saturated with 2 days of a heavy drizzle and everything was pretty muddy.

Most of the rutting activity that I have seen took place the last weekend of bow season and has been on the decline ever since.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum