Texas Hunting Forum

callahan county

Posted By: TAT

callahan county - 10/10/11 02:49 AM

Heading to the lease tomorrow and was wondering if anyone else here hunts that county. If so how has the deer movement been? im pretty sure there was some rain! Thanks for any info.

Posted By: Lazyman

Re: callahan county - 10/10/11 03:15 AM

Good luck..Hope you get something..Me and T went out last Sunday but only saw some does..

Re: callahan county - 10/10/11 03:19 AM

just wondering, do i want to hog hunt with my rifle or deer hunt with my bow. choices choices! prob go with the bow! i just want to see some animals and drink a few cold ones!

Posted By: Lazyman

Re: callahan county - 10/10/11 03:25 AM

Hell put the bow in one stand and the gun in another and run back and forth..Make sure there is beer in each so you can be refreshed after each time..

Re: callahan county - 10/10/11 01:24 PM

now thats a plan!!!!!

Posted By: papa45

Re: callahan county - 10/10/11 04:46 PM

Just started hunting Callahan County. Seeing deer and some hogs on cameras at night, but nothing during daylight.

Posted By: Reezon25

Re: callahan county - 10/10/11 05:00 PM

callahan is awesome!! great deer out there

Re: callahan county - 10/10/11 10:21 PM

In the stand now! Got 3 at the feeder! Let's do this !

Posted By: JCB

Re: callahan county - 10/10/11 10:23 PM

Good luck! I expect to see some blood before dark.

Posted By: JCB

Re: callahan county - 10/10/11 11:45 PM

Updates????

Re: callahan county - 10/11/11 08:33 PM

well it was a no go! saw alot of deer movement but couldnt close the deal. the big 12 we have seen on the game cam showed this morning. never presented a shot. he could probably hear my heart beating!lol hopefully next time i can close the deal.

Posted By: Shortysboy09

Re: callahan county - 10/11/11 08:37 PM

I hate when that happens...

A couple of years ago I had a monster Axis do that to me on a South Texas ranch. It sucked... Of course the other Axis with him, with one horn, presented more than a few shots, but I waited and came home empty handed. Oh well!

Re: callahan county - 10/11/11 08:48 PM

its does suck but hey thats hunting. just pumps me up more for next time!

Posted By: aeb

Re: callahan county - 10/12/11 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: papa45
Just started hunting Callahan County. Seeing deer and some hogs on cameras at night, but nothing during daylight.

Same thing here. Night activity is pretty good but not much during the daylight.

Re: callahan county - 10/12/11 01:34 AM

yesterday afternoon was great in callahan. lots of movement. nice and overcast. sure was nice to see the ground muddy instead of dry as all get out.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum