Texas Hunting Forum

Bushnell Trophy Cam??

Posted By: Mykol

Bushnell Trophy Cam?? - 08/28/11 10:07 PM

For those of you that use the Bushnell Trophy Cam, I have a question. Some of my photos are great, but some are "washed out". When looking in the lens hole of the case, I see a pinkish lens that seems to swing either over or away from this lens opening. I can tilt the case one way or the other while tapping the case and can cause the pinkish colored lens to be either over or clear of the camera lens opening. Is the position of this lens possibly a factor in determining whether my photos are correctly exposed vs. those that are "washed out"? Thanks

Posted By: Skunk Ape

Re: Bushnell Trophy Cam?? - 08/29/11 09:21 PM

No, that is the IR filter arm you are seeing. It moves into place when it switches to IR mode in the evening. What you are probably seeing is the result of the IR filter arm not moving into place at the right time, meaning you would get a "white out" situation when the filter arm moves over the lens too soon(before it's actually dark out). This can be due to camera placement sometimes, such as if you have your camera mounted under a heavy canopy of trees or other location with lots of shade. If you move it out from under the canopy, you might get better results. Hope this helps. If you want, check out http://www.chasingame.com/ for lots of good info on trail cameras.

Re: Bushnell Trophy Cam?? - 09/01/11 02:41 AM

This makes sense. Thanks Skunk!!

Posted By: bjackson

Re: Bushnell Trophy Cam?? - 09/02/11 11:08 PM

How do you like those bushnell trophy cams so far? We have bought 9 of them and have had pretty good luck so far, only had em out for about 2 months.

Re: Bushnell Trophy Cam?? - 09/04/11 02:04 AM

Other than the occasional "washed out" photo thing that I mentioned, my experience has been great!

Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Bushnell Trophy Cam?? - 09/04/11 12:10 PM

I have bought 2 and sent 3 back for repair. One of the 2 still gets white-out pictures on most of the daytime shots. I will never buy another one.

Posted By: Chafro

Re: Bushnell Trophy Cam?? - 09/05/11 01:03 AM

Anyone here using the new blackflash from bushnell?

466c?

Any trouble in the sensing deparment with the high temps?

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum