Texas Hunting Forum

Simple hunting poll

Posted By: Texas Dan

Simple hunting poll - 08/24/11 04:28 PM

Just a simple poll. No follow-up comments please.

Do you routinely hunt with people who happen to be of a race other than your own?

Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 12:01 AM

Posted By: mike9582

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 01:06 AM

Why?

Posted By: crstfr

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 01:18 PM

lol... odd poll~....

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: crstfr
lol... odd poll~....
x2

Posted By: Rockinmyshoe

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Originally Posted By: crstfr
lol... odd poll~....
x2

X3

Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 02:28 PM

Texas Dan tell us whats the poll for?

Posted By: redchevy

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 04:51 PM

I guess the majority of us are racist? confused2

Posted By: SATX

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 05:27 PM

I would hunt with anyone of any color, if I were confident in their gun safety and hunting abilities.

This is a stupid poll that can serve no purpose for race relations. Sorry, but it had to be said.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 05:31 PM

No follow up comments roflon THF hammer

Posted By: PSE-Xforce-AXE

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 06:25 PM

I don't care what color you are! I will hunt, fish, work, eat or even play horse shoes with who ever! Only people I am racist against is the trash-scum of the world of any color.

Posted By: HICKORY12

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 06:29 PM

What kind of hunting? Deer? Dove? squirrel? Other? I usually hunt alone.

Posted By: Armalite260

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: PSE-Xforce-AXE
I don't care what color you are! I will hunt, fish, work, eat or even play horse shoes with who ever! Only people I am racist against is the trash-scum of the world of any color.

X2..

The only people I'm racist against are.... STUPID People.. rofl

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 07:17 PM

I hunt with a a couple of mexicans. I mean Real mexicans, from mexico.

good hunters and the food and stories are great.

Posted By: eastex

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 07:42 PM

i hunt with a yankee does that count

Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: eastex
rofl

Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 07:59 PM

Dont deer hunt with anybody of a different race but do fish, pig hunt, dove hunt, and shoot with different races. I aint skeered

Posted By: redchevy

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 08:15 PM

This kinda made me laugh, but at work the other day I was pulling some 2010 census figures and figured heck I will look up Duval County where our place is just to see what it says... Well according to the census beuro Duval Co is 82% non hispanic whites.

That is a load of BS When we head down to the ranch we are the only Gringos in town!

Posted By: BYPATHofNIGHT

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 08:18 PM

I neither hunt nor avoid hunting with any person based upon something as shallow as race; I do avoid people I don't like, also regardless of race.

Posted By: Stoney

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 10:39 PM

I hunt with a guy that looks like the "young" Elvis. Does that count?

Posted By: Jimbo_47

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 10:46 PM

My question is WHY and why no comments?

Realistically it all depends on the circumstances, and if it's the right lease, on the right place, the right price, I can't see why race would even enter into the equation, unless you would just feel that strongly about it!

But I guess there are those who would consider that a deal breaker!

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 10:47 PM

Come on Texas Dan....why the poll?

Posted By: Jimbo_47

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: BuckRage

Go ahead and take the lease!...They won't bite!

Then again, you might want to see if they've had their shots!

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo_47
Originally Posted By: BuckRage

Go ahead and take the lease!...They won't bite!

Then again, you might want to see if they've had their shots!
confused2

Posted By: NTX270

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: eastex

Where is he from ... Oklahoma? woot

Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/25/11 11:59 PM

Hunt and fish with anyone (race, religion, gender, etc...) except liberals. I work with a diverse team they call us the BMW crew. We just happen to be the only crew that keeps the plant operational 100% for the last 6 years

Posted By: Tres

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/26/11 02:13 AM

I'm sticking with the human race these days, say what you will.

Posted By: Bernard

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/26/11 04:54 PM

I agree with 10pointers. Race doesn't matter, but I draw the line with hunting (or fishing) with liberals. The farther I can stay away from liberals, the better. Of course, you probably won't find too many liberals hunting. They're more into gun control, and hunting for them would be out of the question.

Posted By: MikeBillington

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/26/11 07:08 PM

Oh boy are you wrong Bernard. rofl We see people of all political, religious, ethics and other backgrounds bringing their animals into our shop. Believe it or not, EVERYONE except for the PETA people believes in carrying a deer rifle. It's when it comes to automatic weapons like AK47's where they draw the line. rifle

Posted By: JRPurvis

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/26/11 07:18 PM

Well, I'll give a comment to the question. I'm white. I only hunt with other whites, but that's because the wife is also white, and I rarely hunt with anyone else. At this time, all my coworkers are white, although I have hunted with an Asian coworker (former boss) in the past, and have gave him a wild hog this last winter. To my knowledge, other than Liu, no other the minorities I know hunts at all. The only other one that even owns a gun has no interest in hunting - he's strictly a range shooter.

According to the feds, 96% of hunters in 2001 were white. Kind of makes it hard to find non-white hunters with those odds.

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/26/11 07:21 PM

In my highschool, we had one black guy.... hunted with him all the time.... since then I havent met or made friends with anyone of a different race, at least not any that hunt. So would I? of course, already have. Do I.... nope, just dont know anyone.

I do hog hunt with some mexicans.... they know very lil english if any, and it is pretty entertaining when the dogs strike a big pig with us trying to communicate.

Posted By: fishhuntgolfgeek

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/27/11 07:20 PM

Odd poll. I'm asian and hunt with white guys all the time. So far, they seem okay to me. yingyang

Posted By: JJH

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/29/11 05:11 PM

Guess ol' Dan is not going to share with us the reason for such a strang poll.

Posted By: DSP56

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/29/11 05:22 PM

Do I ? no because I just dont know any. Would I ? Hell yeah

Posted By: millerliteliker

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/29/11 06:14 PM

How about a poll "do you hunt with idiots"?

Well, unfortunately, I have.

Posted By: gamebear

Re: Simple hunting poll - 08/29/11 06:57 PM

fishhuntgolfgeek- still laughing after reading your post.

Our family has significant Cherokee bloodline. I hunt with my little brother, so I guess he and I both hunt with other "races" each time we go?

Posted By: Wiredhernandez

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/01/11 06:50 PM

Yes. but I have no choice

hammer

Posted By: Scalpel4

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/01/11 07:38 PM

Yeah WTH is the point of this? I hunt with white friends, asian, black, and soon this winter an indian muslim if he lets me join him for my first buck. I even went hogging with a liberal, a benefit of being non-political. Just because we hunt are you implying we're all some backwoods "deliverance" hicks?

Mods delete this poll please. Its offensive.

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/01/11 10:37 PM

As the title of this poll suggests, it was meant to give some small measure of how much diversity currently exists within the hunting community. Hunting has always been for the most part, a group sport. As our nation becomes more diverse, an increase in the ethnic diversity of those who practice our sport would seem critical to its survival. After all, hunting is not a right, but something we are allowed to do with the permission of the non-hunting majority.

Posted By: kyle1974

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/01/11 10:38 PM

I'll hunt with the blacks and the chinese..... but NOT the irish!!!

ok......I'll hunt with the Irish too....

(let's see how many blazing saddles fans we have)

on a serious note, some of my best hunting buddies are a different race than I am.

Posted By: RedTrail

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 06:05 AM

I'm 1/32 Cherokee... does that make me the "other" race? If so, my buddies need to re-do their poll.

Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 12:21 PM

There are studies and data alot more reliable than this to tell you the amount of the diversity in the hunting community and the answer is:not much.

The vast majority of hunters are white males.Just the way it is and the way it has been for a long time. This stems from a combination of historical conditions,cultural preferences, and increasing urbanization.

Now,if one expands into other outdoor activities(fishing,camping,bicycling,etc.)the numbers change but probably not by as much as you might think.

Posted By: longhorn_cop

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 01:34 PM

Lots of brown skinned hunters in So. Texas.
I hunt with white guys all the time.
But, it's kinda hard to keep names straight, as you guys all look alike..
bolt

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: longhorn_cop
bolt

LMFAO....

Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 02:34 PM

bolt

As the very defintion of "generic white guy", I take much offense to your remark. rofl

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 02:56 PM

We should do a poll of how many Chinese celebrate their New Year with other races. I got where your coming from but it's a culture thing and I do believe the more diverse the better because PETA never stops trying to take away our hunting rights. I do say rights because I believe it is a right.

p.s. I'm a mutt white/mexican but 100% American baby! flag

Posted By: catchin'

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 03:38 PM

Well I guess since I only hunt with my son I would have to say I only hunt with those of my ethnicity/race/countryman.

But since I'm Italian/Hispanic/Spanish/Apache/Scandinavian/Texican there are not too many people not of my race/ethnicity

Posted By: kyle1974

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 04:06 PM

bolt

That is a horrible comment to make. Not all white people are the same....

signed

John Smith

Posted By: rstewlandman

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Scalpel4
Yeah WTH is the point of this? I hunt with white friends, asian, black, and soon this winter an indian muslim if he lets me join him for my first buck. I even went hogging with a liberal, a benefit of being non-political. Just because we hunt are you implying we're all some backwoods "deliverance" hicks?

Mods delete this poll please. Its offensive.

If you get offended that easily, life must be pretty tough

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: catchin'

But since I'm Italian/Hispanic/Spanish/Apache/Scandinavian/Texican there are not too many people not of my race/ethnicity

How did the Scandinavian get drawn into this mix. He seeems kind of out of place here. lol35

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 07:16 PM

bolt

Your confusing me here. Now who looks all the same, the brown people or the white people? eeks333 Personally I think all hunters look the same. Can't tell one from the other when they sit in their blinds with the camo on. elmer

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
There are studies and data alot more reliable than this to tell you the amount of the diversity in the hunting community and the answer is:not much.

The vast majority of hunters are white males.Just the way it is and the way it has been for a long time. This stems from a combination of historical conditions,cultural preferences, and increasing urbanization.

Now,if one expands into other outdoor activities(fishing,camping,bicycling,etc.)the numbers change but probably not by as much as you might think.

Yes, but the ethnic makeup of this country is very different than it was 40 years ago when I first took up the sport. I think most would agree the original hunting heritage of the sport came from the Native Americans and Europeans who later migrated here. But today it seems the greatest migration includes cultures in which hunting is not a part.

I believe I read recently that white males are no longer the majority in this country. If hunting continues to be a predominately a white male sport, what does that say for its future?

Posted By: Chris Hall

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 09:34 PM

Braden on the left Me on the Right

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/02/11 09:42 PM

Great photos no doubt. And a great example at how hunting can be so much more than just a "white man's sport."

Thanks for sharing.

Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: Simple hunting poll - 09/03/11 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By: PSE-Xforce-AXE

up

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum