Texas Hunting Forum

Gas powered blower deer feeder

Posted By: sig6060

Gas powered blower deer feeder - 08/18/11 10:24 PM

Hey guys,
I have been doing some research on leaf blower deer feeder fillers. I have been getting some mixed reviews and wanted to see what you guys thought. Anyone have any expierence with these? If so, what are your thoughts and what models are you using. Also, if anyone know if someone is selling these things on the forum I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks a bunch.

Posted By: Hogfather

Re: Gas powered blower deer feeder - 08/18/11 11:00 PM

A guy on my old lease had one. It worked perfect, but for every bag you filled with it, you could fill 5 on your own. Not the fastest way, but a great idea if you are by your self and want to stay on the ground and keep things a little safer.

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Gas powered blower deer feeder - 08/19/11 12:13 AM

The older and more arthritic I get that sounds like a good way to do it.Climbing up on a wobbly ladder is not good,plus it's hard to hold your beer at the same time.

Posted By: sig6060

Re: Gas powered blower deer feeder - 08/19/11 12:46 AM

Thanks for the imput. The one I am looking at claims it can empty a 50lb bag of protein in less than a minute. Unloading 4000 lbs by yourself, up and down a ladder, is pretty rough work.

Posted By: WhitetailFreak

Re: Gas powered blower deer feeder - 08/19/11 05:35 PM

I have had a feed blower from Outback Feeders called an "Amigo" for two years. It is rated at 125#'s corn/minute and can be set in the bed of your truck/trailer or it comes with a hitch reciever you can slide in it and still carry feed in the bed of your truck. the blower is the biggest model Sthil offers. I have been very pleased with it. They are expensive but it really helps if it's just you and a buddy putting out alot of corn or protien. I would recommend them.

Posted By: Branden

Re: Gas powered blower deer feeder - 08/20/11 02:40 AM

I have one that I made myself was suppost to get some pics for some guys on here and my wife took my camera out of my truck and didnt know it till I got down there to get the camera..

My leaf blower I took the hose off and put a PVC "T" right to the blower then on top of the "T" put a hopper to pour the corn into and at the other end ran about 12ft of flex hose...It will empty the hopper faster then you can pour a bag of corn into it. Zip tied the trigger closed to the blower start it up and start pouring bags in..

Posted By: jim1961

Re: Gas powered blower deer feeder - 08/20/11 03:42 AM

I have been wandering how they work myself

Posted By: btpatriot

Re: Gas powered blower deer feeder - 08/20/11 04:02 AM

Home made much faster than bags with two 600 br magnum stihl back pack blowers.

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Gas powered blower deer feeder - 08/20/11 04:52 AM

Can I say OMG without being labeled a Jelly Roll?That is one awesome setup!I want one.STIHL rules.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum