Texas Hunting Forum

Cmere Deer or other products

Posted By: Dairy Boy

Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 03:28 PM

Ive been wondering if I should be use some sort of attractant. I have 2 feeders that the deer come into regularly and several protein blocks and water troughs near by. Should I also be spending my money on the attractants and if so when should I start? What kind works best also?

Thanks

Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 03:41 PM

What I have learned about attractants is if is is something not normally found in area it scares deer enless you have it out early enough they get used to it! If they have fruit trees and are use to smell then you can throw fruit out,but if it's new to them then they shy away,same goes for acorns or other non-indiginous smells/attractant.

Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: RLoving1
What I have learned about attractants is if is is something not normally found in area it scares deer enless you have it out early enough they get used to it! If they have fruit trees and are use to smell then you can throw fruit out,but if it's new to them then they shy away,same goes for acorns or other non-indiginous smells/attractant.

Do not waste your money

Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 06:15 PM

They dont work

Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: pokerj2
They dont work

This has been my experience also.

Corn has worked as good, or better, than anything else on the market.

Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 07:20 PM

Right now H20 is going to be the best attractant for most places.

Posted By: wellingtontx

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 07:57 PM

I am usually very skeptical of all attractants as they seem to only attract the huners' pocketbooks vs. deer. However, I recently gave Rack Daddy mineral a try and have to say that in less than 24 hours, deer were on the mineral. I am about as skeptical as they come but was impressed with this product.

Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 08:07 PM

A waste of money.....however I'm a sucker for anything. I buy a gallon of corn syrup every other month or so and mix a jello package with it and start putting it out in a metal trough about this time of year-homemad Buck-Jam. I don't have to worry about pigs though. But back to the original topic: anybody can get lucky with anything once.

Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 08:10 PM

Tried it and others...........NEVER WORKED! Still a sucker though, sometimes I'll give something new a try but til now I've always disappointed. This year I found 2 kinds of attractants from BuckRage on sale at Academy for $0.88 and $1.88 so i'll give them a try but for the price can't go wrong.

Posted By: michael rice

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 08:44 PM

just buy some sweet feed at feed store

Posted By: ctownboy

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 08:46 PM

Man if you can find some Buck Crack........ nevermind rofl

Posted By: Hard Knocks

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: michael rice
just buy some sweet feed at feed store
can you put that in a spin feeder?

Posted By: wellingtontx

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 09:12 PM

NO NO - Do not put any type of sweet feed in a spin feeder. It will certainly stop it up and rot.

Posted By: ctonsmitty

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 09:22 PM

Cmere Deer does not work.....the only attractants for me that are the real deal are corn and HOT does (and I will take the later any and all day)

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 09:47 PM

What about Indian Corn?

Posted By: shark 25-06

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 10:14 PM

or peanut butter?

Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 10:22 PM

with or without jelly?

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 10:24 PM

Grape Jelly

Posted By: michael rice

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/10/11 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: wellingtontx
NO NO - Do not put any type of sweet feed in a spin feeder. It will certainly stop it up and rot.

just poor it out on ground do not put in feeder

Posted By: jim1961

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/11/11 02:54 AM

popcorn

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/11/11 03:16 AM

Just give me your money youre going to waste.

Corn is all you need. maybe alpaha

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/11/11 03:20 AM

Buck Crack

I have 8 extra buckets in the back of my weak broken down jeep that was supposed to be picked up. Your pric is 49.00 I deliver for the small fee of 30 dolla. I can video your hunts as well for a small fee. I will trade you a turkey hunt for a squirrel hunt. We will proably see some 150 deer while hunting so get ready. ninja

Posted By: aggie96

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/11/11 03:49 AM

I have started using Rack Daddy minerals with some really good luck.

Posted By: Knightdiscshooter

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/11/11 03:56 AM

C'Mere deer is a waste of money. I've tried deer cocaine blocks and powder works ok.. cows like better than the deer.

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/12/11 03:36 AM

Have tried bunch and most of time waste of $ have ocassionally seen young deer eat some but that is all. Never saw or had pics of deer at C'mere deer

Posted By: Littlejr13

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/12/11 06:44 AM

They seem to work this year for me. This is what some swamp donkey and minerals have done. Then again it may be cause there is nothing else to eat here in north east Texas.

Posted By: Western

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/12/11 05:50 PM

I think that stuff works best when your getting paid by the vender!

I have had luck with granular salt/mineral that I used for my cows, but that is time of year spacific, not really an attractant.

Good food plot, corn and water and security are good attractants, (hot doe too) IMHO

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/12/11 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: TX1
Ive been wondering if I should be use some sort of attractant. I have 2 feeders that the deer come into regularly and several protein blocks and water troughs near by. Should I also be spending my money on the attractants and if so when should I start? What kind works best also?

Thanks

Don't waste your money coons will eat it before any deer.

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/12/11 11:39 PM

Anyone ever heard of cutting up sweetpotatoes and tossing them out as an attractant?

Posted By: dadawg

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/13/11 01:37 AM

apples are pretty good

Posted By: jcoutdoors

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/13/11 11:41 AM

Drops from the local orchards in Kansas work well for us as well. They are free at some orchards if you pick them up as they cannot sell them to the public.
It is pretty cool to watch one of those Kansas deer put a whole apple in his mouth and chomp, roll it with their tongue, chomp roll it with their tongue. It does not take them but a moment to make that apple disappear.

Posted By: fitchjr

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/14/11 07:44 PM

The way I see it, if your spending thousands of dollars to lease a place, fuel to get there, gear, rifle/ammo/optics. Whats $30.00 extra? Ive used "attractants" before but not religiously, just mix some in with some corn and throw it out before a hunt. I wouldnt put it directly underneath a feeder but in some outside clearings. You never know what a deer is going to be interested in and I dont see them getting spooked by anything mixed with corn.

Posted By: mikeydon

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/14/11 09:47 PM

This stuff only work's for the manufactor,They done there part if you buy it. up

Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: Cmere Deer or other products - 08/15/11 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: ctownboy
Man if you can find some Buck Crack........ nevermind rofl

I found 3 five gallon buckets at the lease. I was thinking about giving it away. I dont know how old it is rofl

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum